• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there any Monotheists that believe that God is female?

Do you believe that God is female?

• Total voters

Cooky

Veteran Member
God on Earth does have female parts. Breasts are symbolized by mountains in the scriptures. Zechariah 6:1. "...four chariots came out from between two mountains; and the mountains were mountains of brass". This verse means that it came from the heart, and it ended the Cold War. Zechariah 6:8. The horn is a phallic symbol, and a little horn represents a woman. Daniel 7:8, Job 16:15. God also has a womb. Job 38:29. "Out of whose womb came the ice?"

So the mountains are Gods boobs..?

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
Śākta Hinduism, as Vinayaka mentioned. :)

And, I suppose, some smaller religious groups. Dianic Wicca can sometimes be monotheistic, from what I've been told.

There are different Dianic witchcraft traditions, unrelated to one another. There is MacFarland Dianic aka Old Dianic which venerates a supreme goddess with a male consort. Initiates are both male and female, though afaik covens are matrifocal and matrilineal.

The more widely known form of Dianic, due to its founder being an author and feminist activist, is Z Budapest's Dianic which only accepts "naturally born women" and is openly rejects transgender women (A Budapest certainly does, there is probably a range of opinions among individual followers).

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
The Christian/Jewish God is not gendered in as much as God is SPIRIT.

Spirit is neither male or female, man nor woman.

We, as humans, genderize entities for our own purposes. French language almost always adds gender to all things. A table (La Table) is female because you can ‘lay it’… A car is female (La Voiture) because you can ‘go into it’! The game of football is male (‘Le Football’) cos it’s got balls!!! In French a Ship (Navire) is MALE but the origin in Latin (Navis) is Male… but in English it is Female… hence we call a ship ‘She’ because sea men go into her!

Genderisation is for identification - God does not need to identify entities that he made.

When God made the animals and insects and all the other Flora and Forna he did create two types that complemented each other as a single species. In general this is so that procreation was to take place between the two types and by means of a third party element (Wind or insect pollination, for example). This way a vast variety will ensue… slight variety differences that safeguard against negative environmental changes or disease infestation.

But none of these primary and secondary entities were made in the image of God. Even high level primary animals like apes are built on the secondary procreational platform. God created man (An Adam: red earth) in his (God’s) own image: NON-GENDERED.

Hold up… hold up… I hear you screaming that ‘Man’ is make gender!!!!

Stop!! No!! ‘Man’ is short for ‘Mankind’. It is not gendered. And, note CAREFULLY!! The Adam was ANDROGYNOUS! Adam was made with ALL THE PROCREATIONAL ELEMENTS in ‘the Adam’ (I will later use ‘Him’ only for want of a non-gendered term).

Read your Bible and you will see that God asked the Adam to choose a companion: this was not a sexual procreational partner but a helper only. ‘The Adam’ found no creation of God that pleases him so God DECIDED to MAKE a companion for Him. God, in typical wisdom, put the Adam ‘to sleep’ and took out of Him certain TRAITS (the Bible writer used the term ‘Rib’) and fashioned them into a second ‘Adam’ which the first Adam called ‘WO-MAN’.

‘WO-MAN’ is a Hebrew word meaning: ‘Taken out of Man’. Again, don’t confuse the term ‘Man’ as meaning ‘Male’ here in this sentence. It is the next thing that matters - here is the change:
BECAUSE there is now a SEPARATION INTO TWO TYPES OF ADAM there is NOW a need to differentiate: The Primary Adam is NOW MALE and the secondary Adam is FE-MALE.

And God told the two types of Adams that they need to come together and unite themselves in order to procreate.

Again, note carefully that it was the PRIMARY ADAM who was to lead: you cannot have two masters… there must always be a top and bottom, an up and a down, an in and an out, a back and a front, a head and a foot, a start and an end, a master and a servant, a served and a server: The two are ‘of themselves’ : Proper union requires proper order of meshing.

So, NOW we identify each type of Adam by Gender: male and female; He and She; Him and Her…. Boy and girl.

Note that we still use the word ‘Wo-Man’ as a singlet ‘Woman’. And I guarantee that 95% of the mass of people dk not know what ‘Wo[-]Man’ means because it is so common just to say, ‘Woman’ of an adult female!

Please learn here: ‘WO-MAN’ (Woman) means:
  • Taken out of Man
So the point of the above exposition is ti show that originally there was no GENDER in the ‘Image of God’ and therefore there was no Gender in God.

Point of fact, the holy and heavenly angels are non-gendered. They have no procreational aspects - they are Spirits. The Bible says that in the new world to come there will be no ‘marrying’ (between Adams - in mankind!!) because humans will be ‘Like the angels who do not marry’.

The verse is being discreet because the Bible translators didn’t want to seem salacious and we know that the word ‘Marriage’ is a euphemism for ‘Sexual intercourse’…. And what use are genitals if there is no such things as sexual intercourse.

So, no! God is not gendered - is neither male or female because such differentiations are only worthy in the created physical earthly realm.

God is Spirit and Spirits require no gender!

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Are there any Monotheists that believe that God is female? I do not believe this, but I am curious to see who does and why?
There is no monotheism among Hindus. But hundreds of millions of people have Mother Goddesses as their chosen deity. Durga in Bengal, Adi Shakti in Tamilnadu, Chamunda in the earstwhile Jodhpur state, Karni in earstwhile Bikaner state, etc.

Soapy

There is no monotheism among Hindus. But hundreds of millions of people have Mother Goddesses as their chosen deity. Durga in Bengal, Adi Shakti in Tamilnadu, Chamunda in the earstwhile Jodhpur state, Karni in earstwhile Bikaner state, etc.
Thank YHWH, our one and only God, that he is the one and only God.

If you think about it, what is more glorious and more brilliant, and shows complete mightiness, power, and authority, than ONE GOD, one Father*, one master and king?

Surely it is an invitation for confusion and division if there is more than one? Should one of a multiple godhead says to you: ‘Do this’ and yet another of the godhead says, ‘Do that’… which should you do? Who do you obey?

In Christianity… in TRINITARIAN Christianity… the ideology of THREE EQUALLY powerful ‘PERSONS’ as the professed ONE ONLY GOD is so awful as an ideology that it surely bears testament to its fallacy! As seen from the previous paragraph; Why would there be a need for THREE authorities if they were all ABSOLUTE POWER AND MASTERY? Who says what to you… which one decides?

You will quickly realise that this is why trinitarian Christian’s break down their ONE ONLY GOD into three RANKS while still trying to claim they are all THE SAME! Clearly that cannot be true: They claim the Father as first in rank…. THERE CAN BE NO RANK AMONG EQUALS… and further to that, it’s not about being EQUAL… the claim is that they are all THE SAME… they are all three the ONE GOD… How can there be a division amongst a SINGLE UNITY!

What the reality is, is that as people began questioning the trinity, Trinitarians adjusted their ideology to attempt to answer and preserve it. Of course, that meant denying things they previously claimed: For instance, since we celebrate (in mourning) the DEATH of Jesus Christ, whom Trinitarians claim IS that one God, how could they claim that ‘God did not die!’. What they do is to claim that ‘Jesus was in a human capacity at that time’!!! So Jesus STOPPED BEING GOD… according to Trinitarians… who then say, ‘But he REMAINED BEING GOD …’ even as he died as God!

Testament again, Who raised up Jesus-GOD from the grave. Trinitarians say Jesus-Hod raised himself up from the dead citing a verse that says, ‘I will raise up this temple in three days…’ ‘the temple meaning his body’ a suspiciously worded subscript goes on to say!

Examine that verse and you will discover that Jesus DID NOT MAKE A CLAIM to raising HIMSELF from the grave. What he referred to was the body of the CHURCH he had founded. You see this that after Jesus died, his congregation scattered in disbelief… their leader was gone! How could they have believed in a fake messiah, they muttered amongst themselves… But, after three days being DEAD, scriptures states in many places that it was THE FATHER who raised up Jesus from the DEAD… (DEAD!!! Jesus was DEAD!!!) I know it says also that the Spirit of God raised him up but you understand that ‘The Spirit of God’ is the ‘Spirit of the Father’ because the Father, and the Father alone, IS GOD… it is HIS SPIRIT, his HOLY SPIRIT**, that is the motive force and energy that does his works…. Trinitarians deny this and claim that the spirit is one of the three persons of the trinity - ask them to prove that from scriptures … they fail totally and dismally so!

• * ‘Father’ means;
    • He who creates
    • He who brings forth that which was not in existence
    • He that gives life to something
    • He that is the head
  • **Holy Spirit: In reading the scriptures and in writings and references to the spirit of God, you will see that Trinitarians (and many other Christians) use the extended term, ‘Holy… Spirit’. The truth is that we need only say ‘Spirit’ but in order to distinguish reference to any other Spirit, the ‘Holy’ is added as an exemplary: God is Holy; therefore his Spirit is also Holy!! Trinitarians use the term ‘Holy Spirit’ as though it is a NAME for their claimed third lowest ranked ALMIGHTY person in their claimed one God!

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I know all about 'One God' and the 'Trinity'. I would be thankful to you if you could give me just one little proof of his existence rather than writing pages and pages in his praise.

Soapy

I know all about 'One God' and the 'Trinity'. I would be thankful to you if you could give me just one little proof of his existence rather than writing pages and pages in his praise.
One proof: You exist…

Soapy

Me and my brothers exist because of the doings of my parents. God was nowhere involved. I am not Jesus and my brother is not James.
A Person is Spirit encased in a body.

The spirit of a person is made by God.

The body of a person is made from ‘dust of the earth’.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
I don't know if Deanists of Filianists were mentioned, but they view God as exclusively female.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
A Person is Spirit encased in a body.
The spirit of a person is made by God.
The body of a person is made from ‘dust of the earth’.
That is your view. My view rejects God and spirit. The human body is a assemblage of molecules. It works till it works and then goes to the dump yard, just like an old car would. The car does not have a spirit and it is not made by any God or Allah but by workers at the car factory. No, the car is not made of 'dust of earth'. It is made of iron; and plastic compounds, leather, cloth (upholstery) and other materials.

Soapy

That is your view. My view rejects God and spirit. The human body is a assemblage of molecules. It works till it works and then goes to the dump yard, just like an old car would. The car does not have a spirit and it is not made by any God or Allah but by workers at the car factory. No, the car is not made of 'dust of earth'. It is made of iron; and plastic compounds, leather, cloth (upholstery) and other materials.
I think you should examine what you wrote closely.

You have, in effect, just repeated exactly what I said to you.

Here are some pointers:
“The human body is a assemblage of molecules. It works till it works and then goes to the dump yard, just like an old car would”
That’s what I said. ‘Molecules, atoms, particles,… ‘ are ‘Dust of the earth’!
”The car does not have a spirit”
That is a vain attempt at disingenuousness. Of course there IS NO SPIRIT IN THE CAR when it is made… The SPIRIT is the PERSON who gets into the car to CONTROL it… to use its facilities… to DRIVE IT and care for its well being by washing dirt to prevent rust that damages the skin, to add oil to prevent metal parts grinding and coming apart or jamming, to feed it with petrol to give it workable energy, to wake it up by starting it and driving it, steering it from location to location. … This is what the what the SPIRIT of a person does for the inert body. The Car by itself, can do nothing (Even up-and-coming self-driving vehicles only operate at the instigation of a CONTROLLER)
it is not made by any God or Allah but by workers at the car factory.
Who do you think DEVISED the creation of the car? Did it do it itself? No, an INTELLIGENCE devised it…. And yes, WORKERS built what the designer intelligence devised.
In case you are going to argue about pettiness and exactness, consider this claim:
  • Elon Musk built a rocketship to take people on adventures in space tourism”
Would you say that the claim is true? The hint is in the bold text!!!

Im going to wait for your answer to that?

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
My one God has masculine and feminine Aspects and some creator Gods were seen by Ancient Egyptians as being androgynous, such as Nit.

Soapy

My one God has masculine and feminine Aspects and some creator Gods were seen by Ancient Egyptians as being androgynous, such as Nit.
So you have a personal and individual God?

And the next person has their own personal and individual God?

And therefore, by this, everyone has their own personal and individual God?

What happens to your personal and individual God when you no longer exist? Does your God also become nonexistent?

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
So you have a personal and individual God?

And the next person has their own personal and individual God?

And therefore, by this, everyone has their own personal and individual God?

What happens to your personal and individual God when you no longer exist? Does your God also become nonexistent?
I meant 'my' in the sense of 'The God I worship'.

The God you worship is your God.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
That’s what I said. ‘Molecules, atoms, particles,… ‘ are ‘Dust of the earth’!
Who do you think DEVISED the creation of the car? Did it do it itself? No, an INTELLIGENCE devised it…. And yes, WORKERS built what the designer intelligence devised.
Elon Musk built a rocketship to take people on adventures in space tourism”
The first car design was patented in the name of Carl Benz in 1886. Cars were not created by any God. In 1908, they were mass-produced by Ford Motor Company (Model T).
No. Elon Musk did not build any rocketship. He is the founder and CEO of SpaceX. His company Space Exploration Technologies Corp. got many types of space vehicles built with the help of many scientists, engineers and other workers.
One can go and meet Elon Musk and descendants of Karl Benz, while God/Gods/Goddesses are product of human imagination just like Cthulhu or FSM.
What next? :)