• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are we God - or some expression thereof?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I'm god. I don't know what the rest of you are, but it sure ain't expressions of me. I just assume you're all there for my amusement.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Are we God - or some expression thereof?

Yes.

We are all in the slow process of realizing our Oneness.

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
As He is in Himself, no.

God created me, giving me a separate essence from His. On that account, I am not God. He is infinite, whereas I am finite. I am contained within a body and three dimensions, whereas He in Himself is without a body and has no dimensions. He is all-knowing, whereas my knowing is conditioned and forever limited. He is in everything, whereas I am in one place. He is Nowhere, whereas I am here. He "IS" whereas I participate in the being I received from Him.

I could go on but I think you get the picture :sleep:

However in God "I" existed as an idea in His mind from all eternity, before he created me in time.

We are therefore the expression in time of an eternal idea in God's Mind.

I therefore am, in a sense as concerns my eternal being, God in God. Everything that is in God is God. He has no parts.

In time, in multiplicity, as a creature I am not God.

In eternity, I am god with God.

By grace I can become what He is by Nature. God. ;)

His energies can divinize me entirely so that I and Him become one "I" indistinguishable from the other, like a candle flame before the light of the Sun. When the Sun shines, the light from the candle is indistinguishable from the sun's greater light, even though they are different in kind, that greater light overpowers the lesser until it vanishes and is reduced to nothing.

God can do this with us by grace.

Last edited:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Nope and nope.
Mankind cannot be equated to god as either physical or spiritually or even implying we are expressions of god.
We have no similar qualities with god as far as I know. If we are truly expression of god I must say that he is quite frightening

chinu

chinu
Nope and nope.
Mankind cannot be equated to god as either physical or spiritually or even implying we are expressions of god.
We have no similar qualities with god as far as I know. If we are truly expression of god I must say that he is quite frightening

We LOVE somethings,
And God also LOVE something,

Itsn't this the equal attribute between God and its creation ? :)