• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you a born sinner? Is anyone?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I was hatched as one too.
But your & my attitude will fail at instilling
existential feelings of guilt for inherent sin.
How's a religion to survive?

I always preferred fun and games as a mean to survival...

people-playing-with-color-in-holi-festival-india-R95EPM.jpg
(Happy Holi to any who celebrate!)

in Spanish.....sin means .....without

are we born without God?....yes

and so.....born with sin

Born without God... What an unusual idea. I always assumed God was there when I was born. I'm fairly certain he was there when my kids were born. I suspected God was there when anyone was born, anywhere... After all, he/she/it is everywhere.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Born without God... What an unusual idea. I always assumed God was there when I was born. I'm fairly certain he was there when my kids were born. I suspected God was there when anyone was born, anywhere... After all, he/she/it is everywhere.
I believe God and heaven stands back

and God and heaven choose the moment to interact

after all......as the Carpenter hung in execution....He turned His face to heaven and said
WHERE ARE YOU?
WHY?......have you forsaken Me?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
after all......as the Carpenter hung in execution....He turned His face to heaven and said
WHERE ARE YOU?
WHY?......have you forsaken Me?

Ah, how terrible it must be to feel that way.

Oftentimes I've felt the world has forsaken me for sure... but I always felt God there, weeping with me.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Ah, how terrible it must be to feel that way.

Oftentimes I've felt the world has forsaken me for sure... but I always felt God there, weeping with me.
and yet.....I strongly suspect....

ALL of us have that hour pending
when the last breath is at hand

God and heaven will stand back
to witness
what stands from the dust

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You seem to shout out to us.
I have not changed font size, I have not used bold letters, I have not changed the color of letters, I have not used capital letters for the post. Why do you say that I am shouting at anyone? :D

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That is completely silly and unjust. Who was the foolish judge made this kind of judgment? If someone else steals, murders or rapes, I get punished!
The Christian faith made the judgment, and then it just kept getting passed down from one generation to the next.

“Observe that if, according to the suppositions of the People of the Book, 7 the meaning were taken in its exoteric sense, it would be absolute injustice and complete predestination. If Adam sinned by going near the forbidden tree, what was the sin of the glorious Abraham, and what was the error of Moses the Interlocutor? What was the crime of Noah the Prophet? What was the transgression of Joseph the Truthful? What was the iniquity of the Prophets of God, and what was the trespass of John the Chaste? Would the justice of God have allowed these enlightened Manifestations, on account of the sin of Adam, to find torment in hell until Christ came and by the sacrifice of Himself saved them from excruciating tortures? Such an idea is beyond every law and rule and cannot be accepted by any intelligent person.

No; it means what has already been said: Adam is the spirit of Adam, and Eve is His soul; the tree is the human world, and the serpent is that attachment to this world which constitutes sin, and which has infected the descendants of Adam. Christ by His holy breezes saved men from this attachment and freed them from this sin.

This is one of the meanings of the biblical story of Adam. Reflect until you discover the others.”

Abdu'l-Baha, Some Answered Questions, pp. 125-126

30: ADAM AND EVE

Kelly of the Phoenix

I don't. Im not religious but.... (Romans 5:12). Every one of us was affected by Adam’s sin; there are no exceptions. “One trespass resulted in condemnation for all people” (verse 18). We are all sinners, and we all share the same condemnation, because we are all children of Adam.
This is what happens when depressed people write gospels instead of getting therapy.