• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you good at history?

Nimos

Here's a quiz, see how well you do!
Can We Guess Your Education Level Based On The History You Know?
U0U3K6ROAKUG76RR-cp5x0x1294x832-fit250x150x.img

WIKIPEDIA.ORG
Your Score: 87%
History PhD!
You know everything there is to know about history!

Always fun to answer questions, but the test is slightly weak and they should have removed the pictures as well, I don't have a PhD in history, so guess it can't figure it out correctly :D

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
100 percent...but all it shows is that I know a number of facts about history...but it doesn't test what one knows about the theories and methods used in history, such as describing the "Great Man" theory, or any of the competing models that have been developed...

Duke_Leto

That's a very easy test, at least for Americans. Tests like those are designed to make the people who take them feel proud, not to tell you anything useful.

Especially annoying are poorly written questions like "In what year did the Spanish Armada occur?". But when you have questions like "Who conquered England in 1066, the only time a foreign army has ever conquered Britain in the last 1000 years?" and the answers are "William the Conqueror" and "Steve the Mildly Competent," it's pretty obvious that the test isn't meant to score anyone badly.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
That's a very easy test, at least for Americans. Tests like those are designed to make the people who take them feel proud, not to tell you anything useful.

Especially annoying are poorly written questions like "In what year did the Spanish Armada occur?". But when you have questions like "Who conquered England in 1066, the only time a foreign army has ever conquered Britain in the last 1000 years?" and the answers are "William the Conqueror" and "Steve the Mildly Competent," it's pretty obvious that the test isn't meant to score anyone badly.
Yeah, “Steve the Mildly Competent” was silly.

Jedster

I agree. It was obviously for Americans.! :)

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member

you don't know how much I wanted to answer "Steve the Mildly Competent" on that question:D

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

It was large aimed at Americans, but clearly not written by one. I have never heard of a President being "eliminated" by anyone that was brought up speaking English. And I have noticed that on other simple feel good tests like this one. I wonder what country they are written in.