• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are the Israelite's treating the stranger as the lord commanded or not?

james dixon

Premium Member
STRANGER—The term “stranger” is mentioned 123 times in the Holy Bible

(Mal 3:5 KJV) And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.

(Jer 14:8 KJV) O the hope of Israel, the saviour thereof in time of trouble, why shouldest thou be as a stranger in the land, and as a wayfaring man that turneth aside to tarry for a night?

(Ezek 14:7 KJV) For every one of the house of Israel, or of the stranger that sojourneth in Israel, which separateth himself from me, and setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to a prophet to inquire of him concerning me; I the LORD will answer him by myself:

(Deu 1:16 KJV) And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.

(Deu 10:19 KJV) Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Deu 24:19 KJV) When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow: that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands.

(Deu 24:20 KJV) When thou beatest thine olive tree, thou shalt not go over the boughs again: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.

(Deu 24:21 KJV) When thou gatherest the grapes of thy vineyard, thou shalt not glean it afterward: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.

(Jer 7:6 KJV) If ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walk after other gods to your hurt:

(Jer 22:3 KJV) Thus saith the LORD; Execute ye judgment and righteousness, and deliver the spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor: and do no wrong, do no violence to the stranger, the fatherless, nor the widow, neither shed innocent blood in this place.

(Ezek 22:7 KJV) In thee have they set light by father and mother: in the midst of thee have they dealt by oppression with the stranger: in thee have they vexed the fatherless and the widow.

(Zec 7:10 KJV) And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, thestranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.

(Exo 22:21 KJV) Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Exo 23:9 KJV) Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Lev 19:34 KJV) But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

(Lev 25:35 KJV) And if thy brother be waxen poor, and fallen in decay with thee; then thou shalt relieve him: yea, though he be a stranger, or a sojourner; that he may live with thee.

(Deu 1:16 KJV) And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.

(Deu 10:18 KJV) He doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment.

(Deu 10:19 KJV) Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

MJFlores

STRANGER—The term “stranger” is mentioned 123 times in the Holy Bible

Luke 10:25-37 New International Version (NIV)

On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

“What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”

“You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. The next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

“Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

Just joined yesterday. My answer is the Israelites failed in many decrees that God issued and even of people today.

james dixon

Premium Member
The appropriate answer is NO. IN FACT history show just the opposite

I can provide the proof should you request it

MJFlores

The appropriate answer is NO. IN FACT history show just the opposite

I can provide the proof should you request it

Yep, I know some but don't show it - remember the rules. No graphic or violent content.
sign.jpg

Seven headed beast

Awaited One
In the Bible, the Israelites are the allegorical representation of the Christians in the United States. The nation of Israel is allegory for the united States it self because of the myriad different sects of Christianity.

The representation of the Catholics are as "Ephraim".

And the allegorical representation of the Mormons is as "Judah".

Any time you find a reference in the bible to any of these, you need ttoapply this paradigm. In Daniel they refer to them all where the Old Man is represented as a lion. And the lion drags Judah in to a tree and never to be seen again.

This is confirmed in the book of Revelation as the Mormons are personified as "saints" as in latter day saints. But, once again, this is a false notion because the Mormons exalt themselves and that's not okay. You cannot exalt yourself in to any place or position of that nature. You must be recognized by another body of representitive of some authority on the matter.

Sure, I can say I'm the Son of God, but I must wait to be recognized by another.

So, the allegory is laid and the answer is that the Israelites don't even know who they are.

As for the allegory of "stranger" would be anyone who is not of their tribe, and the answer is a resounding "no" because they are not readily accepting of the other spiritual leanings that are here. ***Mod edit***

Last edited by a moderator:

james dixon

Premium Member
In the Bible, the Israelites are the allegorical representation of the Christians in the United States.

Christians in Jerusalem Want Jews to Stop Spitting on Them

read more: Christians in Jerusalem want Jews to stop spitting on them

In a rare interview to the Israeli media just a month before he steps down from his current post, Pizzaballa cautioned Israelis over how Christians are treated here. "When you say 'Christianity' to the Israelis," he said, "they immediately think of the Holocaust and the [Spanish] Inquisition. People don't know that we are here and that we have roots [here]," adding that this attitude is reflected throughout Israeli society.

In a reference to the long-standing, continual incidents of Orthodox Jewish extremists in Jerusalem spitting at Christian clergy, Pizzaballa said: "When I came to the country, I was told that I should know that if I walk around with a frock in the city [of Jerusalem], people would spit on me, and I shouldn't be offended, it's normal."

read more: Senior Catholic cleric: 'If Jews want respect, they must respect others'

Senior Catholic cleric: 'If Jews want respect, they must respect others'

Ultra-Orthodox Spitting Attacks on Old City Clergymen Becoming Daily

read more: Ultra-Orthodox spitting attacks on Old City clergymen becoming daily

Being spat at remains part of life for Christians in Jerusalem

Being spat at remains part of life for Christians in Jerusalem

Google: “spitting on Christians” then post here what you see-?

james dixon

Premium Member
I think the Israelites are doing as well as can be expected. The stranger has obligations too, I'm sure

Tulkarem – Ma'an –

Eight-year-old Palestinian girl Zeina Hamad, from the northern West Bank town of Ramin, east of Tulkarem, died on Sunday evening of wounds she sustained last Friday when Israeli soldiers invaded Tulkarem and shot her in the head.

Hamad sustained the head injury as the Israeli soldiers fired arbitrarily towards Palestinian homes. But clearly one of the IDF snipers knew what he was shooting at
http://www.maannews.net/en/index.php?opr=ShowDetails&ID=25956

Israeli FM Says Israel does not Target Civilians as Palestinian Civilians Victimized by Israeli Warplanes
http://www.ipc.gov.ps/ipc_e/ipc_e-1/e_News/news2003/2003-09/029.html

“Bethlehem to be encircled in steel as 'security fence' snakes its way around Holy City “
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/story.jsp?story=474863

"We look like monsters in the eyes of the world," he added. "This makes me sick."
Key Israeli Condemns Offensive In Gaza (washingtonpost.com)

The two children were killed by a single bullet in the head, Asma while taking clothes off the drying line and her brother Ahmad while feeding the pigeons.
Amnesty: "Killing of children must be investigated"

“I can't imagine anyone who considers himself a human being can do this”.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,1007051,00.html

`I gave birth, I gave birth,' she screamed . I said to her: `Now they'll shoot me.' She stopped screaming.
http://www.ifamericansknew.org/cur_sit/checkpoint.html

“I have never before watched soldiers entice children like mice into a trap and murder them for sport."

http://www.ariga.com/5763/2003-01-19-windowsnewsletter.shtml

Boy of 17, shot by Israeli soldiers, left bleeding overnight to die
http://www.palestinemonitor.org/updates/left_to_die.htm

15 year old boy & Amer Kathym & Rouhi Hazem Shouman all shot in the back by snipers.
http://www.palestinemonitor.org/appeals/lift_the_siege.htm

An eight-year-old Palestinian girl shot dead by Israeli troops in the central Gaza Strip was killed while showing off her new school uniform to friends
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,7127339%255E1702,00.html

Mohammed a 7-year-old boy fell dead, still clutching his piece of bread.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,2763,1112055,00.html

"See his blood? See my son's blood?" said the father, pointing at the wall. "He was 13 years old!"
Emerging From Fear To Bury A Son (washingtonpost.com)

“After dark, the tanks come beyond the perimeter and scan the orchards with their nightscopes”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2002/08/30/wmid30.xml

When your Congressman votes
to give Israel more US$$$$$$
vote NO!!!!