• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you a liar?

Elihoenai

I prefer my worldly leaders to be less into kids, I mean sin.

The Earthly/Worldly Leaders are Giants of the Flesh/Sin. It's about having Greater Capacity for the Flesh/Sin. It's called the Inverted Cross.

343px-Peter%27s_Cross.svg.png

The Roman Catholic Church is depicted in video clip:

This is the fruitage of the Catholic church - Jordan Maxwell

@Kelly of the Phoenix You can escape the Dominion of the Earthly/Worldly leaders by sincere search for Elohim/God through Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ. Assuming that you are seeking for Righteousness.

Last edited:

Redemptionsong

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

@Redemptionsong Therefore, your answer is "No" to the question about whether any of the writers you named teach requirement for observing the Law of Moses and the Levitical Priesthood. That's because, as far as I'm aware, there is no teacher in Christendom that instructs about their requirements.

Andrew Murray does not understand the book of Hebrews or he is leading you astray. @Redemptionsong You are a member of the Earthly Universal Roman Catholic Church. You are Not Saved.
No, l believe l'm a part of the body of Christ, the Church that Christ was sent to built through His Holy Spirit.

Elihoenai

No, l believe l'm a part of the body of Christ, the Church that Christ was sent to built through His Holy Spirit.

Matthew 7:13-14

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Yes, you are part of the Earthly Body of Messiah/Christ of the Roman Catholic Church. Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ has an Heavenly and Earthly Church. The 2.2 Billions in Christendom reject the Heavenly because it's too Narrow. I haven't attained to this Narrow Way yet, although have heard about its requirements.

Redemptionsong

And you could be totally mistaken to assume this is the case. You are a fallible mortal, yes? You're not perfect or a God, yes? You make errors of judgment, yes?

Here you go again accusing others of being wrong because they don't agree with you. And again, you offer no explanation what makes you right and others wrong.

The question is why people with access to modern knowledge and reasoning skill will assume these stories are true at face value. The only people who do this are those exposed to the social influence of thinking this way. Why aren't you Catholic? Because you weren't exposed to that form of Christianity.
Your assessment of my faith in Christ is wrong. Only l know what has influenced my thinking and my direction.

I happen to live in a free society, and l did not have a religious upbringing. I could have followed any number of influences, the strongest of which was probably humanist.

My acceptance of Christ and the Bible comes through reading and studying, and then through personal religious experience. I have attended services in many Christian denominations, but was most at home in a 'house church'.

You are also accusing me of judging others, but what you don't seem to understand is that it is not me that is doing the judging. It is God's Word that does the judging. If John calls those that deny Christ 'liars', then, whether l agree or not, this just happens to be John's prophecy from God. As it happens, l do agree with his prophecy and am happy to defend the scriptures as a whole.

Redemptionsong

Matthew 7:13-14

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Yes, you are part of the Earthly Body of Messiah/Christ of the Roman Catholic Church. Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ has an Heavenly and Earthly Church. The 2.2 Billions in Christendom reject the Heavenly because it's too Narrow. I haven't attained to this Narrow Way yet, although have heard about it's requirements.
I share a faith in Christ with other 'born again' believers. I therefore belong to an invisible Church, drawn together by the Holy Spirit.

l know that there are teachings of the Roman Catholic Church with which l disagree. For example, l do not regard Mary as the Mother of God.

I do believe, however, that the practice of cutting oneself off from other believers results in a dangerous and isolationist attitude. The body of Christ should be working together for good.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Your assessment of my faith in Christ is wrong. Only l know what has influenced my thinking and my direction.
That is not what sttudies reveal about how human s think and believe. And of course you want to believe your faith is authentic and genuine and fully under your control. Cultural influence has a way of directing our thinking subconsciously, so of course your belief will be limited and superficial. By nature of our subconscious being outside of our conscious awareness you won't be aware of how you have been influenced over your life time.

I happen to live in a free society, and l did not have a religious upbringing. I could have followed any number of influences, the strongest of which was probably humanist.
But you were aware of religions and religious beliefs. I was too. I just applied a more objective approach to what I heard, what I experienced, and how I decided whether to adopt these fantastic concepts or not.

When I was a kid I believed God was real. But as I matured and grew up I challenged what I was told, and little by little I allowed doubt as a useful tool. Those who are "wired for God" have more of a biological tendency to adopt a religious framework, and there are many options available to those seeking religion. Like I asked, are you Catholic? You are certainly aware it is an option for you, yes? Did you reject this option?

My acceptance of Christ and the Bible comes through reading and studying, and then through personal religious experience. I have attended services in many Christian denominations, but was most at home in a 'house church'.
Sure, but no one comes up with these ideas on their own. they hear about jesus and the Bible and whatever form of Christianity they decide works for them from other people FIRST. You are a follower. You decided to follow someone else beliefs. And you are mimicking their behavior as you have learned to do. Do you have any idea why you are behaving this way? No, because you never took time to learn what the social sciences report.

You are also accusing me of judging others, but what you don't seem to understand is that it is not me that is doing the judging.
I'm not accusing you of judging others, I'm pointing out your posts where you are judging others. Your posts where you declare others wrong because they disagree with you is you JUDGING them. Just because you've decided you are right doesn't mean you ARE right. You haven't learned to observe and be aware of your own actions yet. You are one of the crowd about to stone the prostitute because you are righteous and you are willing to judge others. Only thing is, Jesus isn't here to stop you.

It is God's Word that does the judging.]If John calls those that deny Christ 'liars', then, whether l agree or not, this just happens to be John's prophecy from God. As it happens, l do agree with his prophecy and am happy to defend the scriptures as a whole.
And you are assuming yourself an agent for God, for the Bible, yet you don't have the authority or right to do that. You aren't a God. You're a sinner.

2ndpillar

Yes, the liar is the one who denies the truth.

What truth do you claim l'm denying?

The liar, as with the serpent/devil and his servant Paul, is one who denies they will sleep/die. (Genesis 3:4) The gullible, are those who think they will not die (Jeremiah 31:30), for everyone will die for their own iniquities. Death will be merciful, for it will release them from their dependence of living a lie, and thinking that increasing sin, increases the grace of God. I don't know, you have to be older than a third grader to believe that stuff. Children are mostly not so gullible.

2ndpillar

Let's stick to one point at a time.

The 'day of the LORD' has not arrived, but salvation is a process that has a beginning and a completion. When do you think the process of salvation begins?

According to Yeshua (Matthew 24), no one is saved, until the end, which is to say, no one "survives"/"escapes" from the "day of the LORD", the "great tribulation", until it comes, yet everyone will die for their own iniquities (Jeremiah 31:30). The foundation stone is justice and righteousness, not some false gospel of grace, "a covenant with death" whereas people think they are "saved" (Isaiah 28:15-18).

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The liar, as with the serpent/devil and his servant Paul, is one who denies they will sleep/die. (Genesis 3:4) The gullible, are those who think they will not die (Jeremiah 31:30), for everyone will die for their own iniquities. Death will be merciful, for it will release them from their dependence of living a lie, and thinking that increasing sin, increases the grace of God. I don't know, you have to be older than a third grader to believe that stuff. Children are mostly not so gullible.
Now you are trying to change what God said in Genesis to keep him from being a liar. He never said that t ehy would die some day if they ate from the tree. The claim was that they would die that day. The serpent told the truth. They did not die that day.

If you take the Bible literally enough to believe the Adam and Eve myth then by the same logic you should be taking it just as literally when God tells them that they will die the day that they ate the fruit.

Redemptionsong

That is not what sttudies reveal about how human s think and believe. And of course you want to believe your faith is authentic and genuine and fully under your control. Cultural influence has a way of directing our thinking subconsciously, so of course your belief will be limited and superficial. By nature of our subconscious being outside of our conscious awareness you won't be aware of how you have been influenced over your life time.

But you were aware of religions and religious beliefs. I was too. I just applied a more objective approach to what I heard, what I experienced, and how I decided whether to adopt these fantastic concepts or not.

When I was a kid I believed God was real. But as I matured and grew up I challenged what I was told, and little by little I allowed doubt as a useful tool. Those who are "wired for God" have more of a biological tendency to adopt a religious framework, and there are many options available to those seeking religion. Like I asked, are you Catholic? You are certainly aware it is an option for you, yes? Did you reject this option?

Sure, but no one comes up with these ideas on their own. they hear about jesus and the Bible and whatever form of Christianity they decide works for them from other people FIRST. You are a follower. You decided to follow someone else beliefs. And you are mimicking their behavior as you have learned to do. Do you have any idea why you are behaving this way? No, because you never took time to learn what the social sciences report.

I'm not accusing you of judging others, I'm pointing out your posts where you are judging others. Your posts where you declare others wrong because they disagree with you is you JUDGING them. Just because you've decided you are right doesn't mean you ARE right. You haven't learned to observe and be aware of your own actions yet. You are one of the crowd about to stone the prostitute because you are righteous and you are willing to judge others. Only thing is, Jesus isn't here to stop you.

And you are assuming yourself an agent for God, for the Bible, yet you don't have the authority or right to do that. You aren't a God. You're a sinner.
From my perspective, anyone who repents and believes is submitting themselves to the authority of God in Christ. I am a repentant sinner who, through faith in Jesus Christ, is no longer under the power of sin and death. Who are you to deny those things Jesus Christ promises by his word and Spirit?

Redemptionsong

Both passages that you refer to here are about sinners. The wages of sin is death, but in Christ there is life.

Redemptionsong

According to Yeshua (Matthew 24), no one is saved, until the end, which is to say, no one "survives"/"escapes" from the "day of the LORD", the "great tribulation", until it comes, yet everyone will die for their own iniquities (Jeremiah 31:30). The foundation stone is justice and righteousness, not some false gospel of grace, "a covenant with death" whereas people think they are "saved" (Isaiah 28:15-18).
What is missing from your summary is any mention of Jesus Christ as the righteousness of God. This means that His Spirit is righteous. Therefore, if one does not walk by the Spirit that is in Christ, one cannot claim righteousness. A believer must have received the Spirit of Jesus Christ in order to walk righteously. That is 'grace'!

2ndpillar

Both passages that you refer to here are about sinners. The wages of sin is death, but in Christ there is life.

Well, just a minute ago, you were calling all men sinners, which would include yourself. Everyone will certainly die according to Jeremiah 31:30. If the saints who will rule during the millennium are now in their graves. (Revelation 20:4) The "sinners", those with the mark of the beast, Constantine, and his two horns like a lamb, Peter and Paul, will remain in their grave for another 1000 years if they are already dead, and the one's remaining will have to drink from the cup of God's anger (Revelation 14:10). According to Yeshua, to "enter into life", you must keep the commandments (Matthew 19:17). That would be a spiritual life, based on power and spirit, and does not erase the fact that everyone will die (Jeremiah 31:30).

2ndpillar

What is missing from your summary is any mention of Jesus Christ as the righteousness of God. This means that His Spirit is righteous. Therefore, if one does not walk by the Spirit that is in Christ, one cannot claim righteousness. A believer must have received the Spirit of Jesus Christ in order to walk righteously. That is 'grace'!

Yeshua apparently had to go to heaven and sit at the right hand of God until all "Thine enemies" have been made a footstool for thy feet" (Psalms 110:1), in order for him to send the "Helper", the Spirit of God. One must receive the "Spirit of God", in the same manner that Yeshua and all the anointed received the Spirit of God. Yeshua was the first born, which is to say, one must "follow me" and "keep the Commandments" (Matthew 19) to "enter into life", which is to say, being born of God, and remaining in the "Word" of God, not the word of the false prophets.

2ndpillar

Now you are trying to change what God said in Genesis to keep him from being a liar. He never said that t ehy would die some day if they ate from the tree. The claim was that they would die that day. The serpent told the truth. They did not die that day.

If you take the Bible literally enough to believe the Adam and Eve myth then by the same logic you should be taking it just as literally when God tells them that they will die the day that they ate the fruit.

If you take the OT literally, then one day is as a 1000 years. (Psalms 90:4)

Redemptionsong

Well, just a minute ago, you were calling all men sinners, which would include yourself. Everyone will certainly die according to Jeremiah 31:30. If the saints who will rule during the millennium are now in their graves. (Revelation 20:4) The "sinners", those with the mark of the beast, Constantine, and his two horns like a lamb, Peter and Paul, will remain in their grave for another 1000 years if they are already dead, and the one's remaining will have to drink from the cup of God's anger (Revelation 14:10). According to Yeshua, to "enter into life", you must keep the commandments (Matthew 19:17). That would be a spiritual life, based on power and spirit, and does not erase the fact that everyone will die (Jeremiah 31:30).
All men are sinners, and will die, unless they find salvation in Jesus Christ. This is what the scriptures teach.

Since Christ is the only man to have fulfilled the law, he is the only man to demonstrate the righteousness of God.

What you teach is the righteousness of man. This means that, for you, God is not the only Saviour! You believe, instead, a man can save himself.

2ndpillar

And that is another problem. Countless contradictions resulting in endless reinterpretations. That is one reason for on the order of 40,000 sects worldwide.

The reason there are around 38,000 sects, is because that the daughters of Babylon the Great, which includes the "Christian" churches, sit on the beast (Rome), whose authority is the dragon/devil. (Revelation 13:4 & 17:3).