• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you flourishing?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings fellow earthlings!

I hope you have enjoyed your online time today.

Flourishing? It is not a hugely common word to apply to your state of mind.

I first found it in a book by Matthieu Ricard.

Then I discovered it as part of "positive psychology" - for example -

Back in the day, I had the pleasure of studying in a department graced by Dr. Martin Seligman, father of the thriving positive psychology movement — a potent antidote to the traditional “disease model” of psychology, which focuses on how to relieve suffering rather than how to amplify well-being. His seminal book, Authentic Happiness, was among the 7 essential books on the art and science of happiness, and today marks the release of his highly anticipated follow-up. Flourish: A Visionary New Understanding of Happiness and Well-being (public library) is rather radical departure from Seligman’s prior conception of happiness, which he now frames as overly simplistic and inferior to the higher ideal of lasting well-being.

Read more at this site -

Flourish: The Father of Positive Psychology Redefines Well-Being

Wishing you all the best!

:)