• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you a Ron Paul supporter without even knowing it?

Trassin

In my campaigning around the local area for Congressman Ron Paul’s presidential bid again and again I‘ve heard the question, “Who is Ron Paul?”

The thing that always strikes me about this question is that many of these people are already Ron Paul supporters without even knowing it. How could this be you may ask? It’s very simple; Do you believe that your local community has a better understanding of what is important to it than bureaucrats in Washington? Are our inalienable rights granted to us as individuals, not as groups?

Should the United States Government worry about the bridges that span the Mississippi before they worry about the ones across the Tigris in Iraq? Is it wrong that the IRS can knock down your front door and demand proof that you didn’t cheat them? Should our southern border be protected from people just strolling across it? Is it your responsibility to raise your children, not the federal governments? Do you think a doctor could better cure what ails this country than a lawyer?

If you said yes to even half of the questions listed above than you are a Ron Paul supporter without even knowing it. If you want to learn some more go to RonPaul2008.com or ronpaul.meetup.com

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
I don't think so.

If a person agrees with the ideas presented by someone, it doesn't mean much of anything beyond that they agree. In order to support a candidate, one has to actually declare support. In that way, nobody can be supporting a politician without knowing it.

:rolleyes:

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Doesn't mean I support him, plenty of other candidates have similar platforms. Those examples you listed are vague to prove anything, anyway...

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
I don't think so.

If a person agrees with the ideas presented by someone, it doesn't mean much of anything beyond that they agree. In order to support a candidate, one has to actually declare support. In that way, nobody can be supporting a politician without knowing it.

:rolleyes:

Except in Florida.

Jistyr

Inquisitive Youngin'
I don't know if everyone is already a Ron Paul supporter, but I do think that if every person spent an hour or so a day researching, examining, and comparing every single presidential candidate that almost all of them would stand for Ron Paul.

Certainly anyone who can distinguish a statesman from the regular politicians would be all for Ron Paul.