• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are scientists any closer

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I have read some of those "scientific" articles (written by scientists). Aside from not being written for the layman like myself, not only are they often hard to understand but more importantly, one cannot ask questions of the authors just like that. And frankly, not to insult you, but I doubt you cannot answer the questions either. :) So -- have a nice day. And also I might mention that the soil sample taken as described from that fabulous cave (a 1/2 tsp. so it seems) doesn't seem to have all the solutions to the big questions the excavators were looking for. Now if you think so, let's talk about that, ok? Meaning their findings and the processes they used to analyze them. How about it?
You can, actually. I've written many questions to author's of papers and they have always been more than happy to answer my questions.
Give it a try sometime. That's if you actually care about the facts and evidence. ;)

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I have read some of those "scientific" articles (written by scientists). Aside from not being written for the layman like myself, not only are they often hard to understand but more importantly, one cannot ask questions of the authors just like that.
You can't do that with the popular articles either.

As for not being written for the layman. Well, that is the point. You need to have some basic knowledge before you can have an informed opinion. prior to that, you simply don't understand the basics to the level required.

The solution, of course, is to educate yourself. There are good textbooks covering most of the basics that you can purchase and read. It will take some discipline and you might want to start with some basic math, chemistry, and physics. But you can work up to the other subjects if you work hard.

And frankly, not to insult you, but I doubt you cannot answer the questions either. :)
Which questions? The ones you tend to ask don't make much sense, mostly because you seem to be wanting to mock rather than actually understand. You focus on the artists renderings rather than the scientific information, and you usually misunderstand even the basics of the science.

So -- have a nice day. And also I might mention that the soil sample taken as described from that fabulous cave (a 1/2 tsp. so it seems) doesn't seem to have all the solutions to the big questions the excavators were looking for. Now if you think so, let's talk about that, ok? Meaning their findings and the processes they used to analyze them. How about it?

OK, so that simply means they have more work to do. Do you expect them to wait until they have every possible question answered before they let others know what they have discovered? Do you expect them to know everything about a site before they have done the work required to answer the deeper questions?

Scientists don't know everything. They don't pretend to. Often, the data is inconclusive, but more data narrows the range of possibilities. Getting more data takes time. So they publish what they have, acknowledging the remaining questions.

You seem to think that is a weakness, when it is actually a huge strength.