• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are You in Favour of a Zardoz Remake?

Zardoz remake?

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Watched the original the other day and it was the first time I have seen it since it originally came out and enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm not a big fan of remakes with few exceptions but I think Zardoz is one film that deserves to be and there are many other films that have been remade sometimes several times over that probably didn't deserve it. A bigger budget for special effects but not straying too far from the script, I also think it should be cast with relatively unknown actors.

A Zardoz head drone would be fairly easy to make carving it from lightweight foam

Jedster

Watched the original the other day and it was the first time I have seen it since it originally came out and enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm not a big fan of remakes with few exceptions but I think Zardoz is one film that deserves to be and there are many other films that have been remade sometimes several times over that probably didn't deserve it. A bigger budget for special effects but not straying too far from the script, I also think it should be cast with relatively unknown actors.

A Zardoz head drone would be fairly easy to make carving it from lightweight foam

I saw it in 1974, though t it great, & don't think it should be redone.
However, I though the same about 'Total Recall' and really liked the remake.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Only tangential at best, but the first thing that comes to mind is that I wonder if Daniel Craig will want to be the lead actor.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm really not a fan of remakes. It bespeaks a lack of creativity on the part of writers and movie studios. My only exception would be a great idea poorly executed the first time. A remake that markedly improves a first time effort is OK in my book.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
If they incorporate some fresh satire in it, because it is easy to miss much of the satire in the original unless you are a classic SciFi movie fan.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
The only thing I remember from Zardoz was that I became temporarily blinded.
zardoz.jpg

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The movie was plain weird. I don't need to see another actor in a diaper.
Probably not. But you must agree that it is a very effective way of cleaning up the expectations of the public for actors that feel that they have been typecast.

Hey, Sean Connery hoped for that. And I would say that it worked.