• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there Hellenistic religious believers today (Greek Mythology believers)

Clarky

Pope Of Antitheism
Prometheus has always been of deep interest to me. I find Greek mythology and religion to be fascinating. I don't think it coincidental that the society which produced these myths also spawned the pre-Socratics.

Certainly one of the more interest characters of the Greek religion. I am in the same boat as you (especially as I am studying Ancient History at University).

Frolicking_Fox

Artemis, Athena, and Buddha. Anarcho-Communist.
What up all! I am Buddhist/Hellenist. I follow the teachings of Buddha, and believe in the gods of Greece. I primarily worship Ares and Artemis.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
Sure. I was a Greek polytheist before converting to Buddhism. I didn't abandon my gods when I came to this path. I asked them to bless my endeavor and honor my choice to undertake the cause of alleviating suffering for all sentient beings.

They have since shown me they are still with me in many ways. I also find this interesting because not many Buddhists have venerated the gods in their Greek imagery since the ancient Hellenistic Buddhism. I have different perspectives about the gods as a Buddhist than many Greek polytheists likely would.

Apollo is still my patron, and he still guides me even being a Buddhist. I have very attuned psychic intuition ever since he introduced himself into my life as my patron. That hasn't changed at all.

When you look up to the sky you should not be tempted to worship anything in it... not sun, not moon, not stars... i guess the different apparences of the sky include this commandment..

I am not running an sermon here...

Quoting the bible, yes!!
Answering with quotes from the bible, yes!!
Rebuke, yes!!

If i quote another book then the bible would you pick on me??
If i quote an essey !

If I run a sermon I wouldn't do it over the internet.

'No never'

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I am not running an sermon here...

Quoting the bible, yes!!
Answering with quotes from the bible, yes!!
Rebuke, yes!!

If i quote another book then the bible would you pick on me??
If i quote an essey !

If I run a sermon I wouldn't do it over the internet.

'No never'
The thread was asking if there's followers of Hellenic religion here and you start talking about Christianity in a rude way. Are you trolling?