• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are we at a turning point?

Are we at a turning point?

• Yes

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I've had this feeling for a while that something is changing. It's not just one thing but all of them together, like the perfect storm is brewing: climate change, overpopulation, national disasters, the depletion of the earth's finite resources, the morally bankrupt society, all the red flags in the financial markets that keep getting ignored even when everything in unraveling before our eyes, etc, etc, etc.
Am I the only one who can't shake this feeling that something huge is going to happen?
What if it's true? Whatever you're thinking, what if it's true? Do your thoughts and feelings about it go anywhere beyond that? What difference does it make to you, whether it's true or not?

Part of what I think is going to happen, and already is happening, is people learning to value all people everywhere more and more, across all dividing lines including ideological ones, and to care what happens to them. More and more people will be practicing fellowship, companionship and collaboration across the widest ideological divides, until that movement becomes strong enough to overpower factional interests, from the inside out. Then the cruelty, brutality, ugliness, and violence will stop increasing and start decreasing; the lives of all people all around the world will start improving; and a new civilization will be seen rising up out of the ashes of the old ones. Is that big enough for you? I'm thinking a few more generations at least before it turns around, but maybe it could happen sooner. I think it actually is happening on a small local scale, in some neighborhoods and villages all around the world.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I've had this feeling for a while that something is changing. It's not just one thing but all of them together, like the perfect storm is brewing: climate change, overpopulation, national disasters, the depletion of the earth's finite resources, the morally bankrupt society, all the red flags in the financial markets that keep getting ignored even when everything in unraveling before our eyes, etc, etc, etc.
Am I the only one who can't shake this feeling that something huge is going to happen?
I think people had the same feelings in the turmoils of the 60s and 70s.

We're definitely in a bump in the road yet the country's infrastructure is still sound and stable enough where there will be more saber-rattling then any outright revolt that you see in banana republics.

I think everybody knows that anarchy will result in wrecking one's career. As long as the Doritos and nachos stay in the bowl while watching ones favorite cable programs and the football game , a semblance of pacification will continue because who wants to wreck that?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Yes no doubt at all. Civilization as we now know it will change dramatically. Many cities will not survive the rampant materialism.

How and when is not known, it will be sudden.

Regards Tony