• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are we missing something?

King Phenomenon

Yes, and I believe it is called knowledge - of so many things that we still don't understand - and I suspect it will be so for some time (beyond my life and all others here no doubt). Does that upset me? No, since we seem to know enough to make a go of life if we used what we do know in a fruitful manner.
Lack of wisdom don't upset me either

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Yes, definitely!

When a person wonders why there's so much confusion and conflicting ideas between people....
I have 2 Scriptures for them, explaining why: Revelation 12:9, and 1 John 5:19.

After I first read them, a lot of things became clearer to me.

What do you think?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
True Christians probably wouldn't really consider me a Christian but that's beside the point. Questioning is never negative

True christians (if there were such a thing) would say anyone who has a relationship with christ is christ. How/why/what you do spirituality is a life long progress and people aren't born adults.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Is there anybody else out there who thinks we're missing something when it comes to the secrets of our existence?

you have the super human power through compassion, everyday to make someone's day better.

like chaos theory, or the butterfly effect.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Secrets of existence? Something missing?

The invention of human beings is deeply mystifying. I don't buy that it is a mindless process that creates us.

What's missing is eternal life!

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Is there anybody else out there who thinks we're missing something when it comes to the secrets of our existence?
well....let me think.....

ouch....that hurts

so yeah.....how do you make substance?
I kinda would like to have .....the power of creation

and yeah......how do I CONTROL that power when I get it?
seems it could be something that goes BANG

so I've heard

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We have an evidence-based reasoned view of the formation of the universe, the stars, elements, planets, our sun and the earth.

We have evidence pointing to the start of life on earth some 3.7 bn years ago. Just how the first self-reproducing cell came into existence is not presently described; rather, it's a work in progress.

But the evolution of man from those beginnings is reasonably clearly drawn from evidence. Modern H sap sap appeared 50-70,000 years ago, and civilization about 10,000 years ago (and shortly after, the first hard evidence for the worship of deities). We are gregarious primates, and like all living species the only "purpose" that can be ascribed to the existence of any individual is that he or she survive long enough to breed.

If one doesn't look at it from the outside like that, then one's life has any purpose / meaning / significance that one thinks it has ─ the only limit is one's imagination.

King Phenomenon

Yes, definitely!

When a person wonders why there's so much confusion and conflicting ideas between people....
I have 2 Scriptures for them, explaining why: Revelation 12:9, and 1 John 5:19.

After I first read them, a lot of things became clearer to me.

What do you think?
I wasnt so much thinking about the confusion and conflicting ideas but yeah evil plays a role unfortunately