• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are orgasms a foretaste of Heaven?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Are orgasms a foretaste of Heaven?

Anyone proven a heaven exists yet?

Then all i can say is orgasms (the most pleasurable sensation a human body can experience) are (usually) the culmination of sex. Something to enjoy before settling down to a relaxing cigarette (assuming you are a smoker)

Sidenote : i understand that a sneeze is the second most pleasurable sensation a human body can experience... Achooo

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Christopher West said that John Paul II stated that if you give your wife an orgasm it is an act of virtue.

"According to author Christopher West, the central thesis of John Paul's Theology of the Body is that "the body, and it alone, is capable of making visible what is invisible: the spiritual and the divine. It was created to transfer into the visible reality of the world, the mystery hidden since time immemorial in God, and thus to be a sign of it."[1]
Theology of the Body - Wikipedia

In response to John Paul II's Theology of the Body, many theologians and speakers have said that sexual pleasure and orgasms are a foretaste of Heaven.

The human body is described as a mystery of and image of God's love. In heaven we will be one body, one flesh, and one with God , according to Catholic theology.

An orgasm is supposed to prefigure and be a taste of the joy and pleasure we will have in heaven.

Do you agree or disagree with this idea?

The Garden of Eden, where both were naked without shame is supposed to be a prefigurement of Heaven.
Boy that would suck. It might feel good but , I think life will be a little easier without it. It's like a hunger that gets bothersome after a while. At least it's tempered a bit in light of my health issues.

If I was in heaven I would hate to keep yelling, "oh baby that's it! Ooooyeeaahhhhhh"!

Damn... I figure that would give me a hell of a headache after a while and no time for the proverbial cigarette afterwards.

Heaven for me would be the after effects. The calm after the storm.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Boy that would suck. It might feel good but , I think life will be a little easier without it. It's like a hunger that gets bothersome after a while. At least it's tempered a bit in light of my health issues.

If I was in heaven I would hate to keep yelling, "oh baby that's it! Ooooyeeaahhhhhh"!

Damn... I figure that would give me a hell of a headache after a while and no time for the proverbial cigarette afterwards.

Heaven for me would be the after effects. The calm after the storm.

Spare a though tho this poor woman
Meet the Woman Who Can’t Stop Having Orgasms Because of Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder - In Touch Weekly

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I can haphazard to guess what her state of mind is like. I agree with her it's like a persistent hunger where you're never satisfied. That's got to be awful to have to deal with it every waking hour.

Even as a guy, horny as i was as a teen, would likely go stark raving mad if my sexual feelings were persistent and consistent like that. It's definitely a hell realm to go through a lifetime unsatiated with no relief in sight.

Hopefully there's some medicines developed that might help.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I can haphazard to guess what her state of mind is like. I agree with her it's like a persistent hunger where you're never satisfied. That's got to be awful to have to deal with it every waking hour.

Even as a guy, horny as i was as a teen, would likely go stark raving mad if my sexual feelings were persistent and consistent like that. It's definitely a hell realm to go through a lifetime unsatiated with no relief in sight.

Hopefully there's some medicines developed that might help.

When i first saw this on a BBC Horizon documentary i thought, wow, i'll have some of that. It didn't take long to realise the horror she must be experiencing.

Im not sure about medication, the docu said there was nothing in the pipeline but it was a few years ago.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Christopher West said that John Paul II stated that if you give your wife an orgasm it is an act of virtue.

"According to author Christopher West, the central thesis of John Paul's Theology of the Body is that "the body, and it alone, is capable of making visible what is invisible: the spiritual and the divine. It was created to transfer into the visible reality of the world, the mystery hidden since time immemorial in God, and thus to be a sign of it."[1]

In response to John Paul II's Theology of the Body, many theologians and speakers have said that sexual pleasure and orgasms are a foretaste of Heaven.

The human body is described as a mystery of and image of God's love. In heaven we will be one body, one flesh, and one with God , according to Catholic theology.

An orgasm is supposed to prefigure and be a taste of the joy and pleasure we will have in heaven.

The Garden of Eden, where both were naked without shame is supposed to be a prefigurement of Heaven.
No they aren't. "The pleasure is momentary, the position ridiculous and the expense damnable." (4th Earl of Chesterfield). :D

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

Orgasm is keeping you away from heavenly alive. Or as the French say "La petite mort".
La petite mort (French pronunciation: [la pətit mɔʁ], the little death) is an expression which means "the brief loss or weakening of consciousness" and in modern usage refers specifically to "the sensation of orgasm as likened to death."[1]

La petite mort - Wikipedia

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I watched a whole series on sexuality , what it means theologically, and that human beings crave Seks and are interested in it so much, because it is actually a craving for heaven.

Could be true.:shrug:

I'll be able to give a better answer once I experience both.

I would say that, yes, I agree. At the very least, I would hope it's true.
It may not even be with regards to the sensation itself, but the
momentary silencing of ego-based thoughts and concerns, replaced
by a desire to merge with one's beloved, whether that is God Himself
or a fellow mortal. Or both.

-

Milton Platt

Everyone will be naked in Heaven??? Sign me up.

Tomas Kindahl

... out on my Odyssé — again!

That isn't what NDE:s tell us. They speak about a light, a spiritual person letting one in into the Light Place (Heaven) and evaluating the good and evil deeds of our lives. They also speak about meeting deceased relatives and friends. Catholics are just possessed by thoughts of sex because of their celibacy, and in that way they are no better than the Thelemites who practice sex magic.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I can't think of anything worse. You do realise most people die when they are really old, do you? :D
Don't worry, souls that pass on no longer have physical bodies like we have here.... They have spiritual bodies and they wear garments of various types, depending upon their rank and station. :)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I will have to take your word for it....I've never been there.
Me neither, but I like some of the stories I hear from those who claimed to have spoken with spirits. :)

However, I would probably not believe these stories if they were not so congruent with what Baha'u'llah wrote about the spiritual world. Baha'u'llah does not go into detail, but the gist of heaven and hell and how we get there seem to be reflected in the stories. In other words they seem plausible, even probable.