• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are we ready to find life on Mars in 2 years?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Support your worm kinship then, I guess.

Need I remind you that you disqualified yourself from making such demands?

When you are ready to learn the basics of the sciences that you do not understand and learn those basics then you can start to make demands. I am more than willing to help you to learn. So are others.

dad

Undefeated
Duh! You don't want it to be the same so you make up stories. You make up a lot of stories. Instead of making up stories, --- NAH! That's your thing. That's what allows you to continue to have your literalist beliefs.
I explained that what I claimed was how science doesn't know about the exact nature of time in the far universe. That is no story, that is fact.
Science doesn't know what forces existed in Noah's day
Correct, it doesn't. Ha ha.

As I pointed out, I place that time at approx
near the time of the KT layer. So if you knew what you were talking about you would simply prove that forces and laws here were the same then.

Just because you need things to have been different, you must pretend that things were different "back then". Of course, you have no explanation for why that would be the case
Doesn't matter if we know why. The only issue is whether we know it was the same or not.

dad

Undefeated
Need I remind you that you disqualified yourself from making such demands?

When you are ready to learn the basics of the sciences that you do not understand and learn those basics then you can start to make demands. I am more than willing to help you to learn. So are others.
Not my demand. Your claim of worm kinship is so foolish I could not care less whether you fail to support it and pretend you could or not.

dad

Undefeated
More specifically: "to be Ruler in Israel".

For that part of your prophecy to be true, Jesus would have had to have ruled Israel for a period of time. Jesus did not rule Israel - ever! So, this part of your prophecy is a failure. Therefore, the entire prophecy is a failure. That's not even a nice try. Perhaps you were going for a participation trophy.
No. "TO be" in the future.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I explained that what I claimed was how science doesn't know about the exact nature of time in the far universe. That is no story, that is fact.
Correct, it doesn't. Ha ha.

No, you made a claim that only demonstrated a lack of education at best.

As I pointed out, I place that time at approx
near the time of the KT layer. So if you knew what you were talking about you would simply prove that forces and laws here were the same then.

Doesn't matter if we know why. The only issue is whether we know it was the same or not.

The KT layer was deposited roughly 65 million years ago. Long before man was alive.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not my demand. Your claim of worm kinship is so foolish I could not care less whether you fail to support it and pretend you could or not.

Now now dad, you know that you are the one with false beliefs that you cannot support. Your fear tells us this. You put on a bold face, but anyone who looks can see the fear of reality that underlies all of your posts.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Yes but that is not what the Bible says. You are reinterpreting the Bible after the fact since it is clearly wrong as written. It is wiser to simply treat it as a morality tale. The story itself is bad theology as written. It makes God look incompetent and evil.
I quoted a verse of Quran in the footnotes of my post. I was referencing to Quran/Islam/Muhammad, not to the Bible (OT/NT). So, please rewrite one's reasoning. Right, please?

Regards

dad

Undefeated
The KT layer was deposited roughly 65 million years ago. Long before man was alive.
We know your religious beliefs. Also noticed is your inability to support them and your imaginary time scale. The basis for those dates is radioactive dating. That means that you believe the same nature existed also in the past. Prove it...or keep your religion, I have my own beliefs, thanks. Conversely, you could pretend you did already and fail for scores of wasted posts after wasted posts to show a link to where you supposedly evidence your beliefs. Great way to close a thread ..endless boring spam.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
We know your religious beliefs. Also noticed is your inability to support them and your imaginary time scale. The basis for those dates is radioactive dating. That means that you believe the same nature existed also in the past. Prove it...or keep your religion, I have my own beliefs, thanks. Conversely, you could pretend you did already and fail for scores of wasted posts after wasted posts to show a link to where you supposedly evidence your beliefs. Great way to close a thread ..endless boring spam.
Please, don't break the Ninth Commandment. Anyone that has followed this thread know that you post the ability to demand evidence when you rejected evidence and then refused to learn what is and what is not evidence.

You could still demand to see evidence, if you learned what it is.

Religion is your flaw and ironically you try to argue against it.

SA Huguenot

The alternative is that we are just a rather insignificant blip on the edge of one of billions of galaxies in the vastness of the cosmos.

Your indoctrination doesn't allow that. Your need to feel significant doesn't allow that.
I am gratefull that you call this an alternative.
I am just as happy to find your statement "Your need to feel significant", rubber sticking to you.
is it not so that you want to feel significant against a Creator?
Of corse you do, this is why you use such an argument to imply that somehow I will feel "Significant" in my belief that God created it all to sustain life on earth.
Oh, I forgot, the atheist theories dilute the thought that Matter could come into existence from nothing as if it is nothing to ponder over.
Whist the Christian realises such creation needs divine act.
Plainly, your wish that there be life discovered in the universe is somehow a wish to argue against a creator, whilst I dont worry about it at all.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I am gratefull that you call this an alternative.
I am just as happy to find your statement "Your need to feel significant", rubber sticking to you.
is it not so that you want to feel significant against a Creator?
Of corse you do, this is why you use such an argument to imply that somehow I will feel "Significant" in my belief that God created it all to sustain life on earth.
Oh, I forgot, the atheist theories dilute the thought that Matter could come into existence from nothing as if it is nothing to ponder over.
Whist the Christian realises such creation needs divine act.
Plainly, your wish that there be life discovered in the universe is somehow a wish to argue against a creator, whilst I dont worry about it at all.
A belief in magic is not a "realization" .

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I agree wholeheartedly.
One can not get a human from an amphibean.
The "frog prince magic"
Nope, you still don't get it. You believe in magic. Evolution can be observed and is understood. Now reality may bother you. I can appreciate that. The real world can be very scary at times. The question is: Can you get over your fears?

SA Huguenot

Nope, you still don't get it. You believe in magic. Evolution can be observed and is understood. Now reality may bother you. I can appreciate that. The real world can be very scary at times. The question is: Can you get over your fears?
My dear friend.
I refuse to believe in any fairy tale, magic God.
It is only you that wants to pass it off as such.
If you believe Evolution is an observed and understood science, you will also be able to believe in the tooth faisrt and santa.
There are zero Observed occurances of evolution.
Only more made up stories of paleontologists comparing different Ape spiecies' sculls which died out, and telling you it was your daddy.