• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there verses in the bible that have been proven to be scientifically true after the writing?

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
Once again you are totally incorrect, sir.

Once again...? That's the only post I made...

It just had dire consequences in some societies.

For example? Can you direct me to some dire consequences suffered by someone fact-checking the Bible say... 500 years ago?

But many people historically disputed the bible including Darwin as a primary example.

Charles Darwin: 1809-1882.
Council of Nicea: 325

Darwin was fairly new at birth by comparison to the Bible. I stick by my statement.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Most disputed his existence before the evidence was uncovered.
Sorry but you get an F for this sorry answer. Making another unsubstantiated claim does not prove the first. But in as much as you've made another to support the first, I expect that you have evidence for it. Show us the evidence that "Most disputed his existence before the evidence was uncovered."

Most of the world are not Christian and have claimed for 2000 years that the words in this collection of books are false totally.
Again with another claim. So what evidence do you have that "Most of the world have claimed for 2000 years that the words in this collection of books are false totally."

With evidence of the truth within the words people should have understood that they cannot disprove it because it is fact.
Please reread what you've written here. As it stands it's quite goofy.

Over and over it has been proven to be such. By scientific laws this makes it "hard" evidence. However, most scientists will never admit that.
Okay, it's obvious that your simply sputtering meaningless phrases because they popped into your head and sound good to you.

Have a good day.

A Son of God

Daniel 12:4
Sorry but you get an F for this sorry answer. Making another unsubstantiated claim does not prove the first. But in as much as you've made another to support the first, I expect that you have evidence for it. Show us the evidence that "Most disputed his existence before the evidence was uncovered."

Again with another claim. So what evidence do you have that "Most of the world have claimed for 2000 years that the words in this collection of books are false totally."

Please reread what you've written here. As it stands it's quite goofy.

Okay, it's obvious that your simply sputtering meaningless phrases because they popped into your head and sound good to you.

Have a good day.

Simply read the posts of others on my original question. Study them and you make a decision as to what you believe. If you refuse to listen to them, then why even join this forum?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

The existence of the Hittites was commonly disputed before the archeology showed they really existed.

"Before the discoveries, the only source of information about Hittites had been the Old Testament. Francis William Newman expressed the critical view, common in the early 19th century, that, "no Hittite king could have compared in power to the King of Judah...".[7]"

Skwim

Veteran Member
The existence of the Hittites was commonly disputed before the archeology showed they really existed.

"Before the discoveries, the only source of information about Hittites had been the Old Testament. Francis William Newman expressed the critical view, common in the early 19th century, that, "no Hittite king could have compared in power to the King of Judah...".[7]"
Didn't see a thing showing that the existence of the Hittites was commonly disputed. :shrug:

whirlingmerc

39938845690_3f8d67fdd4_m.jpg

The technical terms today would not be exactly as then but you get the idea

additionally

Stars being innumerable and starts differing glory to glory are scientifically proven
At one time stars might be thought to be of limited number like 600 or so

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

additionally

Stars being innumerable and starts differing glory to glory are scientifically proven
At one time stars might be thought to be of limited number like 600 or so
I can see that you have never been out late at night outside of urban area at night. There are roughly 4,500 visible stars on a clear night. To anyone trying to count that would be innumerable:

https://www.skyandtelescope.com/astronomy-resources/how-many-stars-night-sky-09172014/

Phantasman

Since I follow the Gospel and not the Bible, science cannot prove or disprove the Gospel message. Science is the study of physical, and cannot be applied to spiritual. The mind can comprehend both though. So science is lost in the spiritual.

Skwim

Veteran Member
"Cud" has never meant anything other than what it does today:

cud (n.)
"portion of food voluntarily forced into the mouth by the stomach of a ruminating animal," Old English cudu "cud," also "gum, resin, mastic," earlier cwudu, common Germanic (compare Old Norse kvaða "resin," Old High German quiti "glue," German Kitt "putty").​

And all 51 Bibles checked used the word "cud" or words indicting cud. So cud is exactly what all the scholars and translators of Deuteronomy 14:7 meant when they chose the word.

"portion of food voluntarily forced into the mouth by the stomach of a ruminating animal,"​

And, yeah, I get the idea: The idea that's trying to be peddled here is that although what the Bible says is wrong, it can be ignored if we pretend it's right.

SHAME!

nPeace

Veteran Member
Give me verses that tell of things once thought wrong or just a fable that have now been shown to be truth.
Practically the entire Bible has been proven - but not just by science alone
Since you specifically asked about science...

(Proverbs 14:30) . . .A calm heart is the life of the fleshly organism, but jealousy is rottenness to the bones.

9 New Ways to Keep Your Heart Healthy
Keep a lid on hostility.
Hostility can have negative effects on a woman's heart, and a 2016 study sheds light on the mechanism that may be involved.
Previous studies have found that higher levels of cynical hostility in women — or a cynical attitude along with a general mistrust of other people — is linked with an increased risk for heart disease, while women filled with optimism have a lower risk for heart disease.
Researchers now suspect that something called heart rate variability, which measures the time interval between heart beats, might help explain why hostility may be harmful to women's hearts.
Women with higher levels of hostility had a lower heart rate variability, on average, than women with lower levels of hostility, according to the findings. In general, a higher heart rate variability is a good thing, the researchers said.

Hostile feelings might also hurt the heart by activating the fight-or-flight response, which boosts stress hormone levels. The study also found that women who were more hostile were more likely to have other heart risk factors, such as high blood pressure, obesity and high cholesterol, compared with women who were less hostile.

(Proverbs 23:20) . . .Do not be among those who drink too much wine,. . .
(1 Timothy 5:23) . . .take a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent cases of sickness.

Be smart about drinking.
Moderate drinking may be linked to a lower risk of some, but not all, heart conditions a large study from England suggests.
Men and women in the study who drank moderate amounts of alcohol were less likely to be diagnosed with chest pain (angina), stroke, heart failure and peripheral artery disease (a reduction in blood flow to the legs and arms) than people who never drank, the researchers found.

In the study, moderate drinking was considered as no more than 14 "units" of alcohol a week. One unit of alcohol is defined as 8 grams of pure alcohol, according to the U.K.'s National Health Services. A pint of beer is equal to 3 units of alcohol, while a glass of wine is about 2 units. [Here's How Much Alcohol Is OK to Drink in 19 Countries]
But compared to moderate drinking, heavy drinking was linked to an increased risk of heart conditions, including cardiac arrest, stroke, heart failure and peripheral artery disease.
People who never drink should not take up the habit to prevent these heart problems, the researchers said. There are safer ways to improve heart health, such as exercising and quitting smoking, that don't come with the risks of alcohol, they noted.

(Deuteronomy 23:12, 13) . . .A private place should be designated for use outside the camp, and there is where you should go. 13 A peg should be part of your equipment. When you squat outside, you should dig a hole with it and then cover your excrement.

Ancient Poo Is The First-Ever Confirmation Hippocrates Was Right About Parasites
Little is known about infectious disease and parasites in the prehistoric inhabitants of the islands of the Aegean, in contrast to later time periods. It is only with the development of Greek medical texts in the 5th and 4th centuries BCE we start to find evidence for the diseases that affected the population of region.

Whipworms and roundworms can live inside human intestines, Mitchell said, where they absorb nutrients from our food and produce thousands of eggs each day. Infections spread through contact with the host's poo, since the poo contains the eggs.

Numbers 19
The importance of good quality drinking water has been established for years. However, the importance of proper sanitation was not understood until the 19th century.

(Leviticus 19:18) . . .“‘You must not take vengeance nor hold a grudge against the sons of your people, and you must love your fellow man as yourself. . . .
Forgiveness Is Good For Your Health
8 Benefits of Forgiveness, Backed by Science
1. Holding a grudge stresses out your entire body
2. Forgiving is good for your heart

There is a whole heap more, and I see no good reason to write a book on these forums.
The Bible's laws and principles on sexual morality, spiritual education, communication skill, and a whole list of other things - including a whole history dug up by archaeologists.

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Give me verses that tell of things once thought wrong or just a fable that have now been shown to be truth.
Well, there's the one where Jesus refuses to wash his hands before eating (that's in Mark 7), an uncanny anticipation of germ theory ... ( *What? Not now, I'm ... oh. Are you sure? Oh ...*) Sorry, I just have to check something.