• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you beyond consciousness?

Onkara

Having come to recognise consciousness, do you have any leads on there being something beyond consciousness?

Also I feel we could expand on other non-dual ideas here if your "I" still appears to have that desire.

Are not all ideas the same thing essentially?

Last edited:

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Onkarah,

Having come to recognise consciousness, do you have any leads on there being something beyond consciousness?

Am directing the question to all buddhas as they have traveled beyond if such a place exists.
Also I feel we could expand on other non-dual ideas here if your "I" still appears to have that desire.

Ideas are not restricted by any barriers; they are always free to express themselves.

Ofcourse, they are like everything else; just a *thought*

Love & rgds

Onkara

Friend Onkarah,
Am directing the question to all buddhas as they have traveled beyond if such a place exists.
Ideas are not restricted by any barriers; they are always free to express themselves.
Ofcourse, they are like everything else; just a *thought*
Love & rgds
Yes, am using consciousness to question itself.

Why does the question need to be expressed? That too is surely an apperance in the void.

What is the difference between thoughts expressed and thoughts "witheld"?

Thank you for the reply :)

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Onkarah,

The void asks: once I am known, can I be forgotten?

Void cannot ask as it is a presence!
It surely is your mind lingering and creating an illusion that it is the void that is asking.
Love & rgds

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Onkarah,

The response to the description of Brahman is still awaited.
Can you explain from your understanding what it means; does it mean VOID or not.
This is a crucial question.
Also if there is any NIRAKAR anywhere in sanatan dharma.
Await response.
Love & rgds

Onkara

Hello Zenzero Ji
Brahman is the undescribable consciousness. Words likes "consciousness" only point to it. It can be described as a void or nothingness because everything experienced appears to exist apart from it.

However thoughts and object appear in it, there is no seperation from it. When my mind came to know being, then there was experience with a sensation of bliss or unconditional love for You. No divides. When thoughts cease there is silence in being. Thoughts exist not seperate from Brahman, they are as much brahman as the eyes you use to read this and the void where our descriptions fails to reach.

So what is Void. The void is that from which all appears. The void is not knowable nor non-knowable. It can also be called Brahman or God. These are mere lables to help the mind to follow the pointers. Once the void is know then there remain only that which is.

There is nothing seperate from the void. The void contains all and yet is nothing. There can arise a sensation of limitation. The void can be described as: ex hihilo nihil fit.

The problem is that labels exist to point the mind to find the Truth. Call that truth Brahman or the cognising emptiness or the Void. I do not care for names now that I know IT. When the knowing stops so will the body. I whilst awake, have no fear in Knowing That.

Please be clear on one thing my friend, I have no problem with IT being describe as Void or Nothing or Krisha, Brahman or Tao, God etc. It is useful to the searcher to use the same language until language no longer serves him/her. Please explain why you have a problem with this, I ask as I don't know why?

PS: Nirakar is an acoustic trio which blends traditional melodies of North Indian Classical Music with contemporary Jazz and Latin grooves.

Respectfully, Onkarah.

Onkara

Friend Onkarah,

Void cannot ask as it is a presence!
It surely is your mind lingering and creating an illusion that it is the void that is asking.
Love & rgds
Thank you Zenzero, I have no doubt you see clearly.

May I ask YOU:

Are there others who require help in seeing this Truth? If so why?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Onkarah,

May I ask YOU:

Are there others who require help in seeing this Truth? If so why?

Am sorry as you are aware that am in search of that *I* and so that *I* can not respond.
But what is understood is that since there is no *OTHER* as everything is *UNITY* at most going towards that *void* the question itself is based on a false premise [of others] and stands null & void.
Love & rgds

Onkara

But what is understood is that since there is no *OTHER* as everything is *UNITY* at most going towards that *void* the question itself is based on a false premise [of others] and stands null & void.
Love & rgds
This is agreed, the false premise is the assumption of a second "other". There is no other to help or other which needs help. Everything is perfect...

However doing and helping appears to be done. Why?

It surely is your mind lingering and creating an illusion that their is something to help.

Last edited:

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Onkarah,

You have again used the word*your*.
Still in serach of *him*
Rgds helping or anything
Read the story of the 10 bulls and you should understand what it is:
ZEN

Love & rgds

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

Actually, there is quite a bit "beyond consciousness" the only difficulty is that by its very definition, "you" will never be aware of it. :flirt:

It's akin to chasing an ever-receding shadow.

Onkara

Actually, there is quite a bit "beyond consciousness" the only difficulty is that by its very definition, "you" will never be aware of it. :flirt:

It's akin to chasing an ever-receding shadow.
Thank you YmirGF. This is a good answer! :)

You have again used the word*your*.
Still in serach of *him*
Rgds helping or anything
Read the story of the 10 bulls and you should understand what it is:
ZEN
Thanks to you also Zenzero
Words are indeed a limitation with which we must work. Thank you for your answers and the link to a good story :)

Kind reagards to both
Onkarah.

wmjbyatt

Lunatic from birth

Sure. Consciousnesslessness. If monism resolves the essential, fictitious duality, than nullism (invented word?) resolves the final myth of consciousness, dontcha think?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend wmjbyatt,

Sure. Consciousnesslessness. If monism resolves the essential, fictitious duality, than nullism (invented word?) resolves the final myth of consciousness, dontcha think?

The last two words limits the whole statement simply because religion is all about stilling the mind [thoughts] and if one is using thoughts still the gap appears large.
i.e. *still using thoughts* and *stilling the thoughts*.

Love & rgds

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
I'm thinking that you could never be anything other than yourself completely.

Some people are fake. Some people will never understand themselves or make their own ideas. They will go through life riding on the back of someones else's coat tail, who is riding on someone else's, etc.

As far as being beyond consciousness....

Where in the heck did those shrooms I had go?

...... be back in a sec and I can tell you yay-yeah! :cool: