• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are sexually immoral thoughts considered Sin

fallenangel

I am married. My husband and I are on opposites poles with our sexuality. He is of a "vanilla" taste which mine are very much not. Is it considered a sin to have sexual immoral thoughts during sex with your husband to obtain sexual pleasure while thinking of a sexual act with a faceless person (the faceless person performing my sexual fantasy on me) to achieve sexual satisfaction?

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I am married. My husband and I are on opposites poles with our sexuality. He is of a "vanilla" taste which mine are very much not. Is it considered a sin to have sexual immoral thoughts during sex with your husband to obtain sexual pleasure while thinking of a sexual act with a faceless person (the faceless person performing my sexual fantasy on me) to achieve sexual satisfaction?

That all depends on the religion you follow. You best bet is to talk with a trustworthy person in your religion.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Religious Forums has a system for partitioning replies if you only want answers from people in your own religion. You may want to ask this in the section marked Religious Q&A which will bring replies mainly from RC people or if you want exclusively to have replies from active Roman Catholics you may post your question in the Roman Catholic branch of the Abrahamics DIR area. You'll need to add yourself, first, to the Abrahamics branch of the DIR system on this page: https://www.religiousforums.com/account/

You won't have immediate access to Roman Catholic Dir so give it time from 1/2 hour to 1 hour to kick in. Then post your question in the DIR.

fallenangel

Religious Forums has a system for partitioning replies if you only want answers from people in your own religion. You may want to ask this in the section marked Religious Q&A which will bring replies mainly from RC people or if you want exclusively to have replies from active Roman Catholics you may post your question in the Roman Catholic branch of the Abrahamics DIR area. You'll need to add yourself, first, to the Abrahamics branch of the DIR system on this page: https://www.religiousforums.com/account/

You won't have immediate access to Roman Catholic Dir so give it time from 1/2 hour to 1 hour to kick in. Then post your question in the DIR.
Thank you!!

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Love is very powerful. So is sexual attraction. Guilt is sometimes good but can also destroy. I can only urge moderation in all things. If you try to be too perfect you'll self destruct. If you let yourself be completely decadent you'll also self destruct. Find the best version of you that you can be, and be that.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Faceless? Have they got a bag on their head?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

I am not religious so sin simply doesnt apply. But no. Thoughts are not acts

Hellbound Serpiente

Are you into Slender Man?

Jokes asides, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. This is coming from a guy who have a history with a religion far, FAR stricter than Christianity can ever be. My ex had a fantasy of getting it on with multiple men on a beach on a rainy day, and I loved her for that [would have even made it a reality for her if she had asked me to do so]. But then again, I am FAR from being a guy with Vanilla taste, I am a Cocktail of all the taste combined which can have be crucified as Ron Jeremy reborn. Regardless, I don't think either of us got punished for it. She is living a happy [married] life and so am I.

Fantasies are just that, fantasies.

fallenangel

Are you into Slender Man?

Jokes asides, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. This is coming from a guy who have a history with a religion far, FAR stricter than Christianity can ever be. My ex had a fantasy of getting it on with multiple men on a beach on a rainy day, and I loved her for that [would have even made it a reality for her if she had asked me to do so]. But then again, I am FAR from being a guy with Vanilla taste, I am a Cocktail of all the taste combined which can have be crucified as Ron Jeremy reborn. Regardless, I don't think either of us got punished for it. She is living a happy [married] life and so am I.

Fantasies are just that, fantasies.

Off topic a bit, but, wouldn't fulfilling your ex's fantasy make you jealous? Are you not possessive of her?

Hellbound Serpiente

Off topic a bit, but, wouldn't fulfilling your ex's fantasy make you jealous? Are you not possessive of her?

Nah. This may come off as weird as hell to you and others [maybe?], but I don't have such feelings at all. I used to have that when I was a teen, but I grew out of them just like I grew out of lot of things which are absurd in my humble opinion. Now, rather than jealousy, I feel [like Christine has put it] excitement. It puts a spice in life! And this is what life is about, enjoying it while it last.

Possessiveness and feelings of possessiveness comes off rather offensive to me, because it is objects, THINGS that we possess, not human beings. When I loved her, I loved her as a human being. She had darker desires [and some negatives] but that's what makes us human. I never feel jealousy or possessiveness, I personally feel like these are medieval, stone-age mind-sets and should be left behind. I wouldn't have any problem if my future wife have similar desires and even if she wants to fulfill it and live it out.

Hellbound Serpiente

Some people don't do jealousy. Some, like my husband, experience what would be the jealous emotion as excitement.

Exactly! I can't understand why people can't outgrow it. I, too, don't have jealousy and other childish urges. However, whenever my ex talked about her fantasy, there was extreme excitement [sort of like the ending of the movie Monamour]. Hell, I can go as far as saying I am HOPING my future wife is like that as well.

I think we still have a long way to outgrow our primitive mind-set.

fallenangel

Nah. This may come off as weird as hell to you and others [maybe?], but I don't have such feelings at all. I used to have that when I was a teen, but I grew out of them just like I grew out of lot of things which are absurd in my humble opinion. Now, rather than jealousy, I feel [like Christine has put it] excitement. It puts a spice in life! And this is what life is about, enjoying it while it last.

Possessiveness and feelings of possessiveness comes off rather offensive to me, because it is objects, THINGS that we possess, not human beings. When I loved her, I loved her as a human being. She had darker desires [and some negatives] but that's what makes us human. I never feel jealousy or possessiveness, I personally feel like these are medieval, stone-age mind-set and should be left behind. I wouldn't have any problem if my future wife have similar desires and even if she wants to fulfill it and live it out.

I don't think it is weird, I guess it just seems like a foreign concept to me. I've never been with someone who wasn't possessive. My father is of my mom, my brother with his wife, any relationship I have had was the same. Just seeing your comment about that made my eyes pop momentarily lol I'm just realizing that people think so differently from each other. Thanks for your input :)

fallenangel

Exactly! I can't understand why people can't outgrow it. I, too, don't have jealousy and other childish urges. However, whenever my ex talked about her fantasy, there was extreme excitement [sort of like the ending of the movie Monamour]. Hell, I can go as far as saying I am HOPING my future wife is like that as well.

I think we still have a long way to outgrow our primitive mind-set.

I suppose I have always equated possessiveness and jealousy to how much a person cared and loved me. If they didn't care if another man touched me or I touched them, where was the love? Isn't it only natural not wanting to share? I guess I am of the medieval mindset, from being exposed to it throughout my life I find it normal. It's so interesting to me to see how others perceive those two characters.

Hellbound Serpiente

I don't think it is weird, I guess it just seems like a foreign concept to me. I've never been with someone who wasn't possessive. My father is of my mom, my brother with his wife, any relationship I have had was the same. Just seeing your comment about that made my eyes pop momentarily lol I'm just realizing that people think so differently from each other. Thanks for your input :)

It's very common, unfortunately. I don't know anyone who isn't possessive either. And I feel like it's a negative sign. To me it seems like that we are still hanging onto medieval patriarchal mentality. That women are commodity that we possess, own that our forefathers during hunter gatherers era would win as spoils of wars. Man, I hate that mind-set! Possessiveness and jealousy are primitive urges, in my humble opinion. We should outgrow them, just like urge of bullying. It is time to end patriarchy and I hope the future belongs to women, where their desires [whether they are sexual or not] are celebrated, rather than keeping them in control. We, human beings, are hard-wired by mother-nature to enjoy sex as much as we can, and not be inhibited by outdated medieval values that HAVE to be ended in modern era. I don't own my wife and if she have sexual desires of such nature, I love that too because I love her as a whole as a human being.

But then again, I hate possessive, jealous women too.

fallenangel

It's very common, unfortunately. I don't know anyone who isn't possessive either. And I feel like it's a negative sign. To me it seems like that we are still hanging onto medieval patriarchal mentality. That women are commodity that we possess, own that our forefathers during hunter gatherers era would win as spoils of wars. Man, I hate that mind-set! Possessiveness and jealousy are primitive urges, in my humble opinion. We should outgrow them, just like urge of bullying. It is time to end patriarchy and I hope the future belongs to women, where their desires [whether they are sexual or not] are celebrated, rather than keeping them in control. We, human beings, are hard-wired by mother-nature to enjoy sex as much as we can, and not be inhibited by outdated medieval values that HAVE to be ended in modern era. I don't own my wife and if she have sexual desires of such nature, I love that too because I love her as a whole as a human being.

But then again, I hate possessive, jealous women too.

WOW, I'm going to be honest, never met a man who had this opinion. It's blowing me away. May I ask your age?