• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you considered a NERD?

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Usually on forums where intelligent debate goes on, I find that a lot of the members have little/no interest sports, partying, or physical activity. They are considered nerds because everything is just about intelligence and nothing else. So are you a nerd?
I'm a semi nerd, but I'm very physically active (being a Fitness Trainer) and love almost all sports.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Usually on forums where intelligent debate goes on, I find that a lot of the members have little/no interest sports, partying, or physical activity. They are considered nerds because everything is just about intelligence and nothing else. So are you a nerd?
I'm a semi nerd, but I'm very physically active (being a Fitness Trainer) and love almost all sports.

I was once thought of as a nerd when I was younger, but that changed after I stopped being ashamed of my sexual urges. Now I tend to be called something else.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I think I am a nerd. I like Star Trek and Star Wars (although I don't dress up in any costumes), I love RPGs (like several Final Fantasy games) and strategy games (Heroes of Might and Magic and Age of Empires), I read a lot of books, and I listen to oldies music. But even if I am a nerd, I know I am not a geek and I don't think that being a nerd is anything to be embarrassed about.
I power-walk, too. It has been helpful in my weight loss.

Sententia

I am a geek but usually mistaken as a jock these days. (Someone even invited me to a superbowl party and I was like Whoah really? The Pittsburgh Packers are playing the Green Bay Steelers? Remember that game in 89 that went to sudden death and the packer forward threw a 3 pointer for the 4th down and crowd went just crazy and then on the 4th there was that interception and then just BAM... Grand slam? That was awesome.)

Then I said just kidding. Why so serious? I'm not much of a football fan but if you want to stop by and watch the SC2 GSL finals I got the VODs ready... TvT but meh... What else would you expect?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I enjoy "nerdy" things, but I also enjoy partying. Sports tend to bore me to tears unless it's something like UFC. As far as being physically active my job requires that I be.

Last edited:

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm a little bit geeky. Even in highschool I spent part of my time with my 'cooler' friends and the other part of my time with the geek crew in the computer rooms. I'm a book worm and I like video and PC games.

On the other hand, I don't look nerdy- I love hanging at the beach and I'm a latin dancer (been doing it almost 7 years). I'm girly enough that I love clothes shopping and getting my hair done etc.

So yeh, somewhere in between geeky and cool.

lunamoth

Will to love
I am a nerd, or more like a geek, but I also like to watch football, play golf, bike and hike, and am fairly active. Most people would probably put me in the 'sporty cute' category. :D

Levite

Higher and Higher
Definitely a geek, although I have been known to watch baseball, and I enjoy fighting with a broadsword; and I love parties, as long as they're chill. No fast dance music and people getting wound up on anything speedy, strictly rock and roll or fusion trance, and people sparking up da kine pakalolo.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
There's a term for nerds who are interested in partying (or at least drinking): engineers. :D

I have interest in sports, but mainly in auto racing, which is suitable for nerds because of the amount of technology involved. I also have interest in physical activity, but mainly in iaido, which is pretty nerdy as far as martial arts go.

So... yes. I'm a nerd. Or a geek. I'm not picky about labels.

Dezzie

I am a major nerd. lol I love playing video games... World of Warcraft mostly (no worries though! I go to the gym everyday after work! :yes:).

I also:

Love to read (about Religion, Human Anatomy, and Ancient History).
Love black and white films (Vincent Price is one of my favorite actors :D).
Love oldies music (preferally the 40's).
Listen to Beethoven and Bach.

Did I mention I am a Cryptologic Technician? :p

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Love oldies music (preferally the 40's).
I've got a CD set that you'd probably like: a collection of propaganda-ish recordings by Glenn Miller and the Army Air Force band of happy dance music. They were recorded to be broadcast into Germany and the occupied territories to try to give the Nazis the impression that the Allies were having a wonderful time.

Dezzie

I've got a CD set that you'd probably like: a collection of propaganda-ish recordings by Glenn Miller and the Army Air Force band of happy dance music. They were recorded to be broadcast into Germany and the occupied territories to try to give the Nazis the impression that the Allies were having a wonderful time.

Is this it: Amazon.com: Glenn Miller And The Army Air Force Band: Rare Broadcast Performances From 1943-1944: Glenn Miller: Music

That might be kind of neat to have actually. :D