• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you a born sinner? Is anyone?

SA Huguenot

When we consider the red letters of Jesus within the 4 gospel accounts and the emergence of the new after-cross and ascension Gospel that evolved latter, then one can separate the 2.

The original Gospel of The Kingdom of Heaven was about salvation via faith in the Father, a whole souled commitment to do God will in our lives. Real, transformative salvation.

Paul's atonement Gospel was "Christ and him crucified" as a sacrifice for the sins of the world. Theoretical theology.

The NT is basically Jesus according to Paul.
I assume you also do not believe in the Trinity where Jesus is the Word (Mind) of YHWH, the Holy Ghost the Spirit of YHWH, and the Father the Existance( body ) of YHWH?
and that you were made in the immage of YHWH with a Conscience, Spirit and Body. (of which the body was corrupted during the fall of Adam.
In this regard, with the Trinity, it would mean that the Father sent his Word, Jesus, to be born as a human, to age as one and to die as one, after which He rose from the dead to be the first to obtain immortality as a human.
Do you believe this?

Brian2

Veteran Member
On several occasions he mentioned that his gospel would be rejected and even killed.

On several occasions He mentioned that HE would be rejected and even killed. Before Jesus death and resurrection there was good news (gospel) that the Messiah had come but the Jews wanted a different thing from the Messiah and the Jewish leaders thought they were right and knew Jesus could not be the Messiah if He condemned them and their teachings.
Jesus taught about the Kingdom of God because that is what He was going to implement with His death and resurrection and the gathering of the citizens of the Kingdom, those who believed Him and obeyed Him and were Born of God.

Colt

I assume you also do not believe in the Trinity where Jesus is the Word (Mind) of YHWH, the Holy Ghost the Spirit of YHWH, and the Father the Existance( body ) of YHWH?
and that you were made in the immage of YHWH with a Conscience, Spirit and Body. (of which the body was corrupted during the fall of Adam.
In this regard, with the Trinity, it would mean that the Father sent his Word, Jesus, to be born as a human, to age as one and to die as one, after which He rose from the dead to be the first to obtain immortality as a human.
Do you believe this?
Enoch and Elijah went to heaven so the theory that Jesus was the first is debunked.

YHWH was the name of the God of the Sini volcano adopted by the Israelites during their stay there. It became the name of their national deity. Jesus never called himself YHWH because he wasn't. Jesus referred to himself as the Son of God without elaborating further about that office, leaving much speculation and conjecture about his true identity as a divine Son. He implied that his person is ancestral to the Universal Father, but in divinity they are indistinguishably unified.

Brian2

Veteran Member
That's not the Gospel either, its forcing Jesus into OT text in Justification for belief that you were supposed to kill him as a human sacrifice as opposed to his original gospel.

Isaiah 53 is about Israel as Gods "suffering servant".

"The key to deciphering any biblical text is to view it in context. Isaiah 53 is the fourth of the four “Servant Songs.” (The others are found in Isaiah chapters 42, 49 and 50.) Though the “servant” in Isaiah 53 is not openly identified – these verses merely refer to “My servant” (52:13, 53:11) – the “servant” in each of the previous Servant Songs is plainly and repeatedly identified as the Jewish nation. Beginning with chapter 41, the equating of God’s Servant with the nation of Israel is made nine times by the prophet Isaiah, and no one other than Israel is identified as the “servant”:

• “You are My servant, O Israel” (41:8)
  • “You are My servant, Israel” (49:3)
  • see also Isaiah 44:1, 44:2, 44:21, 45:4, 48:20
The Bible is filled with other references to the Jewish people as God’s “servant”; see Jeremiah 30:10, 46:27-28; Psalms 136:22. There is no reason that the “servant” in Isaiah 53 would suddenly switch and refer to someone other than the Jewish people."

Israel reflect what is written in the servant songs, but not fully. They could not and have not fulfilled those songs. To say it is about the Messiah is saying that it is about a member of the nation of Israel and that the nation of Israel fulfilled the songs fully through that one Jew.

Colt

On several occasions He mentioned that HE would be rejected and even killed. Before Jesus death and resurrection there was good news (gospel) that the Messiah had come but the Jews wanted a different thing from the Messiah and the Jewish leaders thought they were right and knew Jesus could not be the Messiah if He condemned them and their teachings.
Jesus taught about the Kingdom of God because that is what He was going to implement with His death and resurrection and the gathering of the citizens of the Kingdom, those who believed Him and obeyed Him and were Born of God.

"The Kingdom of Heaven in within you"

Jesus established the spiritual kingdom of believers in the Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of man several years before his tragic rejection and unjust death. The Jews rejected his Gospel, they simply refused to share their God with the Gentile world. Jesus had mentioned that the death and resurrection would be proof of his authority to teach the original Gospel as well as his divinity. A new Gospel and focus emerged after Jesus left.

Brian2

Veteran Member
The authority of the Son of God is his own, he doesn't rely on anything from Judaism to justify his office.

If it were not for Jesus fulfilling the OT prophecies, He would be a nobody who came and was executed. The prophecies show a rejected and killed and risen Messiah. The prophecies show the Easter message and Jesus taught His disciples that message also. They pieced it together after He rose from the dead, but the risen Jesus also helped them to piece it together when He came to them and explained the OT scriptures to Him, so that they knew that the Messiah was supposed to suffer and die.
Luke 24:26 Was it not necessary for the Christ to suffer these things and then to enter His glory?” 27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, He explained to them what was written in all the Scriptures about Himself.

Brian2

Veteran Member
But those at the table began to say to themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?”

50And Jesus told the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

That's one reason the priest class hated Jesus so much, his simple Gospel of salvation by faith in the Father bypassed their lucrative sacrificial system!

Jesus taught faith in Jesus. See John 3:16.
Jesus did not come to abolish the Law and Prophets but to fulfil them.
In part He fulfilled them by being the Passover Lamb and the atonement sacrifice.
He was the better sacrifice which could actually take away their sins and not just cover them.

Colt

Israel reflect what is written in the servant songs, but not fully. They could not and have not fulfilled those songs. To say it is about the Messiah is saying that it is about a member of the nation of Israel and that the nation of Israel fulfilled the songs fully through that one Jew.

The Jews developed erroneous ideas about a Jewish Messiah based on the teachings of ancient seers that a "deliverer" was coming into the world. While the Son of God incarnate was that deliverer, he wasn't, he could not be the hoped for Jewish Messiah they expected. But Jesus met the Jews half way and stretched as much as he could within the framework of their confused expectations.

The religion of Jesus, the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven, was to become the common heritage of all religions in the world. All religions could benefit from his original teachings. But a new religion about Jesus emerged shortly after he left. In an age to come the world will once again hear the Gospel of The Kingdom of Heaven.

"No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment. Otherwise, the new piece will pull away from the old, making the tear worse."

Brian2

Veteran Member
That’s not accurate, I’ve quoted Jesus in the New Testament. You ignore those quotes.

You can read the Bible to people and “faith” doesn’t come to those who hear you. Jesus was the Word made flesh, he spoke directly to people but faith didn’t come to them either.

Your claim that faith comes simply by “hearing” has been debunked.

Faith is a gift from God but without having heard what to believe or who to have faith in, how can we have faith? Do we have faith in faith?

Brian2

Veteran Member
As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. You are doing the works of your own father.”

Secondary sources written by those who believe in the atonement of Christ conflict with Christ himself.

Jesus did not come to earth and explain to the Jewish leaders that they must kill Him so that He could be the atoning sacrifice for sin. Yet He knew that would happen.
Jesus came to judge the Jews and it was wrong of them to look to kill Him. He does not conflict with the explanations of the gospel in the epistles.

Colt

Jesus taught faith in Jesus. See John 3:16.
Jesus did not come to abolish the Law and Prophets but to fulfil them.
In part He fulfilled them by being the Passover Lamb and the atonement sacrifice.
He was the better sacrifice which could actually take away their sins and not just cover them.

Jesus never taught that he was a sacrifice, he taught justification by faith, salvation by a change of heart, restoration of right relations with the Father. See The Parodical Son.

Jesus taught forgiveness by receiving it from the Father and in turn forgiving others. No connection to blood sacrifices. That's speculation on the part of sacrifice minded men who became followers of Jesus.

The backwards claim that Jesus came to be a sacrificial Lamb is debunked by Jesus beat down of those evil people who rejected his Gospel:

37I know you are Abraham’s descendants, but you are trying to kill Me because My word has no place within you. 38I speak of what I have seen in the presence of the Father, and you do what you have heard from your father.39“Abraham is our father,” they replied.

“If you were children of Abraham,” said Jesus, “you would do the works of Abraham. 40But now you are trying to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham never did such a thing. 41You are doing the works of your father.”

“We are not illegitimate children,” they declared. “Our only Father is God Himself.”42Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on My own, but He sent Me.43Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you are unable to accept My message. 44You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out his desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, refusing to uphold the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, because he is a liar and the father of lies. 45But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me!

The message Jesus taught for 3+ years was already complete. The cross was simply the last of his miracles. Its how the Father and Son decided to wash their hands of the unbelieving Jews.

Last edited:

Colt

Jesus did not come to earth and explain to the Jewish leaders that they must kill Him so that He could be the atoning sacrifice for sin. Yet He knew that would happen.
Jesus came to judge the Jews and it was wrong of them to look to kill Him. He does not conflict with the explanations of the gospel in the epistles.
Double minded will, atonement proponents claim it was Gods will that the Son die as a sacrifice.......but then God judges the Jews for doing so? That inconsistency emerged because the atonement doctrine is a corruption and requires absurd mental gymnastics to try to make it work.

Brian2

Veteran Member
The new wine was his Gospel of spiritual liberty through faith in a personal relationship with the Father. The old wineskins is substituting blood sacrifices for a real change of heart, a real restoration of loyalty to the Father if one was separated.

The original Gospel of the kingdom was real, transformative salvation.

The Christian doctrine of the atonement is theoretical.

Where does Jesus teach us this gospel that you say He taught for 3 years? Give us some passages that show a different gospel.
But while you do that don't ignore that Jesus came to die for our sins as a ransom sacrifice.

John 12:26 If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, My servant will be as well. If anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him. 27 Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? No, it is for this purpose that I have come to this hour. 28 Father, glorify Your name!” Then a voice came from heaven: “I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again.”

Mark 10:45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.”

Colt

What intellectually honest person could listen to Jesus' blistering condemnation of Jerusalem yet conclude that the Jews were doing the right thing in killing Jesus as a sacrifice????

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the monuments of the righteous. 30And you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partners with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ 31So you testify against yourselves that you are the sons of those who murdered the prophets. 32Fill up, then,the measure of the sin of your fathers. 33You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape the sentence of hell? 34Because of this, I am sending you prophets and wise men and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify, and others you will flog in your synagogues and persecute in town after town. 35And so upon you will come all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36Truly I tell you, all these things will come upon this generation.Luke 13:31–35)

37O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those sent to her, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were unwilling! 38Look, your house is left to you desolate. 39For I tell you that you will not see Me again until you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.

Brian2

Veteran Member
That's your opinion, Jesus didn't teach atonement or sacrifice as a condition of his love for people. Jesus taught that God is a Loving Father. When Jesus loved and forgave people, he did not ask for birds and bunnies to be slaughtered as a condition of his love. God as a Father transcends God as a Judge.

The original "good news" of the original Gospel was that God is a forging Father, he loves us as a Father.

God shows His love by sending His Son so that those who believe in Him will not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
Jesus opens up the way to having peace with His Father by His sacrifice with gives us permanent access to the Father without having to offers animals as sacrifice to cover our sins. Jesus is the Prince of Peace (Isa 9:6)
Jesus taught about the Kingdom but that did not start till after Jesus died and rose again, when the Gospel could be preached and people would have the risen Jesus to put their trust in.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Clear as mud. Blood atonement is Pagan and contaminated Judaism. Isaiah lamented over the ridiculous practice.

Isaiah 1:10-20

Meaningless Offerings

10Hear the word of the LORD,

you rulers of Sodom;

listen to the instruction of our God,

you people of Gomorrah!11“What good to Me is your multitude of sacrifices?”

says the LORD.

“I am full from the burnt offerings of rams

and the fat of well-fed cattle;

I take no delight in the blood of bulls

and lambs and goats.12When you come to appear before Me,

who has required this of you—

this trampling of My courts?13Bring your worthless offerings no more;

your incense is detestable to Me—

your New Moons, Sabbaths, and convocations.

I cannot endure iniquity

in a solemn assembly.14I hate your New Moons

and your appointed feasts.

They have become a burden to Me;

I am weary of bearing them.15When you spread out your hands in prayer,

I will hide My eyes from you;

even though you multiply your prayers,

I will not listen.

Your hands are covered with blood.16Wash and cleanse yourselves.

Remove your evil deeds from My sight.

Stop doing evil!17Learn to do right;

seek justice and correct the oppressor.c

Defend the fatherless

and plead the case of the widow.”18“Come now, let us reason together,”

says the LORD.

“Though your sins are like scarlet,

they will be as white as snow;

though they are as red as crimson,

they will become like wool.19If you are willing and obedient,

you will eat the best of the land.20But if you resist and rebel,

you will be devoured by the sword.”

It's no good picking and choosing what you want to believe.
God wanted Israel to have the sacrifices and so put it in the Law and gave them priests etc. After Israel started just using the sacrifices to feel right before God and did not bother with actually keeping the rest of the Law, and loving God and their neighbour, that is why God sent Isaiah and others to tell Israel that God was not happy with that. The passage needs to be understood right and in context and not just picked out and used because it is what you believe.

Colt

Where does Jesus teach us this gospel that you say He taught for 3 years? Give us some passages that show a different gospel.
But while you do that don't ignore that Jesus came to die for our sins as a ransom sacrifice.

John 12:26 If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, My servant will be as well. If anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him. 27 Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? No, it is for this purpose that I have come to this hour. 28 Father, glorify Your name!” Then a voice came from heaven: “I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again.”

Mark 10:45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.”

Matthew 4

Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people. 24News about Him spread all over Syria, and people brought to Him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering acute pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed—and He healed them.

25The large crowds that followed Him came from Galilee, the Decapolis,f Jerusalem, Judea, and beyond the Jordan.

Considering that The cross hasn't happened yet, at the end his apostles didn't even know he was leaving, his true identity was a secret among the apostles, yet ------>Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, that Gospel could not be what it was after the cross.

* The original "good news" people heard before the cross wasn't Jesus dyeing for sin or that he was the Jewish Messiah. All that was speculation in retrospect.

* That original Gospel that Jesus taught in Galilee was very different. The religious authorities did not like that Gospel!

Colt

It's no good picking and choosing what you want to believe.
God wanted Israel to have the sacrifices and so put it in the Law and gave them priests etc. After Israel started just using the sacrifices to feel right before God and did not bother with actually keeping the rest of the Law, and loving God and their neighbour, that is why God sent Isaiah and others to tell Israel that God was not happy with that. The passage needs to be understood right and in context and not just picked out and used because it is what you believe.
You pick and choose what you want to believe because you were taught Pagan sacrifice first before going back and listening to Jesus. You are forced to ignore and gloss over Jesus' objections to those who rejected and killed him.

Brian2

Veteran Member
"The Kingdom of Heaven in within you"

Jesus established the spiritual kingdom of believers in the Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of man several years before his tragic rejection and unjust death. The Jews rejected his Gospel, they simply refused to share their God with the Gentile world. Jesus had mentioned that the death and resurrection would be proof of his authority to teach the original Gospel as well as his divinity. A new Gospel and focus emerged after Jesus left.

Luke 17:20 When asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The kingdom of God will not come with observable signs. 21 Nor will people say, ‘Look, here it is,’ or ‘There it is.’ For you see, the kingdom of God is in your midst.

The Kingdom is not just one person, you, or me, it is many and the translation should no doubt be that the Kingdom is in your midst. The Kingdom will come slowly and unobserved because the members will be walking around like everyone else who is not in the Kingdom.
It is not until Jesus returns that the full glory of the Kingdom and of Jesus will be revealed.

Colt

God shows His love by sending His Son so that those who believe in Him will not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
Jesus opens up the way to having peace with His Father by His sacrifice with gives us permanent access to the Father without having to offers animals as sacrifice to cover our sins. Jesus is the Prince of Peace (Isa 9:6)
Jesus taught about the Kingdom but that did not start till after Jesus died and rose again, when the Gospel could be preached and people would have the risen Jesus to put their trust in.

‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.

God shows his Love by revealing the true Father in his Son on earth who was himself Loving and Forgiving without requiring sacrifices. Jesus never required a blood sacrifice to Love and forgive people.