• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are these the last days?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
savagewind,
Until you pray for a good heart, l am afraid you will not be able to understand God's words. Any person who wants to understand, must be like a small child, humble, and asking questions, instead of making strong assertions, that are mostly dereism, at best, Matthew 18:2-6, 1Timothy 1:3-7. We are told very clearly that a person cannot understand God's word if his heart is bad, Matthew 13:13-15. Jesus made several statements about the heart, Mark 7:20,21, Luke 10:21.
Jeremiah made it clear that the heart is not to be trusted, unless of course, it has been trained by the Bible, Jeremiah 17:5,7,9, Proverbs 28:26, Hebrews 5:14, Proverbs 3:5,6. No wicked can understand, Daniel 12:10, Isaiah 26:10. There is hope, James 1:5-8. You must be careful not to stumble anyone who is wanting to understand the Bible, because you could lose your own salvation, Matthew 18:6,7, Philippians 1:9,10, 1Corinthians 8:11, Romans 14:15, 2Peter 3:15-18
What have I asserted and why can you do what you say I must not do?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@12jtartar are you a Jehovah's Witness? Do you teach that some of the heavenly class of 144,000 are NOT in heaven?
Do you teach that I am to put my faith in the faithful and discreet slave and not in Jesus because I can't serve two masters like Jesus says I can't?
Do you teach that Jesus is not really with a person who trusts in him like he said he would be?
Do you teach that the scriptures prophesy evil people will definitely come even though scripture says God's will is that ALL will repent and to knowledge come?
Do you teach that a child's testimony is worth nothing?
Do you teach that God's will is that I make other people believe in God?
Do you teach that "soon" can be many, many thousands of years?
Do you teach that two bears can kill forty something children per order of Jehovah?
Do you teach that Jesus came in the flesh, came again to inspect Christians spiritually, left, then will come again? How? Oh yes! To kill everyone not believing like you do. Isn't that a problem?

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@12jtartar do you understand the question about the two bears?
Two bears and 42 boys. Two bears and 21 boys each. How long do you think it would take one bear to tear up one boy? One minute? Let's go with that. One minute per boy. That means it would take at least twenty minutes for the scene to transpire. Did the boys line up for their turn to be torn up? Why didn't some of them run away? So it would take a miracle for it to happen the way the faithful and discreet slave class of governing body members says it happened. Therefore it was Jehovah God, the worker of miracles who tore up 42 boys. And for what? For doing what boys do. And did it with zero consideration for the fact that some of them might have repented of their boyhood prank. And what did Jesus say about God, The Father? "God is love". But not according to the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses He isn't.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Jehovah's Witnesses go with Babylon the Great's interpretation of the events recorded in scripture.
So if Babylon the Great is teaching the truth of God's word then why will God destroy them?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The question my dear friend @12jtartar is; how did TWO bears tear 42 children and why? From the New World Translation
23 He went up from there to Bethʹel. As he was going along the way, some young boys came out from the city and began to jeer at him,+ and they kept saying to him: “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!”24 Finally he turned around and looked at them and cursed them in the name of Jehovah. Then two she-bears+ came out of the forest and tore 42 of the children to pieces.+25 He kept going from there to Mount Carʹmel,+ and from there he returned to Sa·marʹi·a.

I think YOU say I consider my own interpretation. So fix me! Explain how what is written at 2 Kings 2:23-25 is possible and righteous.
It is righteous because God did it? And whatever the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses do is righteous because, because........God did it?

God says now you will claim I reject scriptures that I do not like. THAT my friend is bearing false witness. I believe 2 Kings:23-25 and I think if you will "humble yourself under the mighty hand of God" and ASK God in Jesus Christ's name what it really means God will answer you! I do not promise that though.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'll give you a hint @12jtartar
There are some things in the Bible that are ambiguous on purpose so that people like me can identify people like you. It is a handy skill.
Is there no answer forthcoming about how two bears are able to tear apart forty-two children?
You do realize, do you not, that people can see that you have no real answers.

Milton Platt

Jesus spoke of the end of the world or system of things as recorded in Matthew 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13. Other Scriptures refer to the last days, describing them as "critical times hard to deal with." (2 Timothy 3:1-5) Do you think these are the last days?

Apparently we have been in the last days for some two thousand years. Enough already.

rusra02

Premium Member
Apparently we have been in the last days for some two thousand years. Enough already.
One of the indications we are in the time of the end is "that in the last days ridiculers will come with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as they were from creation’s beginning.” (2 Peter 3:3)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
One of the indications we are in the time of the end is "that in the last days ridiculers will come with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as they were from creation’s beginning.” (2 Peter 3:3)
@rusra02 But he didn't say that. 2 Peter 3:2-3 is about the presence of the Lord. @Milton Platt his comment is about the end of this system of things. You are calling the end of the World, "Jesus". How would you feel if for hundreds of years people called the terrible end of most life on Earth YOUR NAME? ......What is your name?

kerndog

I concur, I am convinced that a lot of these people who blow this off, are people running scared. At Matt. 24:37-39, Jesus said it would be "just as the days of Noa were" People would be carrying on with life as usual,but, THEY TOOK NO NOTE, in other words, not thinking anything was any different than it had always been before ! People are under the illusion that they have to have war, pestilence, earthquakes, in everyones backyard or home, for it to be something THEY TAKE NOTE OF, but that's not what it says, Jesus prophecy in Matthew Chapters 24 & 25 indicate it will be very bad in the last days, but not to the point EVERYBODY would be taking note of it, they would fail to connect the dots so to speak. So it is, as the Days of Noa were , nobody took any note of Noas preaching (2 Pet. 2:5) until it was to late for them !! God NEVER executes judgement without prior warning FIRST, search the bible over if you like, you will never find any instance I which God brought divine intervention, without prior warning. The entire Hebrew texts are a history of divine warnings against the Israelites for their REBELLIOUS AND OBSCENE behavior, never under any circumstances did God punish them without warning first, at those times he warned them a hundred year or more ! REMEMBER at Gen 6:3,..God said just before his warning that he would allow man a total 120 yrs. before doing so ( AND NO ! this is not referring to how old he would allow mans age to be, people were living hundreds of years AFTER the flood !) So as with ALL things, there is a beginning, WHEN DID THE LAST DAYS BEGIN ? No man knows the day or hour of the end, BUT, Jesus did give us a good clue to when they began, Matt. 24:3-51, NOTICE WHAT WOULD BE GOING ON DURING THESE LAST DAYS (MATTHEW 24:14) , THATS RIGHT, A WARNING !! REMEMBER this other clue as to the beginning of last days, (REV.12:7-10,12) When this happened, THERE is the beginning of last days, figure out WHEN that that happened, and you have you answer !!

Milton Platt

Yes, and this has been said for about 2000 years as well. What's your point?

rusra02

Premium Member
Yes, and this has been said for about 2000 years as well. What's your point?
The point is, the fact that many would not discern the fulfillment of the sign Jesus gave to indicate the nearness of this systems end, is itself proof that the sign would be evident and yet ridiculed by some who claim 'things are just the same as they always were.'

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The point is, the fact that many would not discern the fulfillment of the sign Jesus gave to indicate the nearness of this systems end, is itself proof that the sign would be evident and yet ridiculed by some who claim 'things are just the same as they always were.'
According to you, @rusra02, is it not possible that the saying, "things are just the same as they always were" means that God is not far off from each one? Acts of the Apostles 17:27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.
Has it always been true that, "God is not far off from anyone"? Then,"things are just the same as they always were" is someone saying, "God has never been far off from anyone" when other people have asked, "where is his presence". I realize as a faithful JW you can not agree it means anything but what the Governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses and Babylon the Great say it means. I wonder why.

Milton Platt

Why is this end time prediction different from all of the others ?

I know of nobody who thinks things are exactly the same all the time........the only constant seems to be change itself.
But the "signs" have been reinterpreted hundreds of times. They obviously aren't as clear as you suppose. The end times were originally expected during the lifetime of the Apostles.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
The "last days" correspond to each person, and his/her age, as well as each generation, and its age(s). The kingdom of Heaven is at hand-- and it has been at hand since Adam's creation.

rusra02

Premium Member

I know of nobody who thinks things are exactly the same all the time........the only constant seems to be change itself.
But the "signs" have been reinterpreted hundreds of times. They obviously aren't as clear as you suppose. The end times were originally expected during the lifetime of the Apostles.
Of c

People have seen various disasters Jesus mentioned in his prophecy in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21, and wrongly concluded the end was near. But all the events needed to take place within a single generation to fulfill the prophecy Jesus gave as a sign that this system would soon end. And the scope and scale of these disasters would be unmistakable. Since 1914, the world has suffered through 2 world wars and constant slaughter in smaller wars. Disease has swept the earth, notably Influenza in 1918. Millions have suffered starvation. Great earthquakes have taken the lives of millions in total. No single generation has experience all the events Jesus described until our present day, IMO. There are more events marking the last days described at 2 Timothy 3:1-5 and Revelation 6:1-7.

Milton Platt

Of c

People have seen various disasters Jesus mentioned in his prophecy in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21, and wrongly concluded the end was near. But all the events needed to take place within a single generation to fulfill the prophecy Jesus gave as a sign that this system would soon end. And the scope and scale of these disasters would be unmistakable. Since 1914, the world has suffered through 2 world wars and constant slaughter in smaller wars. Disease has swept the earth, notably Influenza in 1918. Millions have suffered starvation. Great earthquakes have taken the lives of millions in total. No single generation has experience all the events Jesus described until our present day, IMO. There are more events marking the last days described at 2 Timothy 3:1-5 and Revelation 6:1-7.

Actually every single generation has indeed experienced all of these things. Earthquakes have been happening all around the globe since before mankind walked the earth, and Jesus simply said there would be earthquakes and did not specify that millions would die. The only difference would be the world wide wars because the ancient world did not know the scope of the world and technology did not permit the scope of a war to be so great. It could actually be argued that it is likely that at no time in known human history was there not someone fighting someone else someplace on the earth. Worldwide contagion was only possible in the last few centuries because humans were able to travel and thereby spread disease further. It would hardly be surprising that say, the flu could spread globally. We can and do track it.

To list things that are a part of virtually EVERY generation's experience with absolutely no detail as to locations, times, dates, or anything else that is testable and falsifiable is no better that the Internet frauds of today passing themselves off a psychics. That is why there is probably also been no time since these words were written down that somebody, someplace wasn't sure he was living in the wnd times.

rusra02

Premium Member
Actually every single generation has indeed experienced all of these things. Earthquakes have been happening all around the globe since before mankind walked the earth, and Jesus simply said there would be earthquakes and did not specify that millions would die. The only difference would be the world wide wars because the ancient world did not know the scope of the world and technology did not permit the scope of a war to be so great. It could actually be argued that it is likely that at no time in known human history was there not someone fighting someone else someplace on the earth. Worldwide contagion was only possible in the last few centuries because humans were able to travel and thereby spread disease further. It would hardly be surprising that say, the flu could spread globally. We can and do track it.

To list things that are a part of virtually EVERY generation's experience with absolutely no detail as to locations, times, dates, or anything else that is testable and falsifiable is no better that the Internet frauds of today passing themselves off a psychics. That is why there is probably also been no time since these words were written down that somebody, someplace wasn't sure he was living in the wnd times.

Jesus said that the majority of those living during the last days would take no note of the evidence Christ was present as King of God's Kingdom. (Matthew 24:37-39) And as previously quoted, the Bible speaks of ridiculers who would deny the clear evidence we are in the last days. (2 Peter 3:3,4) I believe the coming of Jehovah's day will settle the question for all. (2 Peter 3:7)