• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you a better person now due to your faith?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
So i should just eccept what you say or give me without question and without UNDERSTANDING first? Really?

What was the childish excuse? If you gonna accuse falsely, point put where i made an excuse.

Really? Where did i misrepresent (aka, misunderstand) and why was it a misunderstanding? Lets discuss it. Explain it.

Thats not shouting, thats typing an emphasis.

No, in the same way i should not simply accept what you say, the key is education and research which leads to understanding of a concept. Only then can one decide whether to accept it or not. I have tried to educate you, you refused the help and refused to bother yourself with research. Not my problem.

Childish excuse, you didn't attempt to open my links but instead went to a childrens site.

You claimed post #33 as an example. Not so, not even relevant.

You also need to study up on internet etiquette as to how to emphasise and shout

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Give an example. Because your falsely accusing.
I'll give you two:

- the way you turn any discussion of the political and legal origins of the ID movement into a a discussion of how offended you are at the insinuation that ID could be motivated by anything other than science.

- for a specific post, there's this one: Intelligent Design???, which you avoided by simply ignoring.

Now don't get me wrong: I don't think that any poster is obliged to respond to every (edit: or any) post addressed to them. You're completely free to end the conversation at any time. On the flipside, though, when you abandon conversations that are difficult for you, don't expect other posters to invest a whole lot of time or effort reaching out to you.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Netiquette

Netiquette for the Internet Junkie
Don’t Shout
Avoid using all caps in any email or post. Some people think that keeping the caps lock button on for the entire message will make it easier to read, while it actually does the opposite. It is not only difficult to read, it comes across as shouting, which is rude

No, in the same way i should not simply accept what you say, the key is education and research which leads to understanding of a concept. Only then can one decide whether to accept it or not. I have tried to educate you, you refused the help and refused to bother yourself with research. Not my problem.

You are not trying hard enough to help me because when i ask you clarifier questions, you refuse to answer.

Childish excuse, you didn't attempt to open my links but instead went to a childrens site.

I still opened your links. I went to the childrens site, although its also for adults too. But i wanted to give you the law of conservation of energy from it.

You claimed post #33 as an example. Not so, not even relevant.

Post 33 is an example of you engaging with me and we disagreeing.

You also need to study up on internet etiquette as to how to emphasise and shout

Ill underline my words for emphasis then instead of capping it. Hows that?

But shouting isnt the intent.

ChristineM

Premium Member
You are not trying hard enough to help me because when i ask you clarifier questions, you refuse to answer.

I still opened your links. I went to the childrens site, although its also for adults too. But i wanted to give you the law of conservation of energy from it.

Post 33 is an example of you engaging with me and we disagreeing.

Ill underline my words for emphasis then instead of capping it. Hows that?

But shouting isnt the intent.

When the answer cannot be clarified in god terms then its not an matter of refusing

The "law" you provided was incomplete

As is as it should be, still nothing to do with the cosmology questions you ask and refuse to accept the answer.

Whatever suites you. I dont really care becaus ive had enough of the nonsense

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Context please, is there anything that I haven’t answered?
That was about this post:

Intelligent Design???

... though as I mentioned, I don't think that anyone's obliged to respond to any post. It came up because @Jollybear was asking @ChristineM to put a fair bit of effort into a discussion with him, which made me think "why would someone want to put all that effort into something that Jollybear might just ignore again?"... but the ignored post I was thinking of was to you, not to Jollybear.

When the answer cannot be clarified in god terms then its not an matter of refusing

See, i dont understand this either. Im not asking you to define your statements in god terms, but in clarifying terms. Because im not comprehending what your trying to tell me. Thats the honest truth. And im pretty reasonable.

The "law" you provided was incomplete

Ok, tell me why it was incomplete? Dont just say it.

As is as it should be, still nothing to do with the cosmology questions you ask and refuse to accept the answer.

I dont understand your answers so why should i accept it? When i ask clarifying questions im not doing so for kicks and giggles. I truely am not comprehending your statements. And no, im not stupid either. But, hey, even if you think i am, well, come on then, help the stupid guy out here, break it down for me.

Im not the only one that does not understand you either. That other person said they didnt too. So, that should tell you something. It should tell you that you need to work on that communication skill.

Whatever suites you. I dont really care becaus ive had enough of the nonsense

Why dont you care?

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
See, i dont understand this either. Im not asking you to define your statements in god terms, but in clarifying terms. Because im not comprehending what your trying to tell me. Thats the honest truth. And im pretty reasonable.

Ok, tell me why it was incomplete? Dont just say it.

I dont understand your answers so why should i accept it? When i ask clarifying questions im not doing so for kicks and giggles. I truely am not comprehending your statements. And no, im not stupid either. But, hey, even if you think i am, well, come on then, help the stupid guy out here, break it down for me.

Im not the only one that does not understand you either. That other person said they didnt too. So, that should tell you something. It should tell you that you need to work on that communication skill.

Why dont you care?

I cannot think for you

What you dont know what you missed? Closed system is what you missed

Yes you are otherwise you would attempt a little research and educate yourself

Hat other person was given facts, they popped his bubble so so started on the old hyperbole.

And there you go again trying to blame me for your ignorance of cosmology

And you chose to opt, not for hyperbole but for ad hominem

Im done.

I cannot think for you

Im not asking you to think for me, just clarify your answers.

What you dont know what you missed? Closed system is what you missed

Ok, so conservation of energy only applies in the closed system of the universe, but does not apply before the universe began?

That still doesnt explain how the universe can come from nothing. Im sorry if its hard for me to believe that, can you blame me? All our experience and what we know of the universe defies that. Theres even some atheists who dont believe that. They believe the universe was always here. So, can you blame me?

Yes you are otherwise you would attempt a little research and educate yourself

Thats a cop out. Little research equels eccept without question. And, no, thats not how i do things.

Hat other person was given facts, they popped his bubble so so started on the old hyperbole.

Oh, i see....

And there you go again trying to blame me for your ignorance of cosmology

You apparently understand it, not me, so, help me understand what you supposidly understand. If i understand something, its not hard for me to convey it.

And you chose to opt, not for hyperbole but for ad hominem

Im done.

I did not ad hom you. Not at all. Wheres the ad hom at?

xir

Outwards, I'm mostly the same person. I study the same thing, I plan on having a similar career. I eat the same things. I occasionally **** up in the same spectacular ways (and try fix things in the same way).
There is only one major difference - now I try to treat everyone I meet with love, rather than just being nice and polite because it might benefit me in the long run.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Im not asking you to think for me, just clarify your answers.

Ok, so conservation of energy only applies in the closed system of the universe, but does not apply before the universe began?

That still doesnt explain how the universe can come from nothing. Im sorry if its hard for me to believe that, can you blame me? All our experience and what we know of the universe defies that. Theres even some atheists who dont believe that. They believe the universe was always here. So, can you blame me?

Thats a cop out. Little research equels eccept without question. And, no, thats not how i do things.

Oh, i see....

You apparently understand it, not me, so, help me understand what you supposidly understand. If i understand something, its not hard for me to convey it.

I did not ad hom you. Not at all. Wheres the ad hom at?

And i have said my answer cannot be reduced,

Are you saying the laws that apply to this universe existed prior to this universe? Btw, a universe is considered a closed system

Ahh, so now you move the goalposts. It any way in any way meant to explain how the universe formed, that is an unknown. I know many hypothesis including 2 of the universe coming from nothing. They are hypothesis only. Anyone who says they know how the universe formed (including god did it with magic) is lying.

You have a very strange view of research, in fact your view is a cop out. But it does not surprise me.

I am assuming you dont know the difficult stuff.

Your choice of wording.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
If you can believe that a god can come from nothing, why is it so hard to believe that a universe could as well?

Personally, I'm better with leaving it at "we don't know how the universe was ultimately caused," but since you seem to be okay with at least some things magically poofing into existence, what reason do you have to say that universes can't?

And i have said my answer cannot be reduced,

Why cant your answer be clarified?

Are you saying the laws that apply to this universe existed prior to this universe? Btw, a universe is considered a closed system

No, the laws began, just like the universe began. But, it cant just go poof from nothing. How can that be?

Ahh, so now you move the goalposts. It any way in any way meant to explain how the universe formed, that is an unknown. I know many hypothesis including 2 of the universe coming from nothing. They are hypothesis only. Anyone who says they know how the universe formed (including god did it with magic) is lying.

Im not saying i know. I am saying that i know the God hypothesis is the best explanation.

You have a very strange view of research, in fact your view is a cop out. But it does not surprise me.

Why is my view of research a cop out?

Heres how i research.

1, ask a question.
2, seek multiple answers.
3, think it through myself.
4, ask more questions.

Whats wrong with this approach?

I am assuming you dont know the difficult stuff.

No, thats why im asking you to break it down for me.

Your choice of wording.

Ok....

If you can believe that a god can come from nothing, why is it so hard to believe that a universe could as well?

Personally, I'm better with leaving it at "we don't know how the universe was ultimately caused," but since you seem to be okay with at least some things magically poofing into existence, what reason do you have to say that universes can't?

Thats just the thing right there, you misunderstand my view. I do not believe God poofed into existence from nothing.

I believe God always existed. I define God as eternal, infinite, conciousness, intelligence.