• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you an atheist? if so, What is your POV about God?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It has everything to do with atheism, if you had proof, atheism wouldn't exist.
Atheism has nothing to do with "proof" in any scientific sense. It's a lot more basic than that. It does have to do with proof however. Just not scientific proof.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
So, I walk a room full of people. The air is tight and everyone's conversation prickles my ears. Someone grabs my arm lightly to invite me to sit down with them at their table of four.

Then I felt the table rattle. I shifted my glance where the atmosphere was most dense. My friends say they are watching the football game. I reached for a glass of water someone handed me. They move aside. Someone I recognized by touch shifted my chair before I could.

Then they ask, "which team are you rooting for?"

I shrugged my shoulders, uncomfortable.

"Why shrug your shoulders!" One friend exclaimed. "Red skins are pulling it off this season. Don't you watch football?"

I sat in silence.

Another friend turned to me. Her breathe stung my nose. "Didn't you hear the Dallas scores yesterday on the radio?"

Still silence.

My best friend came to me, held up my hand, and started moving her palm within my palm. She made gestures and slid the side of her palm across my skin.

I answered both questions. "No." Then hesitated. "How could I believe that the Red Skins and Dallas did anything when I can't see and hear?"

If seeing and hearing isn't part of her reality, than anything that has to do with those things do not exist. She doesn't believe it doesn't exist. In her view, she knows this. She is an atheist because of what she knows doesn't exist.

Once you put belief in there, it sounds agnostic. She can't disbelieve in something she doesn't believe exists to begin with. She knows these things don't exist so belief is irrelevant.

Last edited:

Sonofason

Is atheism about belief?
The atheist claims it is not about belief, but it is about belief. They believe there is no God. They claim to lack a belief in God. Yet they will vehemently oppose the existence of God despite the fact that they have absolutely no evidence showing that there is no God

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It's not an issue of "strong vs. weak," it's just an issue of the English language.
... which happens to have the two concepts to clarify the distinction mentioned in the OP, so what do you mean?

Last edited: