• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Religions and Gods manmade?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
False statement. Religions do not have to have a god or messenger to be a real religion. There is nothing to support that.
That would depends upon what you mean by real...

Anyway, that is what I believe but I do not expect others to believe it.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
No religion can prove that it came from God because nobody can ever prove that God communicated to them.

Who is the judge of true spiritual matters? Who knows what is true? How do they know that? What is their proof?

Perfect!!

Now apply what you've just stated to your own mythology that you keep on claiming came from your cult leader's "communication" with a "god". Or was it that a "god" transformed into your "messenger" for a while? The claim keeps on changing all the time so I never know what claim will be made up next.

If there is no real proof that Baha'i came from any "god", then no stock should be placed in anything else it claims.

Bear Wild

That's right. If belief in a God was universal to people of all times, there would never would have been atheists and there would not be any atheists now..

No evidence for that statement. Religion appears to universal since records but the concept of god is far more problematic. There is more evidence that early religion was more animistic rather than theistic.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe

OUCH!!!

It will take me quite a while to review so much back-up material to support your claim. I can clearly see that you have me outgunned and outmatched, so I'm just going to crawl under this rock for a while until this all blows over.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Perfect!!

Now apply what you've just stated to your own mythology that you keep on claiming came from your cult leader's "communication" with a "god". Or was it that a "god" transformed into your "messenger" for a while? The claim keeps on changing all the time so I never know what claim will be made up next.

If there is no real proof that Baha'i came from any "god", then no stock should be placed in anything else it claims.
Perfect!!

Now apply what I have just stated to your own NDEs that you "believe" involved God communicating to you.

If there is no real proof that you ever had communication with God, then no stock should be placed in anything you claim.

Do you see how it is the same? The only question is who has more evidence to back up his claim, you or Baha'u'llah.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So what is your definition?
I do not have my own personal definition. My definition is according to my religion:

“And now concerning thy question regarding the nature of religion. Know thou that they who are truly wise have likened the world unto the human temple. As the body of man needeth a garment to clothe it, so the body of mankind must needs be adorned with the mantle of justice and wisdom. Its robe is the Revelation vouchsafed unto it by God. Whenever this robe hath fulfilled its purpose, the Almighty will assuredly renew it. For every age requireth a fresh measure of the light of God. Every Divine Revelation hath been sent down in a manner that befitted the circumstances of the age in which it hath appeared.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 81

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
No evidence for that statement. Religion appears to universal since records but the concept of god is far more problematic. There is more evidence that early religion was more animistic rather than theistic.
I agree. I believe religion had always existed in some form. Early religion was probably more animistic than theistic.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Perfect!!

Now apply what I have just stated to your own NDEs that you "believe" involved God communicating to you.

If there is no real proof that you ever had communication with God, then no stock should be placed in anything you claim.

Do you see how it is the same? The only question is who has more evidence to back up his claim, you or Baha'u'llah.

Ha, hardly the same.

"I" have all the proof that I need.

And "I" will take that over ALL the spiritually clueless and falsely claimed "messengers" any and every day!

All Baha'u'llah and all the other cult leader wannabes have is NOTHING. As I've already proven some time ago, Baha'u'llah has absolutely nothing truly spiritual to teach anyone. All I've seen so far is bombastic gobbledygook that is meant to bedazzle the unenlightened.

So go back and apply what you stated to YOUR mythology and apply it there, and keep it there.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Ha, hardly the same.

"I" have all the proof that I need.
It is the same because I have all the proof I need.
And "I" will take that over ALL the spiritually clueless and falsely claimed "messengers" any and every day!
And I will take what Jesus said or what Baha'u'llah wrote over anything anyone else claims.
All Baha'u'llah and all the other cult leader wannabes have is NOTHING. As I've already proven some time ago, Baha'u'llah has absolutely nothing truly spiritual to teach anyone. All I've seen so far is bombastic gobbledygook that is meant to bedazzle the unenlightened.
That is just your personal opinion so it carries no weight for anyone but you.

I believe you have nothing truly spiritual to teach anyone but that is just my personal opinion so it carries no weight for anyone but me.

What separates the men from the boys is any evidence you might have that backs up your claim to have heard from God other than your personal testimony, which does not count for anything, because anyone can claim they had a spiritual experience. That is also true for Baha'u'llah, but He had a lot more than His personal testimony to back up His claims.

What further separates the men from the boys is how useful your spiritual experience is for anyone except yourself. How is it going to change the world?

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
It is the same because I have all the proof I need.

And I will take what Jesus said or what Baha'u'llah wrote over anything anyone else claims.

That is just your personal opinion so it carries no weight for anyone but you.

I believe you have nothing truly spiritual to teach anyone but that is just my personal opinion so it carries no weight for anyone but me.

What separates the men from the boys is any evidence you might have that backs up your claim to have heard from God other than your personal testimony, which does not count for anything, because anyone can claim they had a spiritual experience. That is also true for Baha'u'llah, but He had a lot more than His personal testimony to back up His claims.

What further separates the men from the boys is how useful your spiritual experience is for anyone except yourself. How is it going to change the world?

Ha, he has no more testimony than any other cult leader wannabes. No matter how many times he falsely claims he has. That's a ridiculous standard. "He wrote it down" so it MUST be "true", seriously?

On the other hand "I" have all the proof that "I" need. Which will stand against your mythology any and every day, so bash away!