• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are You Divine?

Onyx

Premium Member
Are you a divine being?*

*Disclaimer/Legal Boilerplate:
By your very ability to answer the question I would argue yes. I think people are a whole lot more than they sometimes give themselves credit for. Let us appreciate our individuality regardless of beliefs, and try to work together to accomplish our respective goals. We have all been granted the incredible gift of consciousness and our own will, with the inherent trust that we can be responsible in our explorations of this wonderful universe. Xeper.

Last edited:

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Are you a divine being?*

By your very ability to answer the question I would argue yes. I think people are a whole lot more than they sometimes give themselves credit for. Let us appreciate our individuality regardless of beliefs, and try to work together to accomplish our respective goals. We have all been granted the incredible gift of consciousness and our own will, with the inherent trust that we can be responsible in our explorations of this wonderful universe. Xeper.

Define "divinity."

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Are you a divine being?*

Yea, I'm kinda with @1137 with that, divinity is a relatively meaningless word. Moreover, even if something is divine that doesn't make it useful. :D

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Are you a divine being?*

Only in the 'gee, that fella is divinely charming' sense. Much like I'm gay, but only in the 'what's he happy about?' sense.

You're setting the bar on 'divine' a little lower than I would, but I get your point.

arthra

Baha'i
Are you a divine being?*

Thanks for the interesting thread Onyx...

I agree "people are a whole lot more than they sometimes give themselves credit"....and with your statement

"Let us appreciate our individuality regardless of beliefs and try to work together to accomplish our respective goals".

While we are more than we often give ourselves credit for I would say we have the capability to reflect some of the Divine attributes of God.. just as a lake or a mirror can reflect the sun. We are not however the sun. God loves us and created us and we have souls that capable of advancement but we are not Divine... we are not God. We have the capability to draw near to God and humble our selves before Him.

Have a lovely day!

- Art

Onyx

Premium Member
Thanks for the interesting thread Onyx...

I agree "people are a whole lot more than they sometimes give themselves credit"....and with your statement

"Let us appreciate our individuality regardless of beliefs and try to work together to accomplish our respective goals".

While we are more than we often give ourselves credit for I would say we have the capability to reflect some of the Divine attributes of God.. just as a lake or a mirror can reflect the sun. We are not however the sun. God loves us and created us and we have souls that capable of advancement but we are not Divine... we are not God. We have the capability to draw near to God and humble our selves before Him.

Have a lovely day!

- Art
Thanks for the thoughtful response.

Papoon

Divine, mundane, ignorant, enlightened, loving, selfish, pragmatic, certain, bewildered...

"Do I contradict myself ? Very well then, I contradict myself. I am large. I contain multitudes"
- Walt Whitman, 'Song of myself'