• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there Two Creation Events in Genesis?

Muffled

Jesus in me
The scripture draws it's own conclusion and doesn't need my opinion.

Where did I say you were scripturally incorrect?

I believe if the scripture draws its own conclusion then why does my pastor have a same story view and I have a two story view.

John D. Brey

Those preserved from the flood are those “after his kind” and those destroyed are of the creation from the dust of the earth. There is a significance in making the distinction of those “after heir kind” and those from the dust of the earth. I find this hard to call coincidence.

Any thoughts?

Most commentary that distinguishes between the two creations tends to find the first account problematic such that it's that creation that's of questionable holiness. The second account is the sanctified one; and might even be the first account, since the Torah isn't always chronological.

That said, it seems problematic that those created from the dust would be the ones destroyed in the flood? It seems like it should be those in the likeness of the elohim?

John

Muffled

Jesus in me
Most commentary that distinguishes between the two creations tends to find the first account problematic such that it's that creation that's of questionable holiness. The second account is the sanctified one; and might even be the first account, since the Torah isn't always chronological.

That said, it seems problematic that those created from the dust would be the ones destroyed in the flood? It seems like it should be those in the likeness of the elohim?

John

I believe people who question God's holiness are starting out with problems that skew their views.

I believe that is due to writers. However it is not safe to assume that Moses did not remember the account in order and the accounts themselves reveal a disparity in time with the first account first in time and the second account later in time.

I believe the contrary is true. A people selected to be God's people are going to get God's attention more than a people not selected.

I believe the people of God are in the likeness of God but that does not mean physically because God doesn't have a body.