• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you a Satanist?

ScottySatan

Some people come to Satanism because they read the Satanic Bible and instantly recognise themselves in it. Some others take time to exampine themselves. The former is far more common. On the other hand, most people that say they're Satanists are not Satanists at all.

If you read the Satanic Bible, identify with everything it says, and it makes you feel good. Don't rush outside naked shouting "eureka!". Don't go around asking people "Am I a Satanist?". Because you still don't know.

Make sure it's not just a natural human affinity for the exotic. Read a second book. Read a book of an opposite religion. Have conversations with Satanists. Wait a year. Wait until you're 21. Get to know yourself. People are extremely good at deluding themselves.

This is true for every religion, but the consequences of mislabeling yourself a Satanist can be severe. A non-Satanist living as a Satanist will become very depressed. Also, some Satanists tired of seeing this in their territory like to make the endless stream of "wannabes" suffer.

There's a movie from the 80's with a great parable in it. A younger bull and an older bull are standing on a hill, looking down at a field of cows. The younger bull says "Hey dad, let's run down there and screw one of those cows!". The older bull replied "No son, let's walk down there... and screw them all".

Last edited:

Orias

Left Hand Path
A younger cow and an older cow are standing on a hill, looking down at a field of cows. The younger bull says "Hey dad, let's run down there and screw one of those cows!". The older bull replied "No son, let's walk down there... and screw them all".

This made me laugh.

But I concur with your statement about reflecting upon oneself.

In the 6th grade I started calling myself a Satanist our pure ignorance as to what it was as well as to what Christianity really was. So mainly, I guess you could say it was for attention.

But later on in the 8th grade my cousin seemed to have peaked an interest in Satanism, no longer content with being an atheist (mind you, when I was in 8th grade, my cousin was a Sophomore in high school).

At that age I had yet to really find meaning in such philosophies and viewing the world. But throughout my childhood, he was always there and was someone I looked up too, so I kinda just charged head first into what he brought forth.

But who knows...I may have the worst of it yet to smash through.

ScottySatan

It doesn't mean you can't call yourself a Satanist before you're 21. Most people who stick with Satanism past 21 will have known they were a Satanist before then. But even then, others wouldn't have taken the young man's label seriously.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Good thread ScottySatan. Since I have told my own personal story numerous times I will only say this - I ventured into the realm of the unknown/Darkness at the age of seven and began to explore it further at the age of nine via ghosts and the "paranormal" just out of natural curiosity. However, it wasn't until I was 14 & 1/2 years old that I actually realized that I was indeed a Satanist. I didn't read the "Satanic Bible" until I was 16-years old which further validated my own Satanic nature. It was when I was around 18-years old that I began to explore the Temple of Set and eventually Became a Setian (21 years ago) and have been ever since and will always Be. In some ways though I do still consider myself as a Satanist, but primarily I prefer the term Left-Hand Path Magician.

For ever in the Black Flame!

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I should also point out again here, that when I was around 19-years old after 2 years of exploring other realms of Magic other than that of LeVayan Satanism that I performed my first ritual invocation to Set which resulted in a complete Magical paradigm shift in my Life.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Some people come to Satanism because they read the Satanic Bible and instantly recognise themselves in it. Some others take time to exampine themselves. The former is far more common. On the other hand, most people that say they're Satanists are not Satanists at all.

If you read the Satanic Bible, identify with everything it says, and it makes you feel good. Don't rush outside naked shouting "eureka!". Don't go around asking people "Am I a Satanist?". Because you still don't know.

Make sure it's not just a natural human affinity for the exotic. Read a second book. Read a book of an opposite religion. Have conversations with Satanists. Wait a year. Wait until you're 21. Get to know yourself. People are extremely good at deluding themselves.

This is true for every religion, but the consequences of mislabeling yourself a Satanist can be severe. A non-Satanist living as a Satanist will become very depressed. Also, some Satanists tired of seeing this in their territory like to make the endless stream of "wannabes" suffer.

There's a movie from the 80's with a great parable in it. A younger bull and an older bull are standing on a hill, looking down at a field of cows. The younger bull says "Hey dad, let's run down there and screw one of those cows!". The older bull replied "No son, let's walk down there... and screw them all".

I agree, with waiting to see, joining with only half knowledge of it will be like eating a food without fully knowing what it is yet.

But, as of what I think right now, I generally pull Satanism out of Nihilism. Or at least what I think it is ;)

Orias

Left Hand Path
Good thread ScottySatan. Since I have told my own personal story numerous times I will only say this - I ventured into the realm of the unknown/Darkness at the age of seven and began to explore it further at the age of nine via ghosts and the "paranormal" just out of natural curiosity. However, it wasn't until I was 14 & 1/2 years old that I actually realized that I was indeed a Satanist. I didn't read the "Satanic Bible" until I was 16-years old which further validated my own Satanic nature. It was when I was around 18-years old that I began to explore the Temple of Set and eventually Became a Setian (21 years ago) and have been ever since and will always Be. In some ways though I do still consider myself as a Satanist, but primarily I prefer the term Left-Hand Path Magician.

For ever in the Black Flame!

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

This still reminds me of me, in a way, though I was more ignorant to what it was. I remember writing letters to Satan and tucking them under my bed in middle school. I wasn't very apprehensive of things as a child, I was just certain about things in the moment, unlike things today (strange?).

In the end I can say what both you and I have said before, I know that I know nothing.

(now that I think about it, there is some explicatory meaning behind that other than "nothing" being what it is)

Best regards and Xeper,

Orias

Drax

Independent

I will never forget the day I went out to purchase a copy of The Satanic Bible by Anton Szandor LaVey. I took it home and read it through in one sitting. I then found myself so disgusted that I began ripping it to shreds. Once I had finished my destructive act, I placed the thing on an aluminum plate and lit it on fire.

Am I a Satanist? Yeah! I am a Satanist!