• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you happy ?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Are you happy with your life the way it has been for you?
Are you happy in your daily life?

In life, there will always be some struggle, and we humans tend to have different goals and different views of what makes us happy. But do we do enough to reach the happiness we want in our life? Some people maybe say, just go along and take what life gives us. whereas other people would do everything in their own power to gain what they think will give happiness.

But what does actually make us happy?

My though have been for a long time, Do today what will make tomorrow a better day. And yes most of the time it has been so, there have been some bumps on the road :) But most of the time I do feel happy and content with my life and how it turned out to be.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, I am very happy overall. I am in my mid 50's and have had a lot of love in my life. I have contributed in my small way to human knowledge. I have thought about ideas most people have no way to start to think about. I have seen and experienced amazing beauty. And I am now able to travel and experience even more of what this world has to offer.

If I die tomorrow, I cannot complain. It has been a good life. Every new day is just another gift.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Pretty much, yes. There are problems, medical and governmental, the former we are endeavouring to overcome, the latter... I will tell you after October 31st... No doubt thats when the UK govt will tell everyone what they are doing about Brexit because they are saying nothing about such a major life and country changing action. At the moment its just a nightmare open to every imaginable horror that no one can plan for.

Gripe over.

Otherwise things have gone as i would have liked, i think i have done some good, and have done more than should have been possible, now i can live the dream i worked for. (20 years earlier than the original target)

I can ask for nothing more.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Yes, especially since I discovered that happiness is totally self-generated. Now joyous is a another matter..

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Are you happy with your life the way it has been for you?

Nope

Are you happy in your daily life?

Nope

In life, there will always be some struggle, and we humans tend to have different goals and different views of what makes us happy. But do we do enough to reach the happiness we want in our life? Some people maybe say, just go along and take what life gives us. whereas other people would do everything in their own power to gain what they think will give happiness.

But what does actually make us happy?

My though have been for a long time, Do today what will make tomorrow a better day. And yes most of the time it has been so, there have been some bumps on the road :) But most of the time I do feel happy and content with my life and how it turned out to be.

I actually do not think "Happy" is the goal. We are rarely, if ever, "Happy" 24/7. And, IMO, if "Happy" is the goal, you are doomed to constant striving and failure.

Balance and peace of mind however, are, IMO, achievable. There will always be problems, there will always be upset, angry, obstructive people. Learning how to deal with these, and not allowing them to derail you and maintaining balance and peace of mind, that to me is a much better goal than focusing on "Happiness"

And believe it or not, I'm not a Buddhist.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Nope

Nope

I actually do not think "Happy" is the goal. We are rarely, if ever, "Happy" 24/7. And, IMO, if "Happy" is the goal, you are doomed to constant striving and failure.

Balance and peace of mind however, are, IMO, achievable. There will always be problems, there will always be upset, angry, obstructive people. Learning how to deal with these, and not allowing them to derail you and maintaining balance and peace of mind, that to me is a much better goal than focusing on "Happiness"

Yes, peace in mind will give happiness even in difficult times :) this is the reason I wrote happiness instead of peace in mind.

We Never Know

No Slack
Nope

Nope

I agree happiness varies for everyone. Different things make different people happy. I rarely ask anyone if they are happy, I ask them if they are content. I myself am content in life. Anything else good that happens is a bonus.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Happy, happy, happy.
Especially when @Wu Wei sends me my monthly SS bennies.

BTO wrote taking care of business about you....didn't they...especially this line

"If you ever get annoyed, look at me I'm self-employed
I love to work at nothing all day"

Which actually DOES annoy me....deadbeat

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
BTO wrote taking care of business about you....didn't they...especially this line

"If you ever get annoyed, look at me I'm self-employed
I love to work at nothing all day"

Which actually DOES annoy me....deadbeat
99d26eb97835b8c824923248caf62736.jpg

One thing which mitigates me happiness though...
I still pay far more in taxes than I get in SS bennies.