• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there people in RF who see them self as prophets of mankind?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Have you thought about that maybe some people see them self as prophet of some sort who are within this forum? Would it be ok if a true prophet actually did become member?

And No i am not thinking i am one :D i would be a very confused prophet :p

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh yes. More than one.

If the 'true prophet' did not proselytize, and otherwise follows the rules, then they would be fine on RF.

On the other hand, many people who think of themselves as prophets or world-savers find themselves in violation of rule 8.

8. Preaching/Proselytizing
Creating (or linking to) content intended to convert/recruit others to your religion, spirituality, sect/denomination, or lack thereof is not permitted. Similarly, attempting to convert others away from their religion, spiritual convictions, or sect/denomination will also be considered a form of preaching. Stating opinions as a definitive matter of fact (i.e., without "I believe/feel/think" language, and/or without references) may be moderated as preaching.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Someone who think he/she is sent by God or think they have a message from God to humanity

Then there is a thin line between prophet and wacko...just sayin'. A prophet need not be so ephemeral or esoteric. A prophet, a Rabbi once told me, may simply be someone who sees things more clearly than others.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Someone who think he/she is sent by God or think they have a message from God to humanity

This excludes anyone who isn't a member of a religion that honors the one-god of the Bible. I guess I'm out by definition, then. Which is fine, because the word "prophet" doesn't really apply well within Pagan religions anyway. If you want a message from the gods, develop a relationship with them for yourself. That words are a reflection of the gods doesn't give me or anyone else any kind of special status. Anyone can do it, and everyone speaks messages from the gods in my view.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Have you thought about that maybe some people see them self as prophet of some sort who are within this forum? Would it be ok if a true prophet actually did become member?

I used to in my youth (18-29) but with age came knowledge and now I don't even believe in prophets

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

A lot of people tend to feel they are responsible to "declare the word of jesus" as prophets do. Other than that, no.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
This excludes anyone who isn't a member of a religion that honors the one-god of the Bible. I guess I'm out by definition, then. Which is fine, because the word "prophet" doesn't really apply well within Pagan religions anyway. If you want a message from the gods, develop a relationship with them for yourself. That words are a reflection of the gods doesn't give me or anyone else any kind of special status. Anyone can do it, and everyone speaks messages from the gods in my view.
I would say Abrahamic that speak most about prophets

WhyIsThatSo

|

It's (prophet) a dirty job, but somebody has to do it..
and the opposite of one (prophet)…..is a FALSE one.

Cooky

Veteran Member
|

It's (prophet) a dirty job, but somebody has to do it..
and the opposite of one (prophet)…..is a FALSE one.

I don't think anyone on this forum is or has ever been a prophet. Because prophet's get messages directly from God, not from books, and they can predict future events.

...But I've seen a lot of people who *pretend* to be prophets. For they tend to use old, outdated words like thus, and say wildly obnoxious things about others for whom they disagree. ;)