• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you an R/PC?

Jeremiah Ames

So many pseudo-Christians support the Republican party. AKA, the party of evil. (Which only came about when the party platform became one of being AGAINST people)

How do the pseudo-Christians justify this support?

I submit, it is only on the basis of what the party is AGAINST. This would indicate that Pseudo-Christians find it much easier to be AGAINST people, than for people.

What are they against?

Poor people, sick people, old people. Pretty much anyone who can no longer be a corporate slave.

What else are they against?

Abortion and homosexuals.

Yet, these two alleged ‘sins’ cannot be found anywhere when reading the bible correctly. Only by selecting specific, very limited verses, and massaging them to fit with their own false ideas.

I don’t like to bring Jesus into the narrative, but we’re talking about pseudo-Christians here. Christian is defined as a person who says they ‘believe’ in Jesus. Yet, the very actions of the psuedo-Christians show that they have no idea what Jesus asks of them.

Lets look at: Matthew 25:34-36: 34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

The Republican/Pseudo-Christian cartel uses terms like ‘tax and spend’ to make it appear that somehow doing just that is wrong. Yet, does that not completely fit with what Jesus says, not only in Matthew above, but everywhere? Spending on programs to feed the hungry, give medical care to the sick, etc. would fit right into what Jesus asks of his followers. Yet, the R/PC cartel wants you to think that is wrong. Instead, they promote what can be called ‘cut and kill’ programs. Lets cut medicaid. Let’s cut medicare. Let’s cut social security. Let’s cut any program that actually helps the needy, sick, or hungry. And when people actually DIE from these insane ideas, they don’t think about that. I’d like a member of the R/PC to explain to me how you justify your decisions through your reading of your bible?

The R/PC cartel also promotes a gigantic death machine, known as the US military. I’d like a member of the R/PC to explain to me how that fits into your understanding of your bible?

It’s so easy to see what you people are against. We here that constantly.

So, my last question for the R/PC:

What are you for?

Edit:
I wanted to add this other verse:
1 Corinthians 13:2 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Earthling

David Henson

Yet, these two alleged ‘sins’ cannot be found anywhere when reading the bible correctly. Only by selecting specific, very limited verses, and massaging them to fit with their own false ideas.

What are you for?

First of all the Bible is most definitely against homosexuality and abortion, and secondly Jesus was no part of the world and told his followers to be of the same mind. So the Pseudo Christians include people who think that abortion and homosexuality are okay with Jesus and they include Democrats as well as any other political party.

Jeremiah Ames

First of all the Bible is most definitely against homosexuality and abortion, and secondly Jesus was no part of the world and told his followers to be of the same mind. So the Pseudo Christians include people who think that abortion and homosexuality are okay with Jesus and they include Democrats as well as any other political party.

Thanks for not reading or understanding anything I wrote, except the part where I infringed on YOUR personal falsities.

If you could see beyond yourself you could possibly grasp the heart of the op.

Earthling

David Henson
Thanks for not reading or understanding anything I wrote, except the part where I infringed on YOUR personal falsities.

If you could see beyond yourself you could possibly grasp the heart of the op.

Partisan politics? Nationalism which in the Bible is associated with Satan? Polemic potification?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Wait...
You claim that yoheshua is just a man, great, then you claim it supersedes the Tanach, which disagrees with your statements...
Make up your mind already, did David call Jesus Lord, or not?

contradiction...
Obfuscation...

Earthling

David Henson
Wait...
You claim that yoheshua is just a man, great, then you claim it supersedes the Tanach, which disagrees with your statements...
Make up your mind already, did David call Jesus Lord, or not?

contradiction...
Obfuscation...

Still obsessed with the word, Lord, huh? Lord and God are terms of respect, both of which are used in application to Jesus, Jehovah, and men, like David himself.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Still obsessed with the word, Lord, huh? Lord and God are terms of respect, both of which are used in application to Jesus, Jehovah, and men, like David himself.
No, not at all, this is a matter of contradiction concerning what you consider authoritative. Leave out the David calling Jesus, Lord, part, if you want, however if yoheshua is just a man, how does it supercede the Tanach? Just arguments of convenience.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Where in the bible is abortion mentioned?
Anyways we do oppose abortion but do not see outlawing it as always appropriate. Its no reason to call us pseudo Christians. In fact until Falwell started lying to Christians about it, most generally understood it didn't need to be made a criminal act. I think its not in the Bible specifically because its supposed to be handled through different channels than criminal ones....but we 'Pseudo Christians' can't be trusted in these matters. Instead the super apostles are the only people to be heard.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
So many pseudo-Christians support the Republican party. AKA, the party of evil. (Which only came about when the party platform became one of being AGAINST people)

I submit, it is only on the basis of what the party is AGAINST. This would indicate that Pseudo-Christians find it much easier to be AGAINST people, than for people.

What are they against?

Poor people, sick people, old people. Pretty much anyone who can no longer be a corporate slave.

I don’t like to bring Jesus into the narrative, but we’re talking about pseudo-Christians here. Christian is defined as a person who says they ‘believe’ in Jesus. Yet, the very actions of the psuedo-Christians show that they have no idea what Jesus asks of them.

Lets look at: Matthew 25:34-36: 34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

The Republican/Pseudo-Christian cartel uses terms like ‘tax and spend’ to make it appear that somehow doing just that is wrong. Yet, does that not completely fit with what Jesus says, not only in Matthew above, but everywhere? Spending on programs to feed the hungry, give medical care to the sick, etc. would fit right into what Jesus asks of his followers. Yet, the R/PC cartel wants you to think that is wrong. Instead, they promote what can be called ‘cut and kill’ programs. Lets cut medicaid. Let’s cut medicare. Let’s cut social security. Let’s cut any program that actually helps the needy, sick, or hungry. And when people actually DIE from these insane ideas, they don’t think about that. I’d like a member of the R/PC to explain to me how you justify your decisions through your reading of your bible?

The R/PC cartel also promotes a gigantic death machine, known as the US military. I’d like a member of the R/PC to explain to me how that fits into your understanding of your bible?

What are you for?

Edit:
1 Corinthians 13:2 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
IMO, any Christian who votes, belongs to a political party, or otherwise tries to have a say in government has already rejected Jesus's teachings.

Earthling

David Henson
No, not at all, this is a matter of contradiction concerning what you consider authoritative. Leave out the David calling Jesus, Lord, part, if you want, however if yoheshua is just a man, how does it supercede the Tanach? Just arguments of convenience.

What about the Tanach?! Jesus was born and he died. These are things men do. If you have some confusion about Jesus being Lord or God these are words. They mean mighty and having authority. They don't mean supernatural creator of the universe.

Before Jesus came to Earth he was Michael, who is the archangel, created by Jehovah and Jehovah's master worker in the creation of everything that followed Michael's creation. Heaven, the heavens, the universe, Earth and mankind etc.

Jesus was a god and a lord. So were lot's of men. Moses, the Judges of Israel.

Last edited:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
That is correct. I'm a non practicing homosexual.
Well, then, you have my utmost respect, with this! Jehovah will continue to help you. Please come to Jehovah’s people! Wish I could help you, somehow. You help me, right now!

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
There is a lot in the Bible that would indicate that abortion was OK. Jesus did not seem particularly concerned about abortion from what I have read.

danieldemol

Premium Member
IMO, any Christian who votes, belongs to a political party, or otherwise tries to have a say in government has already rejected Jesus's teachings.
If you see that Jesus was human as the rest of us and don’t deify Him then rejecting the part of His teachings which are not applicable to our time and place is not such a big deal.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member

What are they against?

What are you for?

Edit:
I have some trouble with the idea of classifying these people as pseudo-Christian. Since I cannot tell a Christian from someone who is pretending to be Christian--for whatever strange reason--how can you tell them from Christians that are very sinful and flawed? How do you know a person is not a real Christian--is a pseduo-Christian--and not just a Christian that is ignorant and succumbed to sin?

Generally, I do not disagree with the rest of your summary. There is a lot of the Republican party that has been taken over by a type of Christian that holds up much that is not very Christian in my opinion.