• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are the religionists all hypocrites?

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
Live and let live without forcing your own religious beliefs on another human being.

-___________________________________________________________________
please read matthew 24:14,if now is the last days som one will tell u the good news wether u wont it or not

For the sake of knowing what you mean I did look up Matthew 24:14 and read it. It says "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come"

Nowhere in that passage does it say "Force others to see that your belief is the only true religion." My interpretation is that people will preach about heaven throughout the world. Preaching can be done in churches or other buildings where people willingly converge to hear this information. Preaching can be done when a person goes from person to person and is accepted by these people in order for them to hear the information. Preaching does not include holding a gun to a person's head and saying "Believe this way or die" Nor is it when a person gets to a person and the said person does not want to hear about this information yet the supposed preaching person refuses to back down and let it go but continues to give the information against the other persons will.

I would like to let you know that I do not read the Bible out of habit but out of courtesy I did find mine so that I could voluntarily and willingly read the passage and give an educated opinion. This is not to say that I will or won't do so again. It depends on my mood. I also want you to know that if what you wanted was for me to read this passage and change my mind about how I feel, you failed. I will never believe it to be right for a person to force their beliefs unto another person.

FBI

Last edited:

belever

For the sake of knowing what you mean I did look up Matthew 24:14 and read it. It says "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come"

Nowhere in that passage does it say "Force others to see that your belief is the only true religion." My interpretation is that people will preach about heaven throughout the world. Preaching can be done in churches or other buildings where people willingly converge to hear this information. Preaching can be done when a person goes from person to person and is accepted by these people in order for them to hear the information. Preaching does not include holding a gun to a person's head and saying "Believe this way or die" Nor is it when a person gets to a person and the said person does not want to hear about this information yet the supposed preaching person refuses to back down and let it go but continues to give the information against the other persons will.

I would like to let you know that I do not read the Bible out of habit but out of courtesy I did find mine so that I could voluntarily and willingly read the passage and give an educated opinion. This is not to say that I will or won't do so again. It depends on my mood. I also want you to know that if what you wanted was for me to read this passage and change my mind about how I feel, you failed. I will never believe it to be right for a person to force their beliefs unto another person.
-____________________________________________________________-----
sorry i just wonted to say that messege is out there u just need to be open minded,alou me to show u anather place in the bible.jesus christ did not marry and raise a family in wich to continue the worship of the true God.jesus new that he most die a martyr's death for the truth.So he gathered around him faithful followers,who would carry on the true religion after his death -jhoh 18:37.it is natural that u should desire not to be misled.but haw can we avoid it?haw can u know for sure that ur religion is the true one?it can be dan by finding out wether its teachings are supported by Gods Word,wich jesus said is the thruth.(jhon 17:17) also by determining the kind of fruitage the religion produses-matt 7:16-23

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
I am sure we all know that the message is out there. We are just discussing the ways that the message gets delivered.

I am not sure that my religion is the true one and I can admit that, however, one cannot truly know that any religion is truly real because the information is passed from mortal to mortal. Whether it be by person to person, or by reading a book which was written by a mortal. Mortals lie to get what they want so it is possible that any religious book whether it be a bible or any book about a religion may or may not be false.

All religions are interpreted differently by different people.

What is right for one person is not right for another and should not be forced upon them, Bottom Line.

FBI

belever

All religions are interpreted differently by different people.

What is right for one person is not right for another and should not be forced upon them, Bottom Line.

FBI[/quote]_____________________________________________________--
thanks for ur thoughts u got very interesting point of view,u can not forse eny one to think ,thats true

Imagist

Worshipper of Athe.

I disagree. Fact is fact - it doesn't matter who believes or doesn't believe it. It's just that we can't agree whether some ideas are facts, and we shouldn't attempt to force agreement.

This distinction is important because of ethics - moral relativity is untenable: murder is wrong regardless of who does it. (Note that this is different from situational morality - I do believe that situation has an affect on what is right or wrong - for example lying to nazis to hide a jewish family is moral, whereas lying to your mother about stealing a cookie is wrong).

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
I disagree. Fact is fact - it doesn't matter who believes or doesn't believe it. It's just that we can't agree whether some ideas are facts, and we shouldn't attempt to force agreement.

I agree with this.

This distinction is important because of ethics - moral relativity is untenable: murder is wrong regardless of who does it. (Note that this is different from situational morality - I do believe that situation has an affect on what is right or wrong - for example lying to nazis to hide a jewish family is moral, whereas lying to your mother about stealing a cookie is wrong).
I do not understand your distinction between moral relativity and situational morality. I can certainly imagine situations in which murder would not be wrong. A lot would depend on how one chooses to define "murder". And lying to one's mother about stealing a cookie is not wrong in every situation. One could imagine a situation in which the lie actually saved the mother's life. I agree with your concept of situational morality, but I just don't understand where you draw the line between moral relativity and moral situationalism.

Northern Lights

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
[Are all the religionists hypocrites]

I agree they are ;-)

If you gave your reasons, I'd respect you no matter what your view. But without any rationale or reason as to why you see all religous people as hypocrites, then your view is as hollow as other generalisms, such as "all Americans are brash and arrogant".

ametist

It is because you see hypocricy as an evilish term.
And no I dont have any obligations to explain all my rational at all cost or for all the gain.

Northern Lights

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
It is because you see hypocricy as an evilish term.

And no I dont have any obligations to explain all my rational at all cost or for all the gain.

I'm sorry, I've absolutely no idea what any of that even means.

But I'll wish you well, my friend.

Last edited: