• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you certain that God exists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Darkdale said:
I'm sorry, but I find your attitude annoying. It's not surprising that people don't take you seriously, because you refuse to have an intellectual debate and you openly despise intellect and reason. You should have the courage to be secure in your own beliefs without mocking the beliefs of others. If you are going to present your faith as truth, be prepared for others to question it and then treat their questions with respect, knowing that they as well as you have their own experience and faith which, like you, they must operate from.
It isn't easy, sitting in a theist's chair; my Faith is just that - a 'faith'; I am secure in my beliefs, but obviously can never be able to 'prove' that my Faith is a legitimate one. At least I am lucky enough to believe 'each one to his own', but that doesn't help me in intellectual discussions with others; the theist and the non-theists talk different languages.

Radar

michel said:
It isn't easy, sitting in a theist's chair; my Faith is just that - a 'faith'; I am secure in my beliefs, but obviously can never be able to 'prove' that my Faith is a legitimate one. At least I am lucky enough to believe 'each one to his own', but that doesn't help me in intellectual discussions with others; the theist and the non-theists talk different languages.
Are you justifying AV1611?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Radar said:
Are you justifying AV1611?
I am justifying no one; I am trying to make the point that to prove a Faith (in my case Christianity) is an impossibility. I will not comment on our fellow member; what he thinks is up to him and his conscience.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
michel said:
I am justifying no one; I am trying to make the point that to prove a Faith (in my case Christianity) is an impossibility. I will not comment on our fellow member; what he thinks is up to him and his conscience.
It's best to just quote Scripture, Michel, and let God fend for Himself. He said His word won't return void, and, of course, He's coming back in Person to take care of business.

Fade

The Great Master Bates
AV1611 said:
It's best to just quote Scripture, Michel, and let God fend for Himself. He said His word won't return void, and, of course, He's coming back in Person to take care of business.
Yes, if you take the bible literally you would realise that he broke his promise. He was meant to return soon, yet here we are 2000 odd years later.

Fascist Christ

AV1611 said:
It's best to just quote Scripture, Michel, and let God fend for Himself.
He did a good job. Quoting scriptures do nothing for those who don't believe in it.

AV1611 said:
He said His word won't return void, and, of course, He's coming back in Person to take care of business.
This I don't understand. What business could god have to take care of? What possible reason could there be for god to come in person to do anything?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Fade said:
Yes, if you take the bible literally you would realise that he broke his promise. He was meant to return soon, yet here we are 2000 odd years later.
And just where would that be in the Bible, Fade?

Although, I'm sure you'll find it in one of those per-versions.

Radar

AV1611 said:
Then why are you so angry and disrespectful? Don't worry about abortion. If there is a Christian god and if he returns let him be the judge of what is or is not a sin. Your job as a Christian is to worship god, to love thy neighbor, to judge not least ye be judged yourself. It is not to torment or persecute others. It is not to bomb clinics. Why don't you love that person and try to help them through their grief. Do you understand what I am saying? But you seem to be full of hate and rage. You should strive to be more Christ like or find another religion.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Fascist Christ said:
He did a good job. Quoting scriptures do nothing for those who don't believe in it.
Wrong there. That's why God calls His word, "quick and powerful" in Hebrews 4:12.

This I don't understand. What business could god have to take care of? What possible reason could there be for god to come in person to do anything?
Did you read my post on the reasons Daniel gave for the Tribulation? --- Daniel 9:24

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
**************************MOD POST*******************************​

Sorry Guys, things have got a bit out of hand on this one; nerves are frayed, and half the content is off topic. The thread is closed, and please can we all TRY to be civil , in future?

Status
Not open for further replies.