• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there any Heathens here?

hansthompson

Hi! I am just starting my Asatru journey and was wondering if there were any other Heathens I could speak with? If so, please respond on this post and/or just message me. Thanks!

-Hans

VioletVortex

I used to be a spiritual Heathen, but now, I am simply a cultural Heathen. I identify with Norse culture, and I appreciate and find meaning in the symbolism of the religion, however, at the core, I am a Satanist. One could possibly say I'm a soft Norse Polytheist.

There are a few hardcore Heathens here, but most of them are not very active posters, so discussions involving Hethenry can be pretty hard to come by here.

Try PMing Moonbear or Nietzsche.

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
I'm not a Norse Pagan specifically, but I do believe in the Norse gods and would like to learn more about them. Glad to see more Pagans finding their way here, welcome!

As his carrier pigeon I give you express permission to pester @Nietzsche if you need anything specifically Norse related. He'd be more than happy to chit chat.

Cassandra

Hi! I am just starting my Asatru journey and was wondering if there were any other Heathens I could speak with? If so, please respond on this post and/or just message me. Thanks!

-Hans
Hi Hans,

Great you have interest in Asatru. There are some fine communities out there dedicated to Asatru that can give you information.

But I do not think it is a good example for young boys to invite strangers for personal messaging on Internet sites. As it happens 15 year old boys are the prime target of religious predators as young boys are full of uncertainties and looking for relations. On the Internet and this site too, there are good people but also all kinds of folks who are not what they pretend to be. It takes experience to see the difference and even then you can be fooled. I would personally not even assume you are for real, all though I hope you are.

Very kind people may not always be your best friends, and also keep in mind that religious predators can also work in teams and know the desires of young boys to have discussions and have developed all kind of tactics, like one attacks you and another comes to your rescue to create a bond. If you are 15 years old, you are no match. On the Internet you should not trust anyone nor share personal information. In fact you should rather be suspicious of people freely sharing very personal information as that is often done to lure others to do the same. They like to tell about problems others might also have to create a bond.

Study Asatru on your own, if you feel it resonates with you go to real life meetings, for instance you can meet people on Pagan pop festivals with similar interests who can advise you further. If there are questions about Asatru post them here on the DIR. The advantage is that you will get various answers creating a more nuanced picture that may help you determine your own position. Because in order to become a strong individual you want to determine your own position. Pagans share values and traditions, but do not follow any doctrine, so their ideas vary. When you are 15 years old, there is strong need to belong somewhere, but try to find yourself first. That way you can develop into a true individual that is nobodies fool.

Last edited:

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Hi Hans,

Great you have interest in Asatru. There are some fine communities out there dedicated to Asatru that can give you information.

But I do not think it is a good example for young boys to invite strangers for personal messaging on Internet sites. As it happens 15 year old boys are the prime target of religious predators as young boys are full of uncertainties and looking for relations. On the Internet and this site too, there are good people but also all kinds of folks who are not what they pretend to be. It takes experience to see the difference and even then you can be fooled. I would personally not even assume you are for real, all though I hope you are.

Very kind people may not always be your best friends, and also keep in mind that religious predators can also work in teams and know the desires of young boys to have discussions and have developed all kind of tactics, like one attacks you and another comes to your rescue to create a bond. If you are 15 years old, you are no match. On the Internet you should not trust anyone nor share personal information. In fact you should rather be suspicious of people freely sharing very personal information as that is often done to lure others to do the same. They like to tell about problems others might also have to create a bond.

Study Asatru on your own, if you feel it resonates with you go to real life meetings, for instance you can meet people on Pagan pop festivals with similar interests who can advise you further. If there are questions about Asatru post them here on the DIR. The advantage is that you will get various answers creating a more nuanced picture that may help you determine your own position. Because in order to become a strong individual you want to determine your own position. Pagans share values and traditions, but do not follow any doctrine, so their ideas vary. When you are 15 years old, there is strong need to belong somewhere, but try to find yourself first. That way you can develop into a true individual that is nobodies fool.
The early 2000s want to know when you'll be returning their views on internet communities.

Treks

-Hans

G'day Hans

I've been learning about Heathenry on-and-off all year. Early on it became apparent that ancestors hold a huge place in Heathenry. Do you know much about your family history/heritage? It's not essential, but it can be a great starting place to lay some of the foundations of the Heathen worldview. Heathenry is more of a bottom-up religion, rather than top-down. That is to say, your home, your yard, your family, your community, build up towards the gods. Rather than the gods coming down with a noodly appendage to touch just the special ones.

Since you're new I'm not sure how much you know, so forgive me for asking. Do you know about the other types of Heathenry beyond Asatru and Norse Heathenry?

Ulfnar.com

Hi Hans,

I'm a practicing heathen, but like the other post says you have to be a bit careful on the internet, it's hard to know who's out there.
But if you're on Facebook there are a couple of good communitie, in the States I'd recommended Followers of the old ways, in Europe Asatru Uk is a good place to start, both are fairly safe non discriminatory communities and good places for new folk to ask questions, without being ridiculed unlike on some heathen sites.