• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you in heat?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I witnessed a neighbor's cat in heat last year, and it literally sounded like she was being tortured to death. Not to mention she would sexually assault people (hump heels).

Were a human being displaying such behaviors, no doubt many Christians would say it's the devil or sins of the flesh.

I think simply we are mammals, so we are going to go through phases where we are sex-crazed and have very strong sexual passions, obsessions, and drive, and it has nothing to do with the devil or sins of the flesh.

It would be nice to not be tormented or frustrated sexually , and humans should have more control of themselves than other animals, but I think the Catholic Church teaching that masturbation is a deadly mortal sin, is simply not helpful, because mammals are naturally sex-crazed at times, and it's normal, so to make some of that tension go away through "sins of the flesh" sounds healthy to me, when not done excessively.

Also, I understand it has to do with cycling, but in your own words, why aren't male mammals ever referred to as being "in heat"?

Brian2

Veteran Member
Males are probably up for sex at any time and females only when on heat, hence the term 'on heat' for the females.
I can't see how cycling (riding a push bike) has anything to do with it.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Males continuously produce sperm and so are always sexually receptive.

Women do have a hormone induced oestrus when they are most fertile, like most other female mammals, though they tend not to be aware of it.

anna.

but mostly it's the same
Males continuously produce sperm and so are always sexually receptive.

Women do have a hormone induced oestrus when they are most fertile, like most other female mammals, though they tend not to be aware of it.

I think a lot of women are very aware of their cycles, even if they don't understand the biopsychology behind it. It's a good bet that if she's super "in the mood" she's at the fertile stage of her cycle. Although I don't know if being on birth control changes that.