• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are LGBT people happier now than they were a hundred years ago?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
With all the corruption and immorality that has been spread for their sake, apparently, you'd think they had gained some advantage. What is the advantage though? Are they better off now?

You appear rather fixated on LGBTQ people and gay sex.

Is there something you want to share with us? This is a safe space.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
With all the corruption and immorality that has been spread for their sake, apparently, you'd think they had gained some advantage. What is the advantage though? Are they better off now?
I'm only 72, but I am certainly happier than I was 72 years ago.

I have been in a loving, faithful relationship for nearing 30 years, when many years ago everything I did was illegal. Now, the government of Canada recognizes my relationship, allows us to live like every other person in the country..

And aside from a few rabid religionists, nobody wants to hurt or kill me, so yes, much happier. And when the rabid religionists disappear, I'll be even happier, no doubt.

King Phenomenon

I'm only 72, but I am certainly happier than I was 72 years ago.

I have been in a loving, faithful relationship for nearing 30 years, when many years ago everything I did was illegal. Now, the government of Canada recognizes my relationship, allows us to live like every other person in the country..

And aside from a few rabid religionists, nobody wants to hurt or kill me, so yes, much happier. And when the rabid religionists disappear, I'll be even happier, no doubt.
Unfortunately bad people will always exist even if religion disappears. I'm not saying this in anyway to support gay bashing. I support them 100%

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
With all the corruption and immorality that has been spread for their sake, apparently, you'd think they had gained some advantage.
I think the only thing that has been spread around for their sake is awareness, tolerance, compassion, and understanding. Is that what you consider corruption and immorality? Compassion and love, as opposed to hatred and violence?

Have we fallen off the path, and we need to get back to hating others in order to be good people again? Please tell us.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I think they are happier. Many of them marry man to woman and have children anyway though.

Daemon Sophic

I think they are happier. Many of them marry man to woman and have children anyway though.
But of course this does not account for generation after generation of LGBT people. Gay people having children with straight people show no genetic inclination to have gay children more than purely straight couples. Furthermore it is not taught or learned, since gay couples who have adopted children do not produce gay teenagers or adults anymore so then straight couples.
Or in terms that @Piculet may more likely understand.....There are LGBT people, because God wills it!

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
But of course this does not account for generation after generation of LGBT people. Gay people having children with straight people show no genetic inclination to have gay children more than purely straight couples. Furthermore it is not taught or learned, since gay couples who have adopted children do not produce gay teenagers or adults anymore so then straight couples.
Or in terms that @Piculet may more likely understand.....There are LGBT people, because God wills it!
Very interesting.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Soon women will choose to wear trousers.

Men will be walking around in heels.

Everyone in your bunkers. It's happening.

It's the communism.

Or something.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

I can't speak for them, but I'm happier that I can treat them as equals and peers without having to pretend they have some sort of dirty little secret. It's liberating.

Piculet

Not being killed would probably be a major improvement of one's quality of life, but your mileage may vary.
It certainly isn't that simple. How many gays today are actually under the threat of being killed as opposed to those who are not under such a threat?