• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there any Flat Earth believers here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Regardless of all the nonsense that you just said, and regardless of how they feel about the earth being flat — everything that they said about evolution is an irrefutable fact.

I deal with facts. Regardless of who or where they come from. Because at the end of the day, facts are facts, and facts are universal.
I wrote no nonsense. You used a dishonest source. I do not respond to dishonest sources. And no you do not deal with facts. I do wish that you would quit making such obviously false claims.

Since your science education is almost nonexistent would you like to start on the scientific method first? We can go on to evidence once you understand that concept.

Tazarah

You brought up a Gish Gallop, an improper way of debating. I would forget it since it is a dishonest way of debating refuting one claim refutes them all.

Well, when I asked you to answer only one of the points that I raised, you simply labeled it as nonsense and then asked to not talk about it anymore. Remember that?

You just don’t like dealing with facts and you look for ways to get around them, but so far that approach has not been working too well for you.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
“The four seasons and weather on a flat earth can be easily explained and understood, and it perfectly explains what we actually see and experience.

The sun is close and small and circles around and above the flat earth in a spiral pattern on the Tropic of Cancer in the Northern Summer months, and then down to the Tropic of Capricorn in the Northern Winter Months. So when the sun is further away from the North Pole, it’s winter in the north and summer in the south.

In the winter months as the sun circles on the Tropic of Capricorn it moves faster because it has farther to go in a 24 hour period. So that is why in winter the days are shorter and the sun is farther down in the sky, because it is father away on the Tropic of Capricorn.

The sun’s movement above flat earth also explains the 24-hour days in the summer and the endless nights in winter near the North Pole. As the sun circles around the flat earth on the Tropic of Cancer, it is visible 24 hours a day to those who live near the center of its daily circle.

Time Lapse of the Sun Proves Flat Earth (With clip of 24-hour Arctic Sun)

The flat earth is an enclosed terrarium in which the sun’s path, the environment, and water create the water cycle of respiration, evaporation, and precipitation. This makes perfect sense on a flat enclosed earth with a small, close sun creating constant temperature changes as it circles above and around the flat earth.

These constant changes create weather. Weather is created by the close heat of the sun as it heats the water and the air. Masses of warm and cold air then move from place to place, creating winds. Because the sun is a close, small heat source, the water and air heat up fast and the cool down again as the sun moves away at night time. The constant heating and cooling of the air and water inside the enclosed flat earth terrarium create constant air movement and weather changes.

This also creates changes in day and night temperatures and the drastic temperatures and changes we see in the seasons throughout the year.”

Seasons Explained on Flat Earth-Animation

Flat Earth: Evidence of the Sun’s Path

Flat Earth Precision- Seasons, Time Zones, and Star Trails

The inverse square law refutes almost everything that you just posted.

Tazarah

I wrote no nonsense. You used a dishonest source. I do not respond to dishonest sources. And no you do not deal with facts. I do wish that you would quit making such obviously false claims.

Since your science education is almost nonexistent would you like to start on the scientific method first? We can go on to evidence once you understand that concept.

What part of what I posted is not factual? This is like the second or third time that I have asked you to refute the points that I have made, but you instead reply with ad homs and then try to change the subject.

Can you at least give a legitimate reason as to why I should continue to waste my time conversing with you?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well, when I asked you to answer only one of the points that I raised, you simply labeled it as nonsense and then asked to not talk about it anymore. Remember that?

You just don’t like dealing with facts and you look for ways to get around them, but so far that approach has not been working too well for you.
No,even then you wrote a bunch of nonsense.

Tell me,how much math education have you had? How much in the way of physics?

And please, you did not being up "facts". An inability to I understand sciences not make your claims facts.

Tazarah

No,even then you wrote a bunch of nonsense.

Tell me,how much math education have you had? How much in the way of physics?

And please, you did not being up "facts". An inability to I understand sciences not make your claims facts.

What part of the science did I not understand? Was it the part that you refused to post because you felt like I “wouldn’t understand” it?

LOL.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What part of the science did I not understand? Was it the part that you refused to post because you felt like I “wouldn’t understand” it?

LOL.
Almost all of it. You demonstrated that by relying on AiG and swallowing their BS.

Once again, let's go over the basics first. If you understand them it should not take long.

Tazarah

I'm not reading all of that. I just wondered what your answer to those things would be. I'm curious.

“The four seasons and weather on a flat earth can be easily explained and understood, and it perfectly explains what we actually see and experience.

The sun is close and small and circles around and above the flat earth in a spiral pattern on the Tropic of Cancer in the Northern Summer months, and then down to the Tropic of Capricorn in the Northern Winter Months. So when the sun is further away from the North Pole, it’s winter in the north and summer in the south.

In the winter months as the sun circles on the Tropic of Capricorn it moves faster because it has farther to go in a 24 hour period. So that is why in winter the days are shorter and the sun is farther down in the sky, because it is father away on the Tropic of Capricorn.

The sun’s movement above flat earth also explains the 24-hour days in the summer and the endless nights in winter near the North Pole. As the sun circles around the flat earth on the Tropic of Cancer, it is visible 24 hours a day to those who live near the center of its daily circle.

The flat earth is an enclosed terrarium in which the sun’s path, the environment, and water create the water cycle of respiration, evaporation, and precipitation. This makes perfect sense on a flat enclosed earth with a small, close sun creating constant temperature changes as it circles above and around the flat earth.

These constant changes create weather. Weather is created by the close heat of the sun as it heats the water and the air. Masses of warm and cold air then move from place to place, creating winds. Because the sun is a close, small heat source, the water and air heat up fast and the cool down again as the sun moves away at night time. The constant heating and cooling of the air and water inside the enclosed flat earth terrarium create constant air movement and weather changes.

This also creates changes in day and night temperatures and the drastic temperatures and changes we see in the seasons throughout the year.
Sorry, I don't watch videos by those ignorant of all of the sciences.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Tazarah

Sorry, I don't watch videos by those ignorant of all of the sciences.
Almost all of it. You demonstrated that by relying on AiG and swallowing their BS.

Once again, let's go over the basics first. If you understand them it should not take long.

You have already learned WAY more than you could ever teach me. Have a nice day, sir. Trying to reason with irrational people is extremely futile.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

This also creates changes in day and night temperatures and the drastic temperatures and changes we see in the seasons throughout the year.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!
Please, just because you rely on ignorant idiots is no excuse to run away from an offer of help.

Once again, proper sources must be used for a debate. People who cannot do math or science do not count as valid sources. Since your sources are trash you need to find a reliable way to support their claims.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You have already learned WAY more than you could ever teach me. Have a nice day, sir. Trying to reason with irrational people is extremely futile.
That is sad. I never said that you cannot learn,but amazingly your last sentence was the only correct one that you posted. You cannot reason rationally and you run away from offers to help.

Tazarah

That is sad. I never said that you cannot learn,but amazingly your last sentence was the only correct one that you posted. You cannot reason rationally and you run away from offers to help.

Whenever I need assistance reversing the accumulation of my intellect, I will be sure to reach out to you.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Whenever I need assistance reversing the accumulation of my current level of intellect, I will be sure to reach out to you.
You appear to not even have a high school level of understanding of the sciences. It is never too late to learn. You may be well educated in other areas, but science is not a tool that you can use yet. That is why your "facts" are not facts. As it is you would be beaten by many middle school students in that regard.

Why are you afraid to learn? The weak in faith are often afraid to learn.

siti

What part of it was funny? The part that you were unable to refute?
The part where you said a railway line in England was straight!

But honestly, if you want a rebuttal...assuming your math is correct (which I haven't bothered to check) and there is a straight line between London and Liverpool that passes through Birmingham (which there isn't but never mind) Birmingham would be approximately a mile above a point approximately midway between London and Liverpool and approximately a mile beneath the earth's curved surface. If the earth were flat, you would be able to see Birmingham from either London or Liverpool on a clear day - you can't of course because the earth is not flat and to be able to see Birmingham from sea level 90 miles away Birmingham would have to be a mile above sea level (assuming your calculation is correct) and it is - as you point out - only about 240 feet above sea level which means you'd only be able to see it from sea level within about 18 miles or so. If you don't believe me - the fare from London to Birmingham is eleven pounds on Virgin Trains - you can check for yourself. Or get on the London Eye and then figure out why you can only see about 25 miles from the top.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The part where you said a railway line in England was straight!

But honestly, if you want a rebuttal...assuming your math is correct (which I haven't bothered to check) and there is a straight line between London and Liverpool that passes through Birmingham (which there isn't but never mind) Birmingham would be approximately a mile above a point approximately midway between London and Liverpool and approximately a mile beneath the earth's curved surface. If the earth were flat, you would be able to see Birmingham from either London or Liverpool on a clear day - you can't of course because the earth is not flat and to be able to see Birmingham from sea level 90 miles away Birmingham would have to be a mile above sea level (assuming your calculation is correct) and it is - as you point out - only about 240 feet above sea level which means you'd only be able to see it from sea level within about 18 miles or so. If you don't believe me - the fare from London to Birmingham is eleven pounds on Virgin Trains - you can check for yourself. Or get on the London Eye and then figure out why you can only see about 25 miles from the top.

I am sure his math is terribly flawed. One of his arguments mentioned going uphill as one went down the Mississippi. He probably based that on the fact that the Earth is an oblate spheroid. Of course the Earth is not a perfect globe because it is spinning. That means a surface of equal potential bulges out as one approaches the equator. Math is totally missing from their toolbox.

Bob the Unbeliever

A belief in a Flat Earth is not that different from believing in creationism or the flood myth. All beliefs are based upon a literal reading of the Bible. I ask because the Flat Earth movement is now making even national news:

Warning, it may be a very good idea to put on oven mitts before watching the video.

This is one of the saddest videos I have ever seen.

It is even more sad that watching Joel Osteen fleece his flock to purchase yet another $150,000 supercar...

Bob the Unbeliever

A belief in a Flat Earth is not that different from believing in creationism or the flood myth. All beliefs are based upon a literal reading of the Bible. I ask because the Flat Earth movement is now making even national news:

Warning, it may be a very good idea to put on oven mitts before watching the video.

At the very end of the video:
"The earth is round, and you'll learn that the hard way, if you try and fly an airplane."

That triggered a memory of mine: For long distance air travel? As I recall, one of the corrections that pilots must make from time to time, is altitude adjustment. This is, if you travel through the atmosphere in a straight line, the earth's curvature will make the ground "drop away", or rather, by following a straight line, you will gain altitude with sufficiently long travel times. But this is even a thing in small, short trips-- I remember making a trip in a small, 5 person single engine airplane, from Tulsa to Wichita. And the constant adjustment of altitude by the pilot as we traveled that short distance.

Since airplanes are not naturally buoyant, like a balloon? They tend to travel in straight lines, unless the pilot makes corrective maneuvers using the controls.

So yeah... you could easily test for a flat earth, by maintaining a strict straight-line flight-- on a flat earth, your altitude would not change significantly, especially if you flew over the ocean.

But on a sphere? You'd have to make altitude corrections, to maintain the same height above the oceans. Which airplane pilots do.

Of course, taking a longish flight in an airplane, if the world was a flat, limited tea saucer? After 5-6 hours or so, you'd quickly come to an edge... unless, by magic, every single airplane launch automagically starts from the exact center? Or automagically turns (without the pilot's knowledge) to re-face back towards the center?

Gaaaahhh... I am saddened at the level of "Is Not"-ism among gullible and frankly, under-educated humans...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
At the very end of the video:
"The earth is round, and you'll learn that the hard way, if you try and fly an airplane."

That triggered a memory of mine: For long distance air travel? As I recall, one of the corrections that pilots must make from time to time, is altitude adjustment. This is, if you travel through the atmosphere in a straight line, the earth's curvature will make the ground "drop away", or rather, by following a straight line, you will gain altitude with sufficiently long travel times. But this is even a thing in small, short trips-- I remember making a trip in a small, 5 person single engine airplane, from Tulsa to Wichita. And the constant adjustment of altitude by the pilot as we traveled that short distance.

Since airplanes are not naturally buoyant, like a balloon? They tend to travel in straight lines, unless the pilot makes corrective maneuvers using the controls.

So yeah... you could easily test for a flat earth, by maintaining a strict straight-line flight-- on a flat earth, your altitude would not change significantly, especially if you flew over the ocean.

But on a sphere? You'd have to make altitude corrections, to maintain the same height above the oceans. Which airplane pilots do.

Of course, taking a longish flight in an airplane, if the world was a flat, limited tea saucer? After 5-6 hours or so, you'd quickly come to an edge... unless, by magic, every single airplane launch automagically starts from the exact center? Or automagically turns (without the pilot's knowledge) to re-face back towards the center?

Gaaaahhh... I am saddened at the level of "Is Not"-ism among gullible and frankly, under-educated humans...
I am not sure of the need of an altitude adjustment. The force of gravity is perpendicular to a plane and will keep it at the same level. And also, just as cars do not drive perfectly straight, a plane does not fly perfectly level. Even if there were adjustments for such a curve they would be smaller than adjustments for changes in updrafts, and continual human error in flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.