• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are theists more violent than atheists?

Are theists or atheists more violent?

• Theists are more violent

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Atheists are more violent

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Theists and atheists are equally violent

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • I don't know

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • We can't possibly know one way or another

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • This poll does not reflect my thinking

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters

capumetu

They don't but when they do? ;D

To me, its child abuse to impose a faith
that embraces such tpregressive anti intellectual beliefs on an innocentbchild.

Obviously at the point of a serious sin, Jehovah's witnesses comes out of harmony with God's will, under the law covenant, they would have been executed. Under the new covenant, repentance is an option. So if one of Jehovah's witnesses commits a serious sin now, just as in the law, they instantly are no longer one of His witnesses in His eyes, but they certainly can repent. Under the new covenant, it is the practice of sin that warrants destruction maam.

Audie

Veteran Member
Obviously at the point of a serious sin, Jehovah's witnesses comes out of harmony with God's will, under the law covenant, they would have been executed. Under the new covenant, repentance is an option. So if one of Jehovah's witnesses commits a serious sin now, just as in the law, they instantly are no longer one of His witnesses in His eyes, but they certainly can repent. Under the new covenant, it is the practice of sin that warrants destruction maam.

Obviously.
But
I was poinyingi out the
contradiction in you statement.

And pointing out that the jw faith itself is abusive.

capumetu

Actually, it won't, and you will never
find out it was all for nothing.

You may be very well right on that, but does it matter? If God doesn't exist, then we are simply a freak of nature given to live a few short years, what would be the point? We would simply be a fungus to the earth.

Audie

Veteran Member
You may be very well right on that, but does it matter? If God doesn't exist, then we are simply a freak of nature given to live a few short years, what would be the point? We would simply be a fungus to the earth.

Freaks and fungus. What a weird and sad attitude.

Human beings are a fantastic achievement.

Perhaps you reject the hard earned knowledge
that we developed from much lesser creatures,
up through primates who showed hints of what
they might become, walking upright but small
brained and very "apelike' faces, to the next and next steps.

The courage and pain, joys and struggles of men and women a million years ago-all that
you can live, now.

Do you think those countless generstions
never even existed, that for all of that they
finally produced freaks and fungus? Wow.

The dismissal and grotesque ingratitude is
near beyond belief.

If you think it doesn't matter if / that your faith takes you there and in the end gives you nothing, too bad for you. Incomprehensible to me, but, your choice.