• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you electioned out ?

shmogie

It seems like yesterday that the election form hell for President was going on. An election that caused us to be continuously bombarded by lies and hyperbole from both sides. It seemed to go on forever.

Now almost two years before the next Presidential election, they are back.

Once again the screeching will continue to increase till it reaches itś crescendo at the next election.

As others have done, I propose that that the Constitution be amended so that the President serves one 6 year term,and cannot run again for President after that term.

This makes sense because :

Incumbents a high percentage of the time are re elected for a second term.

Since campaigning takes place two years before an election in the modern era, the President cannot spend his/her time fully doing the job for which they were elected.

A presidential campaign burns up an obscene amount of money, two of them makes the amount of money spent doubly obscene.

Finally, and most important to me, the strangle hold a Presidential election of continuous campaigning that seems to never stop could give us some peace for a few years before the circus once again begins.

Granted, when the likes of Hillary or Trump were elected, one half of the population would go rabidly insane as we see now, and six years might seem like an eternity.

However, what are the odds that both parties would nominate a totally unsuited candidate, and you have to hold your nose to vote for one or the other, as was the case in 2016 ?

Thoughts ?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I expect no let up in the vitriol from both sides.
Each will claim to be good & pure, while the other is evil incarnate.
And some deluded souls will actually believe it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It seems like yesterday that the election form hell for President was going on. An election that caused us to be continuously bombarded by lies and hyperbole from both sides. It seemed to go on forever.

Once again the screeching will continue to increase till it reaches itś crescendo at the next election.

As others have done, I propose that that the Constitution be amended so that the President serves one 6 year term,and cannot run again for President after that term.

Since campaigning takes place two years before an election in the modern era, the President cannot spend his/her time fully doing the job for which they were elected.

A presidential campaign burns up an obscene amount of money, two of them makes the amount of money spent doubly obscene.

Finally, and most important to me, the strangle hold a Presidential election of continuous campaigning that seems to never stop could give us some peace for a few years before the circus once again begins.

Granted, when the likes of Hillary or Trump were elected, one half of the population would go rabidly insane as we see now, and six years might seem like an eternity.

However, what are the odds that both parties would nominate a totally unsuited candidate, and you have to hold your nose to vote for one or the other, as was the case in 2016 ?

Thoughts ?
That's their official job now. Perpetual campaigning. Anything else is too hard for them.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I expect no let up in the vitriol from both sides.
Each will claim to be good & pure, while the other is evil incarnate.
And some deluded souls will actually believe it.

It is objectively determined tRump is evil incarnate. The rest are just petty evil.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Thoughts ?

You are apparently very naive and unaware of the history of politics and election in the USA.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
It's only going to get worse until 2020, then with another Trump victory we shall hear once again the wailing and gnashing of teeth, his enemies clawing and tearing at their own skins in agonized fits of insanity and dementia.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
It's only going to get worse until 2020, then with another Trump victory we shall hear once again the wailing and gnashing of teeth, his enemies clawing and tearing at their own skins in agonized fits of insanity and dementia.

Woo Hoo!

Ellen Brown

Inshallah, I will not live to see that.