• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you bias

Are you bias

• yes

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • no

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • maybe

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
But I have read many hundreds of your posts, and I find that while you like to give us your "truth," you rarely bother explaining why you think as you do. In my experience, that is what happens when people recount what they've been taught, or are biased towards, but have not thought about much at all.
On the contrary I have spend thosands of hours thinking about my faith in detail. I work alone so I have plenty of time to think.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
You can't stop, can you? I find it hard to understand, since hatred seems to rule so much of your dialogue

It’s almost comparable to you being unable to stop yourself from producing hundreds of threads about Republicans. I find it hard to understand your topics, since hatred seems to rule so much of your dialogue.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
It’s almost comparable to you being unable to stop yourself from producing hundreds of threads about Republicans. I find it hard to understand your topics, since hatred seems to rule so much of your dialogue.
The threads I post are about people doing quite irrational things, or people with power and responsibility doing totally evil things. If these turn out to be largely extreme Republicans, that's hardly my fault.

It is irrational, for example, in the face of a year and a half worth of deep investigation proving otherwise, to believe that the 2020 election was totally rigged. I can't help it that the people who believe that are Republicans.

It is totally evil to mis-use your office, as Mitch McConnell, with the aid and support of his Senate Caucus, to not permit a hearing for Obama's appointment to SCOTUS for nearly 11 months (and to bring forward that hearing was HIS JOB, HIS SWORN DUTY), and to push through the same for Trump's, with only days to go before the election -- because he feared Trump might lose. This was evil, and I can't help that it was perpetrated by Republicans.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
The threads I post are about people doing quite irrational things, or people with power and responsibility doing totally evil things. If these turn out to be largely extreme Republicans, that's hardly my fault.

It is irrational, for example, in the face of a year and a half worth of deep investigation proving otherwise, to believe that the 2020 election was totally rigged. I can't help it that the people who believe that are Republicans.

It is totally evil to mis-use your office, as Mitch McConnell, with the aid and support of his Senate Caucus, to not permit a hearing for Obama's appointment to SCOTUS for nearly 11 months (and to bring forward that hearing was HIS JOB, HIS SWORN DUTY), and to push through the same for Trump's, with only days to go before the election -- because he feared Trump might lose. This was evil, and I can't help that it was perpetrated by Republicans.

You are obsessed.

Be it politics(a party), science, religion, etc..Are you biased? Do you let being bias cloud your view?

All humans are significantly biased on all kinds of issues.

Bias increases exponentially on any issue we have an emotional stake in, and it certainly clouds our views.

Humans didn't evolve top be rational arbiters of objective truth, and our biases often serve (or served) an evolutionary purpose.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
You are obsessed.
I am a big fan of good government, and someone who would like to see the western way of life continue, and improve -- at least while I'm in it. Therefore, I take an interest in those who seek public office, and in what use they make of it.

In a democracy, you ignore those things at your peril.

That is not obsession. It is involvement.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

It is totally evil to misuse your office, as Mitch McConnell, with the aid and support of his Senate Caucus, to not permit a hearing for Obama's appointment to SCOTUS for nearly 11 months (and to bring forward that hearing was HIS JOB, HIS SWORN DUTY), and to push through the same for Trump's, with only days to go before the election -- because he feared Trump might lose. This was evil, and I can't help that it was perpetrated by Republicans.

You are obsessed.
But instead of just judging me "obsessed," why don't you tell me what you think I said that was incorrect, or not worthy of consideration? And why?

Wouldn't that be the more correct thing to do, in a "General Debates" forum?

See, I've posted these thoughts many times, and I have learned something interesting -- those thoughts are a fabulous way to stop a thread from progressing, because nobody wants to try and address them. They'd rather abandon the thread, perhaps with a slight grumpy remark, as you did, than try to demonstrate why those things are right and just.