• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are There some types of people you just don't like?

Cooky

Veteran Member
I was just curious if there are some kind of traits in other people that you just don't like. I've heard people before say that they reject feelings of guilt, and don't approve of those who take guilt too seriously (I thought that was interesting)... Maybe people who stand too close to you, or overtalkers, or those who go off on political tangents at work, or posters who can never be wrong, or people who assume too much, etc., tend to provoke feelings of anxiety?

I was wondering if people could pick out and describe that one attitude type that they despise most of all. Thanks.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
As I'm on RF, I think I've established that I can stand pretty much every class of person.

Cooky

Veteran Member
As I'm on RF, I think I've established that I can stand pretty much every class of person.

That's a very commendable trait. :thumbsup:
But I'm going off the rails here and heading into 'negative' territory. ;)

Surely there must be one thing that you dislike the most..?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Bu r surely there must be one thing that you dislike the most..?

But you're allowed to dislike some, even if you can tolerate'm.
I'm not sure I 'dislike' anyone on here, honestly. I try to see everyone as a human being with their own lives. Most people are fundamentally decent people, or trying to be, even if they come across otherwise. I have the lowest tolerance for preachers on here, but even they are trying do do what they consider a good thing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm not sure I 'dislike' anyone on here, honestly. I try to see everyone as a human being with their own lives. Most people are fundamentally decent people, or trying to be, even if they come across otherwise. I have the lowest tolerance for preachers on here, but even they are trying do do what they consider a good thing.
But human beings are the most hateful kind of humans.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
For me, it's the willfully ignorant, intellectually dishonest, and scientifically illiterate, especially those who are smug and prideful about it. Just...why?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I was just curious if there are some kind of traits in other people that you just don't like. I've heard people before say that they reject feelings of guilt, and don't approve of those who take guilt too seriously (I thought that was interesting)... Maybe people who stand too close to you, or overtalkers, or those who go off on political tangents at work, or posters who can never be wrong, or people who assume too much, etc., tend to provoke feelings of anxiety?

I was wondering if people could pick out and describe that one attitude type that they despise most of all. Thanks.
I used to hold a bias against attitudes until I realized it's just another aspect of nature.

I think whatever storm goes on inside somebody's brain is just an extension of that. No more less an attitude I would have say against a snow storm, or a thunderstorm, or any type of weather.

If somebody comes across as stormy in some fashion, I just look at it that way.

You could say I just have an umbrella now. ;0)

Cooky

Veteran Member
I used to hold a bias against attitudes until I realized it's just another aspect of nature.

I think whatever storm goes on inside somebody's brain is just an extension of that. No more less an attitude I would have say against a snow storm, or a thunderstorm, or any type of weather.

If somebody comes across as stormy in some fashion, I just look at it that way.

You could say I just have an umbrella now. ;0)

I feel that way too. But still, there are traits I appreciate more than others, and I struggle coming to terms with exactly which ones I appreciate the least.

But I think it's good to know what bothers people... Even if it's just a slight bother.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
One attitude I despise most of all....let me see....

Oh yes, "Don't give me facts, I already know what I know, and you can't change my mind!" When asked to consider some evidence that contradicts what they "know," for a few seconds they look like a groundhog doing calculus, then quickly give up and claim the question doesn't matter, and they remain firm in their belief.

If it were allowed, I think I might want to feed that person to the groundhog, who, fortunately for them, remains steadfastly vegetarian (and ignorant of calculus).

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Demanders of conformity, and those that talk so far beyond you and past you that they won't address the conversation in any practical and reasonable way.

Superiority complexes whereas people that lack all humility, and despise you.

I have no gripe with people that are more intelligent. It's in the way that you use it!

Intelligence with noble character is the mark of the wise and worthy. Intelligence without character is just plain awful.

Good character with low intelligence is just a disability. I have no qualms.

amorphous_constellation

I was just curious if there are some kind of traits in other people that you just don't like.

Yeah, of course. I'm one of those people who tends to be pretty discriminating when it comes to content of character, and I don't really need many friends. In real life I mean - I don't think what a poster could say would ever bother me. So then, I couldn't really see myself getting in a band anymore, or having some kind of real close pals that I need to do things with every week. It seems like most people eventually rub me the wrong way, in one way or another. Maybe it has to do with the 'passive-aggressive' kind of culture we have here in the midwest, as everyone is constantly measuring the next person and trying to hide it. Sometimes though, blatant rudeness and complaining has annoyed me as well. I've tried to ignore all those things, but they end up being sticking points whether I address them or not. Even if I ignore the sour loads of opinions just for the sake of company, I still end up remembering those things, and they leave too much of a bad taste in my head

I've heard people before say that they reject feelings of guilt, and don't approve of those who take guilt too seriously (I thought that was interesting)...

That I don't get

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Anyone who insults my intelligence gets me. I don't like being asked the same question multiple times in different ways because it sounds like interrogation. I honestly dislike questions in general because it takes me awhile to process it and about time I process it, either the conversation has stopped or they over talk me.

Online, not really too many things gets me like in person. Conversation topics linger and some opinions but since it's repeated often, most of the opinions online I'm just surprised people "really think" this way offline. It challenges me not to see other people like that who follow similar values and personality since everyone is unique. Trying to give the benefit of the doubt can be positive and it could also be denial of not seeing things as they really are. People really do, think that way.