• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are There Any Scientific Studies That Teaching Evolution....

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Are there any scientific studies that support the notion that teaching evolution to kids harms the kids? Or is that notion just silly?

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Several published studies of what "God" thinks on the subject demonstrate that teaching evolution can harm children by forcing the Lord to send their everlasting souls to Hell for eternal torture and/or damnation.

You need to keep up with the science, Phil.

Somkid

I think it rates under "just silly". I think if children attend private religious schools its ok in a way (I don't condone mystical teaching to anyone as "education") but defiantly not in public schools or private schools of a nonreligious nature.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
What I think is 'just silly', is that people really believe that evolution will somehow harm their children :areyoucra

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
The context that it might harm their religious beliefs, perhaps?
In a roundabout way, yes. Once a person is convinced that the actual out-there "God" has written or had written a literal account of the the manner in which the physical reality we experience came to be, right down to the animals and plants, then anything that might call that into question is unnatural and must be suppressed.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
doppelgänger;1067147 said:
In a roundabout way, yes. Once a person is convinced that the actual out-there "God" has written or had written a literal account of the the manner in which the physical reality we experience came to be, right down to the animals and plants, then anything that might call that into question is unnatural and must be suppressed.

There is also the existential malaise that can come from having "God" removed from an important piece of someone's reality. "God" is a powerful symbol and a keystone in many people's understanding of their origin.

doppelgänger;1067015 said:
Several published studies of what "God" thinks on the subject demonstrate that teaching evolution can harm children by forcing the Lord to send their everlasting souls to Hell for eternal torture and/or damnation.
Any citations or sources, so that we may read as well?
Besides, evolution has absolutely nada to do with damnation. Totally irrelevant.

doppelgänger;1067087 said:
Actually, in certain contexts, it's completely rational.
How so?