• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are men and women equally beautiful?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Idk woman look amazing even other woman think so.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I wouldn't personally think so; I think women are more... well, aesthetically pleasing. :p

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
In the eyes of the universe, yes. In the eyes of humans that like to slap subjective value judgements on things as if they were some sort of absolute fact, no.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I think not all are equally beautiful or intelligent men or women; there is always a difference from individual to individual.

Shuddhasattva

Of course [some] men have difficulty acknowledging the beauty of the male body. Unfortunately, our cultural obsession with the female body, often in poor taste, has also infected women.

Whether evolution has been as kind to our (ap)perceptions as it has been to our bodies is another matter.

Kerr

Your thoughts?
I like women more. Might be biased, though, since I tend to like women more in general :p.

EDIT:

Of course [some] men have difficulty acknowledging the beauty of the male body. Unfortunately, our cultural obsession with the female body, often in poor taste, has also infected women.
I would say that both of these are very unfortunate.

Last edited:

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
In ancient Greece men were viewed as more beautiful. Nowadays we often view women as the more beautiful sex. Granted women in today's society put on more makeup, hairspray, etc., but when you strip all that away, women and men are equally beautiful.

Last edited:

Kerr

In ancient Greece men were viewed as more beautiful. Nowadays we often view women as the more beautiful sex.

Yes, they're equally beautiful.
Didnt know that about ancient Greece. I suppose that means that which sex is generally considered more beautiful is a cultural thing.

Skwim

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
Are men and women equally beautiful?
Good question.
z72500802.jpg

THE GIRLS

THE GUYS
(in drag)

Last edited by a moderator:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
@Shuddhasattva

You have a point.

There are males in animals more beautiful than the females in the eyes of the humans generally, in my opinion.

A lion,a peacock, a rooster etc

Shuddhasattva

Yes, quite true, and in some societies, it is the males who 'play dress up' and focus on accentuating their natural beauty.

I'd really love to see more balance in our social constructs of maleness and femaleness, more honesty with regards to their projection from biological gender.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
You mean to tell me a balding middle aged man with a beer belly in speedos, holding a can of beer scratching his hairy nipple isn't beautiful? ... :D

Ooey no! :eek:

But this is :drool:

MV5BMTU0NTU3OTU3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODg2NDE1._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg
And this
300.meloni.svu.052908.jpg

Um... I'll be right back... :eek:

InfidelRiot

Even as a gay man, I still recognize a beautiful woman. The only difference between me and a heterosexual male is that I am not sexually attracted to the women I find beautiful.