• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Muslims disobeying the Qur'an by participating in this forum?

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
No where does it say "rape". And it says clearly Taqwa, fear God, etc etc. So your rape understanding is your personal imposition.
There is no concept of "rape" (sex without consent) in the Quran or sunnah. The right of sexual access is granted by marriage or ownership. Consent is irrelevant.

KWED

Heads up. You forgot to chastise @stanberger for “cherrypicking” good old 2:256.
Behave! We all know that "cherry-picking" and "But Context!" only apply to criticism of Islam. If you are defending it, you can cherry-pick as many out-of-context one liners as you like.

stevecanuck

I would guess revert, by their delivery and patchy knowledge of Islam.

Yes, it’s as though you can recognize the talking points, and as you say, the delivery. Another clue is that when they spout one of the standard lies they’ve been fed (in this case that the Qur’an explicitly forbids the killing of women and children in war), they disappear when challenged to provide the verse number.

My unflattering opinion of Western converts is that they’re desperately searching for an anchor in life and have chosen it to be Islam. They reason that the best way to learn about it is to ask an Imam. What they don’t realize is that they’re going to get the white-washed version, and then they jump in with both feet without properly investigating it themselves. By then they’re too committed to back away. This all IMO.

KWED

Yes, it’s as though you can recognize the talking points, and as you say, the delivery. Another clue is that when they spout one of the standard lies they’ve been fed (in this case that the Qur’an explicitly forbids the killing of women and children in war), they disappear when challenged to provide the verse number.

My unflattering opinion of Western converts is that they’re desperately searching for an anchor in life and have chosen it to be Islam. They reason that the best way to learn about it is to ask an Imam. What they don’t realize is that they’re going to get the white-washed version, and then they jump in with both feet without properly investigating it themselves. By then they’re too committed to back away. This all IMO.
Yep..."leaving the church was the best thing I ever did", from another thread.