• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ARE people being manipulated against Islam?

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Or are people becoming AWARE of the dark side of RADICAL Islam.
Questions for readers.
In what other "religion" are there suicide bombings resulting in the murders of innocents?
In what other religion are homosexuals thrown off roof tops or shot dead in mass while
defenseless?

Please don't site Islamic conquests of hundreds of years ago or the Christian Crusades.
Modern history please. Like since radio and television reporting came of age.
Other Recent "Misunderstandings of Islam"

2016.06.18 (Syria)
Seven members of a Kurdish family are killed in a targeted bombing of their vehicle.

2016.06.17 (Syria)
Two children are among six members of one family exterminated by firing squad for trying to flee the caliphate.

2016.06.17 (Nigeria)
Twenty-four women are summarily shot dead at a funeral by Islamic extremists.

2016.06.16 (Iraq)
An ISIS sniper picks off a 2-year-old boy in his mother's arms.

2016.06.16 (Libya)
An ISIS suicide bomb blast claims the lives of ten others.

2016.06.16 (Iraq)
Four people are stoned to death for adultery.

And the beat goes on and on and on......................yet non Muslims STILL sympathize with
The Religion of Peace.

The above shows the availability of legal firearms has little to do with BOMBS and murderers
who couldn't care less about the availability of "legally" available guns.
Evidently bombs ain't that hard to get!

yiostheoy

What organized religion does not manipulate?

Governments tend to do this as well.

As do schools.

And firms.

jeager106

Premium Member
What organized religion does not manipulate?

Governments tend to do this as well.

As do schools.

And firms.

Manipulated to murder in the name of a "god"?
Please post modern history of any other religion that successfully "manipulates" it's believers
to commit cold blooded murder of helpless victims in the name of some "god"?
Note: "modern" religion. Not the crusades and such.
With a heavenly reward of heaven stocked with willing virgins no less.
Inquiring minds don'cha'know?

yiostheoy

Please post modern history of any other religion that successfully "manipulates" it's believers
Well I was going to say "Crusades" but you took that right out of my mouth!

So how about if I say "Pope Urban" then?

:)

jeager106

Premium Member

"Islamic extremists who believe in suicide bombing as martyrdom expect rewards in the afterlife, as specified by the Quran. According to the religious text of Islam, male martyrs will receive 72 virgin maidens in paradise as a reward for their sacrifice."

Fornication with consent of Allah in muslim heaven?
Heavenly concubines under Allah's nose with Allah's blessings?
One wonders? Dose Allah get to partake in this heavenly orgy?

Wonder? Did Jesus ever promote a reward for conforming to His beliefs
with mass sex?

jeager106

Premium Member
Well I was going to say "Crusades" but you took that right out of my mouth!

So how about if I say "Pope Urban" then?

:)

Pope Urban II (Latin: Urbanus II; c. 1042 – 29 July 1099), born Odo of Châtillon or Otho de Lagery,[1][2] was pope from 12 March 1088 to his death in 1099. He is best known for initiating the First Crusade (1096–99) and setting up the modern-day Roman Curia in the manner of a royal ecclesiastical court to help run the Church.[3]

Back to the crusades I see.

Very old news.

uncung

syria and Iraq and Lybia are the conflict area, the mad things could occur anytime in that such situations.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
We most definitely are. The facts are our media goes on and on about Islamic extremism and how bad Islam is, but in reality in many places, such as America, if you are going to be afraid of any group it should be your fellow Americans because we're killing each other off at a frightening and alarming rate. We go on about how "toxic" Islam is, but we say nothing about the toxins being pumped into our food or environment. Many people want to keep Muslims out, but yet car crashes and drunk drivers kill a ton of people every year. Of course extremist of any ideology are dangerous, but we are sorely lacking perspective when it comes to the issue of groups such as ISIS. And, of course, there is very little to no discussion about how the foreign policies of various nations for over a century now have fueled far-right nationalism in parts of the Middle East, which would later fuel religious extremism. And a good question to ask is just exactly how many Americans are even aware that their own government propped up Osama Bin Laden via dealing cocain, supporting militant campaigns to overthrow democratically elected regimes, and dealing arms to Iran and Bin Laden.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

"Islamic extremists who believe in suicide bombing as martyrdom expect rewards in the afterlife, as specified by the Quran. According to the religious text of Islam, male martyrs will receive 72 virgin maidens in paradise as a reward for their sacrifice."

Fornication with consent of Allah in muslim heaven?
Heavenly concubines under Allah's nose with Allah's blessings?
One wonders? Dose Allah get to partake in this heavenly orgy?

Wonder? Did Jesus ever promote a reward for conforming to His beliefs
with mass sex?

This is a silly propaganda distributed by the hate mongers.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Pope Urban II (Latin: Urbanus II; c. 1042 – 29 July 1099), born Odo of Châtillon or Otho de Lagery,[1][2] was pope from 12 March 1088 to his death in 1099. He is best known for initiating the First Crusade (1096–99) and setting up the modern-day Roman Curia in the manner of a royal ecclesiastical court to help run the Church.[3]

Back to the crusades I see.

Very old news.
It's old news, but it still happened, and it shows the potential for abuse is there. But, despite the first Crusade being nearly 1,000 years ago, it is nevertheless an adequate starting point in reviewing Western and Middle Eastern history to watch for changes and to study how this massive "role reversal" occured (given how Christian Europe had a terrible Dark Ages of superstition while the Islamic Middle East had a prosperous Medieval era of science, medicine, education, and math.)

jeager106

Premium Member
Shadow Wolf posts:
We go on about how "toxic" Islam is, but we say nothing about the toxins being pumped into our food or environment. Many people want to keep Muslims out, but yet car crashes and drunk drivers kill a ton of people every year.

The topic here ISN'T about polluting the environment.

"but yet car crashes and drunk drivers kill a ton of people every year."

Important but wayyyyyy off topic.
Perhaps start another thread on these important issues, however they are not
MURDER in the name of a "god" now are they?
Perhaps it would be good for "debate" to post some statistics on a "ton" killed
by drunk drivers.
Google M.A.D.D. for some reliable stats if you are not aware of where to begin.

jeager106

Premium Member
As a reminder this is the topic for debate.

ARE people being manipulated against Islam?

This ^^^^^^^ hasn't anything to do with drunk drivers now does it!

Pastek

Sunni muslim
You started talking about radical islam then you finish talking about Islam.

You know right that the majority of the victims are generally muslims ?

Those people are not fighting under the banner of a country, it's not the army; it's groups who formed themselves because of their hate for a governement, a political situation etc.
And who finished killing people even from their own faith. According to Islam you can't kill civilians, you can see they kill even children.

It's clear for me that people are manipulated to hate muslims/islam.

And honestly -and i talked it several times here already- it's normal that if the Media only show the bad news about muslims some people hate us.
I'm not surprised at all.

It's like always talking about the mexicans only as illegal immigrants, about murderers, drug dealings ... (most of time that's what i see about them in the news).

Or only showing indians as poor, uneducated, the streets dirty etc ...

I noticed that in the medias, they most of time show one side of the picture.
I never see for exemple beautiful buildings in africa (other than in SA) with developped cities, only the problems.
I remember a friend of mine who was upset about that, he told me in Africa it's better than what they show on media and now he lives there. (he visited many countries).

So of course if you only show muslims crying, poors, violents, complaining etc people will be upset or afraid.

idav

Being
Premium Member
We most definitely are. The facts are our media goes on and on about Islamic extremism and how bad Islam is, but in reality in many places, such as America, if you are going to be afraid of any group it should be your fellow Americans because we're killing each other off at a frightening and alarming rate. We go on about how "toxic" Islam is, but we say nothing about the toxins being pumped into our food or environment. Many people want to keep Muslims out, but yet car crashes and drunk drivers kill a ton of people every year. Of course extremist of any ideology are dangerous, but we are sorely lacking perspective when it comes to the issue of groups such as ISIS. And, of course, there is very little to no discussion about how the foreign policies of various nations for over a century now have fueled far-right nationalism in parts of the Middle East, which would later fuel religious extremism. And a good question to ask is just exactly how many Americans are even aware that their own government propped up Osama Bin Laden via dealing cocain, supporting militant campaigns to overthrow democratically elected regimes, and dealing arms to Iran and Bin Laden.
This is no joke. For a religion that is 1/3 of the world, the truth is muslims are a mere 1% of the USA and ironically(not really) are only 1% of our crimes. There are fare more scary things for me to worry about statistically speaking, racism, murder not even having to do with a hate crime, disease, natural disasters etc, etc.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
No, Islam is the same as it has been since about the 7th century. However, there are changes of events and forced migrations which make it an issue now. I guess here is the difference: Christian crazies stand outside a place with signs that say, "God Hates ****", and Muslim crazies shoot people and blow them up. Anyway, if you watch one video on Youtube about anything regarding radical Islam it nearly clogs your feeds, lol. I can see why it might feel like someone is trying to shape your thinking, and you might be right. :eek:

The core teachings of Islam advocate violence against LGBT, women, and nearly anyone that isn't down with Allah. Punishments for trivial matters involved cutting limbs off, so there is that. There is no radical Islam as much as there are fundamentalists who (like Christians) take literal interpretations of the Quran. Peaceful Muslims aren't actually following the dictates of the Quran exactly, much as how non-Orthodox Jews aren't living in 100% scriptural ways. This is why ISIS has trouble even with other Muslims, but if you go further it is also why there will always be radicals in the Muslim community. No matter where the communities are, they are going to develop fundamentalists who see the others as not following the way. (And, technically they're not wrong...)

There are videos of women and people just walking past mosques being harassed because they were "indecent" or had a few beers. There are also no-go places in the UK and other places in Europe where if they see you walking down the street they all get on their little cell phones to gang up and beat you. So, is Islam a problem, by itself? Yes, it is. Did we make it that way? No, but you gotta deal with what you got. If you'd like the entirety of whatever country to go from being diverse and free, please keep admitting monocultural Muslims to your country. It's that simple.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Shadow Wolf posts:
We go on about how "toxic" Islam is, but we say nothing about the toxins being pumped into our food or environment. Many people want to keep Muslims out, but yet car crashes and drunk drivers kill a ton of people every year.

The topic here ISN'T about polluting the environment.

"but yet car crashes and drunk drivers kill a ton of people every year."

Important but wayyyyyy off topic.
Perhaps start another thread on these important issues, however they are not
MURDER in the name of a "god" now are they?
Perhaps it would be good for "debate" to post some statistics on a "ton" killed
by drunk drivers.
Google M.A.D.D. for some reliable stats if you are not aware of where to begin.
It's why I said we are lacking perspective. Yes, extremists are dangerous, but clearly we face far greater threats and dangers that are barely, if ever, pointed out. We are told to be afraid of Muslims, but if I am ever murdered, it is far more likely that I will be murdered by another American than I will be murdered by a Muslim extremist. If I am to die from anything other than natural/organic causes, the most likely thing to kill me is a car wreck. But people tell me to be afraid of Muslims, yet a "candy man" doctor who over prescribed narcotic medications (he's now in prison over it) caused more pain and devastation in my life than any Muslim has.

jeager106

Premium Member
No. Stupid people allow themselves to be manipulated by other stupid people.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Are there this many stupid believers in Islam?

Note terror in the name of any other of earths religion.
No kills, no wounded, no bombings..............................
Despised as some Christian religious sects are who has murdered them in the
name of Jesus or the Christian God?

Acim

Revelation all the time
Or are people becoming AWARE of the dark side of RADICAL Islam.
Questions for readers.
In what other "religion" are there suicide bombings resulting in the murders of innocents?
In what other religion are homosexuals thrown off roof tops or shot dead in mass while
defenseless?

The answer, I think you are looking for, is none.

And this includes Islam. Need "radical" before Islam to have it make sense, and yet other religions have radical views, some of which might be justifications for violence / armed defense (rather than say turn the other cheek).

I do believe many Christians and Jewish people think it is okay during war / battles if innocents die while primary targets are destroyed. Not okay in the sense of 'glad that occurred' but okay in sense of, 'acceptable loss given the stakes.' I think many Christians and Jewish people reserve some expressly harsh judgments against homosexuals or homosexual activity.

All those understandings (including the Islamic ones) strike me as a distortion of the fundamental aspects of the religion. Essentially taking it upon one's self to feel righteous enough to be the judge and jury of other people's pursuits. Such that, it really doesn't matter if person is of same belief system, as long as they are going against the 'law' that is enough to become judge and jury. Once righteousness sets in, deliberation around 'innocence' goes down. Even the righteous are technically innocent, but not in the way they might wish to interpret that. More like in the way that they are forbidding others to be viewed as - without sin. As that opens up a can of worms, for some, I'd just say let Creator take care of judgment and execution of Law regarding alleged sin rather than thinking, nay insisting, this equates to personal 'duty.'