• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Jehovah's Witnesses False Prophets?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
may said:
LOL i think Jehovah is listening and looking at this thread ;) because the official JW site has this artical at the top of its site at the momment Jehovah's Witnesses—Who Are They?
Why do many oppose Jehovah's Witnesses and tell me not to study with them?

I thought you weren't Christians though. Do the JW consider themselves Christians or not? I don't understand.

may

dawny0826 said:
I thought you weren't Christians though. Do the JW consider themselves Christians or not? I don't understand.
yes we are christians, we listen to the teachings of Jesus, and stick to the bible, we have learned over the many years, that various teachings of the mainstream are not inline with the bible , so we feel that it is very important to not be a part of things that we feel are not true bible teachings . so we have separated ourselves from unscriptual teachings , so that is why we are no part of christendom or the mainstream ,as many of its teachings have their roots in pagan or babylonish teachings. but we do consider ourselves as christians , and base our teachings on the bible

fromthe heart

may said:
yes we are christians, we listen to the teachings of Jesus, and stick to the bible, we have learned over the many years, that various teachings of the mainstream are not inline with the bible , so we feel that it is very important to not be a part of things that we feel are not true bible teachings . so we have separated ourselves from unscriptual teachings , so that is why we are no part of christendom or the mainstream ,as many of its teachings have their roots in pagan or babylonish teachings. but we do consider ourselves as christians , and base our teachings on the bible

Take a look in your Bible at the following scriptures:
Revelation 21:7-8
Revelation 20:12-13Speaking of hell which means death
Rev.20 verses 14-15 Lake of eternal fire where all unsaved will go upon judgement day
Rev.20:10...the hell of lake of fire and brimstone where unsaved will be tormented forever and ever
Matt.13:49-50 and chapter 25 v.30(outer darkness and torture) and 41(cast into everlasting fire)
Mark 9:43 and chapter 16:19-26 where it has the story of Lazarus and the rich man

Do You believe in Hell:eternal lake of damnation? All will NOT be going to heaven...do you believe that as well? It's also in your Bible...Do you believe ALL of the Bible or just the parts that suit?

This will tell you if you are a true believer in what God has said.:D

steelblue75

fromthe heart said:
Do You believe in Hell:eternal lake of damnation? All will NOT be going to heaven...do you believe that as well? It's also in your Bible...Do you believe ALL of the Bible or just the parts that suit?

This will tell you if you are a true believer in what God has said.:D

problem... what if you dont believe in an eye for an eye because of turn the other cheek? one is OT the other is NT... is it mentioned anywhere in the bible what was cancelled out from the OT by the NT?

may said:

NO YOU ARE NOT!!!!!! JW is completely different from Christianity!!! First of all the fact that the Watchtower (which has falsely predicted the Apocalypse over 150 times now the most recent being this last March) censors the Bible, hence the New World Translation being the only one used in JW churches. Second official church doctrine does not regard Jesus as Son of God, God or the Christ. Which is the basis for the Christian Faith. Third the # going to heaven has been altered, isn't it funny that when a cult gets more people than it bargained for they change their scripture. And that it was only changed because the 144,000 was already reached, geez looks like the Watchtower did not watch out for that one too well, nice jod Rutherford. Fourthly a question, how are current Christian teaching rooted in pagan or babylonian ritual? Better check your facts every sermon or message I have heard over the past 17 years (my lifetime) has held scriptural truth. and if the JW church is not in Christiandom (terrible term by the way) how can you be Christians, because according to the Bible (not NWT, it is not translated correctly! Look at the Manuscripts) we (Christians) are one body and should work together (as does the Body of Christ, not to include the following JW, LDS, Unification Church, Armstrongism, Christian Science, Gnosticism) as many churches to hence city wide minesterial asscociations. In conclusion JW is not Christianity and never will be.

Bishka

Veteran Member
joecrawford815 said:
NO YOU ARE NOT!!!!!! JW is completely different from Christianity!!! First of all the fact that the Watchtower (which has falsely predicted the Apocalypse over 150 times now the most recent being this last March) censors the Bible, hence the New World Translation being the only one used in JW churches. Second official church doctrine does not regard Jesus as Son of God, God or the Christ. Which is the basis for the Christian Faith. Third the # going to heaven has been altered, isn't it funny that when a cult gets more people than it bargained for they change their scripture. And that it was only changed because the 144,000 was already reached, geez looks like the Watchtower did not watch out for that one too well, nice jod Rutherford. Fourthly a question, how are current Christian teaching rooted in pagan or babylonian ritual? Better check your facts every sermon or message I have heard over the past 17 years (my lifetime) has held scriptural truth. and if the JW church is not in Christiandom (terrible term by the way) how can you be Christians, because according to the Bible (not NWT, it is not translated correctly! Look at the Manuscripts) we (Christians) are one body and should work together (as does the Body of Christ, not to include the following JW, LDS, Unification Church, Armstrongism, Christian Science, Gnosticism) as many churches to hence city wide minesterial asscociations. In conclusion JW is not Christianity and never will be.

*Sigh* See you are just a flamer. Figures with the Mormonism thread you created.

Good luck with you stay here. Why do you so vehemently believe this? Let me guess, you think they are a cult?

Beg to differ, first of all I am not trolling! I just signed up for the site and don't think that I should have to ease into making my opinion known. And just what evidence might you provide?

Bishka

Veteran Member
joecrawford815 said:
Beg to differ, first of all I am not trolling! I just signed up for the site and don't think that I should have to ease into making my opinion known. And just what evidence might you provide?

They believe Jesus Christ is their Lord and Savior. It's quite simple.:162:

DeadVegas

Bangbang said:
What do you think? I was a practicing JW for 7 years. Many JW's are very sincere about their beliefs and follow the instruction from the Elders who are passing down instruction from the Governing Body of The Watctower Bible and Tract Society that claims to be led by the Holy Spirit. If this is true then why have they preached and published erroneous information. Many people have been disfellowshiped(excommunicated) for not following or agreeing with the teachings handed down by the Governing Body. Members of the Governing Body have even admitted to making errors. Whats up with that? BTW.....I was never disfellowshipped. On my last day in the Kingdom Hall I gave a speech that included me telling the congregation to turn their attention to the Bible and not so much on the Watchtower Magazine. I never returned to the Kingedom Hall and have had very little association with any JW since.
I don't know about everyone else, but REAL prophets probably aren't as annoying Jehova's Witnesses.

Booko

Deviled Hen
joecrawford815 said:

It may be of some use to label it as your opinion, Joe, rather than just toss it out there like it's an unquestionable fact. I think you'd get a different reception if you did so.

Oh, it's not like you wouldn't be asked to explain yourself or anything, but people around here generally respect peoples opinions even if they do not share them at all. At least, that's been my experience.

Sorry, I was a little rash in my words, will attempt to be more kind in the future.

As for respecting peoples beliefs, I will, but I will never say or agree with the to each his own way of thinking. I know the truth and want to prove that it is truth. Sometimes that truth hurts.

Bishka

Veteran Member
joecrawford815 said:
Sorry, I was a little rash in my words, will attempt to be more kind in the future.

As for respecting peoples beliefs, I will, but I will never say or agree with the to each his own way of thinking. I know the truth and want to prove that it is truth. Sometimes that truth hurts.

And sometimes a swift kick in the pants hurts too..So what? Your truth may be different then other peoples truth. I used to have a quote up that so eloquently put it, but it went something like "All people come to God in differnt spiritual ways." Meaning, they will all reach God but some may do it a little differently and that's just fine also.

Booko

Deviled Hen
joecrawford815 said:

I doubt anyone here will tell you you're somehow not entitled to your beliefs, at least I hope not. :eek:

But when trying to prove something is the truth, I've found it works better to speak the truth in love.

Not like it's easy to do that, but it's worth a try, no?

may

joecrawford815 said:
i have found it is always best to go to the official site of JW then we can find out the truth about what JW believe
Jehovah's Witnesses—Who Are They?

fromthe heart

steelblue75 said:
problem... what if you dont believe in an eye for an eye because of turn the other cheek? one is OT the other is NT... is it mentioned anywhere in the bible what was cancelled out from the OT by the NT?

Ignorance will not be an excuse for not learning what scripture says about the truth...I'm stating from the New Testament...most references to Hell or Hades in the Old Testament was refering to the grave not the lake of fire where unsaved will spend eternity.

Nothing was cancelled out...Jesus came to prove the law not do away with it...There were however 2 new commandments given but we are not to gnore the teachings of Moses because of it...these new commandments sort of rolled all of them into 2 but they all still stand just the same. I too don't believe and eye for an eye and to turn the other cheek...The reason I let go of the eye for an eye deal is that God wants us to turn away from wrath and LOVE our brothers and sisters despite themselves and we are NOT to judge them...I do not judge anyone but I will ask questions to have people whom I feel are in wrong thinking look for their own answers in scripture. Nothing that can happen will not have an answer to it in the Bible...KJV.:)

fromthe heart

may said:
i have found it is always best to go to the official site of JW then we can find out the truth about what JW believe
Jehovah's Witnesses—Who Are They?

BUT...do you read the Bible as well...(the word of God)?
You can study with and what you chose but I do hope you will also take into account the "WORD of GOD"..that after all is where you will find all the answers to all you seek to find...If you discard the scriptures for this study you do with JW'S and you only go by someones word as to what to believe then you could be mislead down the wrong path...study as you choose but study the WORD too! Check what you study against God's truths and if it coincides with what scripture says it's likely to be true but if it differs then most likely it's false prophets teachings. Better to be safe than sorry isn't it?:)

may

fromthe heart said:
Check what you study against God's truths and if it coincides with what scripture says it's likely to be true but if it differs then most likely it's false prophets teachings. Better to be safe than sorry isn't it?:)
i agree totally with this, and for me JW are the ones inline with Gods word the bible.

may

dawny0826 said:
yes we are christians , our beliefs are based on the bible.Jesus plays a very very big part in the out working of his fathers purpose for the earth. there is no salvation in any one else
For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. John 3;16
(1 John 4:9) By this the love of God was made manifest in our case, because God sent forth his only-begotten Son into the world that we might gain life through him.
This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ John17;3