• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are You a Candidate for Communism?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Can you find where all of that is promoted in the Communist Manifesto?

I'd say the Communist Manifesto was a rough draft of Marx's later work.
And, this is more my impression of the ideal utopia Marx dreamed of.

Understand I'm not criticizing the dream as much as pointing to what, imo prevents us from achieving it.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
That simply isn't true and is a lie promoted by Capitalism to keep people believing in their fairy tales.
Case in point, people have always worked and strove to do better even long before money and Capitalism. Like in the old days when many people didn't care who was their lord so long as they were left alone in peace to their work.

Some achieve the fairy tale, maybe not so many, but enough they can be held out as the carrots.

Not so with communism. Other people keep getting in the way of the dream.

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Are you ideal enough, perfect enough for communism?

Well, nobody's perfect.

Can you work to the best of your ability without special compensation?

Most workers do that every day already. I've been doing it most of my life. It's only a few special snowflakes who believe they deserve special compensation, and they're invariably at the upper end of the economic spectrum.

Can you share to support whatever is needed by others without complaint?

Again, I've been doing this most of my life.

Can you sacrifice of yourself, from yourself for the good of all?

Not a problem. I can't imagine why it would be a problem for anyone in society. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Live not for yourself, but for others. Westerners can't seem to understand that, since everything is about "me me me" in the West. Dog eat dog.

Can you lift your fellow man/woman, whoever they are, whatever station they have in life, whatever disability the face to stand equal with you?

Well, I guess it would depend on how heavy they are. ;)

But yes, every man/woman, whoever they are, whatever station they have in life, whatever disability they face - they should all be considered equal.

Can you give up your excesses and live a minimalist lifestyle if necessary for as long as necessary?

It's the story of my life.

But I wouldn't portray communism as a society completely without joy. They had bars, dancing, music, art, ballet, vacation resorts (and workers were given free vacations). When I stayed in Leningrad during the 80s, they had all-night street parties, where people would just gather, carouse, socialize, and have fun. But very safe - no drunken brawls or shootouts like we have here. Everyone kept it cool.

You make it sound like a death sentence, when it really wasn't as bad as Western propagandists have made it out to be.

If you can answer yes to these question, you may be a candidate for communism.

I'm not actually a card-carrying party member, and I would have no interest in becoming a candidate if I was.

IMO, communism doesn't work because we the people are not capable of making it work.
People naturally gravitate toward power. Having power and consolidating it.

If you think you are immune to the temptation of power, I suspect you might be lying to yourself.

The power to live where you want, live how you want. Money/capitalism offers this if you can learn how to play the game.

The trouble with the natural law argument is that it's a sword which cuts both ways. Much of the history of human civilization shows a steady progression away from the ideas of natural law and social Darwinism. If we live by natural law, then we're in a situation where we're forced to continue practicing it.