• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you a liar?

Elihoenai

Apparently those that practice True Religion (tm) are exceedingly rare. People are people. The average religious person is no more moral than the average atheist.

Amen! I'm in total agreement with statement above. True Religion is for the Select Few and False/Mediocre/Average Religion is for the Masses.

Elihoenai

Sorry, but that appears to be pure BS. You need to prove it, and the Bible cannot help you there unless you can prove that the Bible is reliable. No Christian has ever done that.

So go ahead.

James 1:8

8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

The proof is evident. There are only a few thousand of Roman Catholics that practice Pure Religion. Members of Roman Catholic Orders, such as, the Knights Templar/Freemason, Society of Jesus and Opus Dei practice Pure Religion. The over Billion Masses of Roman Catholics are in a halfway house not wanting to give up the Flesh/Sin and being content with the Sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion and Confession to a Priest.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

The proof is evident. There are only a few thousand of Roman Catholics that practice Pure Religion. Members of Roman Catholics Orders, such as, the Knights Templar/Freemason, Society of Jesus and Opus Dei practice Pure Religion. The over Billion Masses of Roman Catholics are in a halfway house not wanting to give up the Flesh/Sin and being content with the Sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion and Confession to a Priest.

Okay. Thanks for your answer.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

The proof is evident. There are only a few thousand of Roman Catholics that practice Pure Religion. Members of Roman Catholic Orders, such as, the Knights Templar/Freemason, Society of Jesus and Opus Dei practice Pure Religion. The over Billion Masses of Roman Catholics are in a halfway house not wanting to give up the Flesh/Sin and being content with the Sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion and Confession to a Priest.
No, its not. The Bible is the claim, it is not the evidence. You are treating the Bible as if it were a piece of fan fiction.

Elihoenai

No, its not. The Bible is the claim, it is not the evidence. You are treating the Bible as if it were a piece of fan fiction.

As I have told you and @F1fan repeatedly: I'm a Christian and that means the Scriptures/Bible is Cast Iron Irrefutable Evidence. Everything in the Scriptures/Bible from Genesis to Revelation is True. I'm am Closed Minded in my position and you are Closed Minded in the opposite position, therefore, we are not going to make progress.

Furthermore, there is no point continuing to ask for evidence as it's something you must see and experience for yourself to Truly Believe.

Elihoenai

And in which category are you?

I'm in the False/Mediocre/Average category transitioning to the Select Few. Furthermore, when I use the term False/Mediocre/Average I'm comparing people in Religions. In Elohim's/God's eyes Average is Pitiful, Weak and Hopeless Religion.

The Select Few practice the Cross and the Inverted Cross.

Last edited:

Kelly of the Phoenix

Take it this way. If you see your neighbor stealing, cheating on the spouse, being a homosexual, you can talk to him or her, and call him/her to repentance.

You can rebuke, reproach, repress, denounce, excoriate, objurgate him/her when you find a member of your assembly doing wrong.

Yes, feel free of doing it, tell them the plain truth, their souls and body will die, no exceptions.

Why you can do it freely without hesitation?

Because you are not condemning them. You are not giving them sentence to die or forgiveness or punishment.
But I don’t trust people to say what is wrong, including biblical authors. I’m reminded of people being chastised for playing D &D arcade games back in the 80s.

Kelly of the Phoenix

As I have told you and @F1fan repeatedly: I'm a Christian and that means the Scriptures/Bible is Cast Iron Irrefutable Evidence. Everything in the Scriptures/Bible from Genesis to Revelation is True. I'm am Closed Minded in my position and you are Closed Minded in the opposite position, therefore, we are not going to make progress.

Furthermore, there is no point continuing to ask for evidence as it's something you must see and experience for yourself to Truly Believe.
I left the idolatry of believing scripture was such. God’s will is seen in reality, no matter who is speaking. The characters in the Bible are literary characters.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

That only tells us that you do not understand the concept of evidence. It may convince you, but to be evidence it need to convince far more than just you. Demanding that someone experience your myth for themselves only tells everyone that you have no evidence.

And another correction, you are close minded when it comes to your beliefs. That is not the case for me or for most atheists. We simply follow the evidence. More than once I have changed my mind on topics that I have debated about because the evidence did not support me.

Redemptionsong

Hebrews 11:28

28 Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.

Are you prepared to accept the possibility that your understanding might not be correct? You appear to have the false notion that keeping the Law of Moses/Law of Yahweh is alien to Faith. Keeping the Passover is a demonstration of Faith!
Jesus kept the Passover, and fulfilled the law. It's for me to follow the Spirit of Christ as one who has been set free from sin.

If one were to follow the ritual law, which is alien to Gentiles, then one is effectively becoming a Jew. Do you believe that a male Gentile believer should also undergo circumcision?

Elihoenai

I left the idolatry of believing scripture was such. God’s will is seen in reality, no matter who is speaking. The characters in the Bible are literary characters.

@Kelly of the Phoenix What do you mean that believing Holy Scripture is idolatry? Have you considered that Elohim/God has hidden the deeper meaning of Holy Scripture from you?

Yes, Elohim's/God's Will is self evident. Everything that happens is the Will of Elohim/God.

Elihoenai

That only tells us that you do not understand the concept of evidence. It may convince you, but to be evidence it need to convince far more than just you. Demanding that someone experience your myth for themselves only tells everyone that you have no evidence.

And another correction, you are close minded when it comes to your beliefs. That is not the case for me or for most atheists. We simply follow the evidence. More than once I have changed my mind on topics that I have debated about because the evidence did not support me.

That's correct! A person can only be fully convinced by their own practice of the Faith/Religious Experience. That's why I have said in this thread you cannot convince others with evidence and that I have not tried to do so.

You are showing Closed Mindedness given that it appears you don't understand the difference between Religious Faith and Science. The Atheist @F1fan explained that Rational people keep away from Faith: Are you a liar?

Elihoenai

Jesus kept the Passover, and fulfilled the law. It's for me to follow the Spirit of Christ as one who has been set free from sin.

If one were to follow the ritual law, which is alien to Gentiles, then one is effectively becoming a Jew. Do you believe that a male Gentile believer should also undergo circumcision?

@Redemptionsong Are you Free from Sin? Are you Sinless?

Certainly, You must circumcise the Flesh and the Heart? I believe everything in the Holy Scriptures/Bible from Genesis to Revelation.

Prevalence of circumcision

United States

"As of 2014, an estimated 80.5% of American men are circumcised, and the prevalence of the procedure is considered to be near-universal in the country..."

Prevalence of circumcision - Wikipedia

F1fan

Veteran Member
@Kelly of the Phoenix What do you mean that believing Holy Scripture is idolatry?
Do you even know the history of how the Bible was constructed? Are you aware there were over 200 books at one time, and that in the 4th century men gathered to whittle down the "truth" to 66 or 72 books, depending on your version of bible. And them all the edits and changes over the centuries due to copying errors and commentaries. And then all the various language translations. The 17th century King James Bible was designed to give the King of England authority and meaning over the Bible, and then this version dominated Western Christianity since. Today they have even more translations that are comprehensible to modern English. The meanings of the words have changed a lot. So, eye of the beholder. Where's the truth?

Have you considered that Elohim/God has hidden the deeper meaning of Holy Scripture from you?
No wonder there are over 44,000 sects of Christianity than can't agree on what the Bible means. Do you think your beliefs are THE truth?

Yes, Elohim's/God's Will is self evident. Everything that happens is the Will of Elohim/God.
Unless your guess here is mistaken. So, what evidence can you offer us that your beliefs conform to reality? If you can't, then I will continue with doubts about any God existing.

Redemptionsong

@Redemptionsong Are you Free from Sin? Are you Sinless?

Certainly, You must circumcise the Flesh and the Heart? I believe everything in the Holy Scriptures/Bible from Genesis to Revelation.

Prevalence of circumcision

United States

"As of 2014, an estimated 80.5% of American men are circumcised, and the prevalence of the procedure is considered to be near-universal in the country..."

Prevalence of circumcision - Wikipedia
Jesus Christ was free from sin, and as l walk by His Spirit l am also free from sin. If l walk by the flesh, which l am able to do by choice, then l sin.

Paul discussed circumcision with Peter and the elders in Jerusalem [Acts 15]. Peter declared that it was not necessary for Gentiles to be circumcised in the flesh [verse 24].

To say that you believe everything in scripture is not helpful if it means you follow a covenant that has been replaced by a better way.

There is no doubt in my mind that Jesus Christ is the new covenant, and that faith in him is required as justification before God.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Matthew 3:11

11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

1) The Bread and Wine is taken as part of Passover. Passover is in the Law of Moses. The Lamb of God is the Passover.

2) There is Baptism with Water unto Repentance and Baptism with the Holy Spirit and with Fire. These are Different Dispensations.

3) True Followers Water Baptise having obtained True Repentance.

1. Although it is good to remember Passover, Jesus made it a new covenant in His blood.

Muffled

Jesus in me
No, number 3 does not logically follow. You would also need to prove this claim. In case you did not know the Bible is not evidence, it is just part of the claim.

I believe there is no logic so the idea that something doesn't logically follow is false.

I believe that God speaks the truth so His words must be true. Is it true that love is better than hate? I believe it is. However that is a personal value. It is the fact that God believes it and can do something about it if one practices hate that matters.

I believe your standard for evidence is deficient.