• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are the translators of the NWT infallible?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
"Jehovah" is who made the heaven and the earth and the sea, and all that is in them. Who made the heaven, the earth, the sea and all that is in them is WHO to worship. I did not need to know God's name is Jehovah to worship HIM. Did you?

what does the Prophet Joel tell us?

Joel 2:32 And it must occur that everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will get away safe; for in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will prove to be the escaped ones, just as Jehovah has said, and in among the survivors, whom Jehovah is calling.”

it would appear that God wants us to call on his 'name'

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
what does the Prophet Joel tell us?

Joel 2:32 And it must occur that everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will get away safe; for in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will prove to be the escaped ones, just as Jehovah has said, and in among the survivors, whom Jehovah is calling.”

it would appear that God wants us to call on his 'name'

Yes. I know that to call on the MEANING of God's NAME and to call on the SOUND of God's NAME are different. I choose to call on the meaning. You seem to say it is not enough. Do I hear you correctly?

The meaning of God's NAME is present with me all the time. When I am writing about God it is not always יְהוָ֖ה Sometimes it is The Father of the lights that I write. Why do you think James did not write יְהוָ֖ה ?

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, for it comes down from the Father of the [celestial] lights, and with him there is not a variation of the turning of the shadow.

To call on the meaning of God's name for me is to wonder what God will have me do. If I do bad, the bad I do will cause offense to The Name. If I do good, the good I do (in the name of the son - because I am a Christian) will bring praise to The Name. I know God's Name in Jesus. Jesus name means יְהוָ֖ה is salvation. If I follow Jesus who is יְהוָ֖ה is salvation I will be calling on God's Name.

What is most important? God's name or God's will? Are they the same?