• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are transgender/transsexual people accepted in your religion?

Are trans people accepted in your religion?

• Yes

Votes: 29 70.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Maybe (explain in thread)

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Other (explain in thread)

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Well? Why or why not?

They are in mine. My Goddess doesn't give a damn if you're LGBT or not. It's all the same to Her and She is the merging and destruction of all qualities and dualities, anyway. She is male, female, both and neither. For a man to be a Shakta, he must embrace his own feminine aspect in the first place, making male Shaktas somewhat gender variant in a fashion to begin with. (Which is fascinating and brings up interesting questions for me as a female to male transsexual.)

I'm also a Satanist and view Satan as either feminine or androgynous.

Last edited:

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Well? Why or why not?

They are in mine. My Goddess doesn't give a damn if you're LGBT or not. It's all the same to Her and She is the merging and destruction of all qualities, anyway. She is male, female, both and neither. For a man to be a Shakta, he must embrace his own feminine aspect in the first place, making male Shaktas somewhat gender variant in a fashion to begin with. (Which is fascinating and brings up interesting questions for me as a female to male transsexual.)

The Order of the Serpent has a very prominent transgender and transitioned member. You can actually read her story in the newsletter, which will also answer why we are accepting. Page 23

Order of the Serpent - The Imperishable Star

VioletVortex

I think that it goes against the principles of Luciferianism to not accept transgender individuals. Considering as well that it is an individualized religion, it wouldn't really be possible to somehow "excommunicate" people.

Conversely, I would also accept anti-trans people into my hypothetical group...

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
Transsexualism and transgenderism is scientifically natural and supporting it is positive in both general outcome and social stability. Being a Pagan, I believe it is important to acknowledge this natural variation in humans. And as a Satanist I encourage trans people to express themselves as they desire to.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Uhh, it's sort of neutral. So it depends on how you personally view the "phenomenon" (for lack of a better word.) Although there are stories where the Hijra are personally blessed by God, deities that protect Hijra personally and even superstitions where angering them will earn the wrath of Ma Kali.
So I suppose yeah, unless one is a transphobe.

Premium Member
I would agree that there is a line. There's of course a concern of people trying to transition with minimal thought, which used to be an objection of mine. But we are adapting so quickly to transgenderism (well, in fields that matter like psych and the relevant doctors) that this seems pretty unlikely. For example I knew a man who enjoyed cross dressing in high school, and used to say he wanted to transgender. Indeed it ended up being "just a phase" (not judging there btw) and last I heard he's a happy straight man who no longer cross dresses (publicly?) or wants to transition. My fear would be someone like that rushing to transition them regretting it, but I don't have any real idea of how likely that is.

Anyone know? Can someone tell me if transition is covered by any insurance or if it's out of pocket?

Last edited:

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well? Why or why not?

They are in mine. My Goddess doesn't give a damn if you're LGBT or not. It's all the same to Her and She is the merging and destruction of all qualities and dualities, anyway. She is male, female, both and neither. For a man to be a Shakta, he must embrace his own feminine aspect in the first place, making male Shaktas somewhat gender variant in a fashion to begin with. (Which is fascinating and brings up interesting questions for me as a female to male transsexual.)

In general yes. But there are lots of ignorant idiots in any religion, including Hinduism.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My fear would be someone like that rushing to transition them regretting it, but I don't have any real idea of how likely that is.
That's a concern of many therapists who council the issue, and a warning frequently passed out among the transcommunity. I've been on hormones for nearly a year now, and I'm glad I gave myself some time to adjust to it, and to let the "newness" wear out before taking further steps. Rushed transitions, as far as I can tell, seem to be at a higher risk of failure, and it is a lot of changes to go through. It makes me wonder if the mind can even handle a rushed transition?
Anyone know? Can someone tell me if transition is covered by any insurance or if it's out of pocket?
That all depends. Some insurance covers absolutely nothing. Mine covers therapy and hormones and nothing else. Some cover it all.

Premium Member
That's a concern of many therapists who council the issue, and a warning frequently passed out among the transcommunity. I've been on hormones for nearly a year now, and I'm glad I gave myself some time to adjust to it, and to let the "newness" wear out before taking further steps. Rushed transitions, as far as I can tell, seem to be at a higher risk of failure, and it is a lot of changes to go through. It makes me wonder if the mind can even handle a rushed transition?

That all depends. Some insurance covers absolutely nothing. Mine covers therapy and hormones and nothing else. Some cover it all.

Thanks for the info! My thought is that if it's truly ones Will to transition let's get it done, and if it's "a phase" (again I'm not being negative with that!) let's see what we can learn from the desires and get on with the self Actualization!

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
There is no real general ruling for such things in Buddhism, nor is it likely or very desirable to be.

In other words: as per @sayak83

For what it is worth, I can't even think of any rationale for not accepting transexuals - or anyone else really. Individual people will of course often have a hard time accepting each other, but to make doctrine out of it is... weird really.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It's sad isn't it, Luis? But, even when I was a practicing theist, I never followed the ''tribe.''
Not doubting you or anything, but as a minor in social psychology I feel secure to tell you that it is a very difficult impulse to resist.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I just frankly do not care. I am more interested in the nature of one's sanity than whether or not they swap their pee parts or anything else for that matter. Transexualism is just this weird and simultaneous confusing culture of people who I cannot understand or empathize with for obvious reasons.

I just ignore it and judge them like I judge other people, with harsh criticism and extreme mockery. I am very fair in how I treat my fellow neighbor