• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Jehovah's Witnesses False Prophets?

Bangbang

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT said:
you can't be disfellowshiped for discussing matters with the elders.
So.......I guess things are different since my days as a witness. Whats up with that? More light been shed on the Organization since then? Did the Governing Body vote on that again and change their minds. What happened? I am not attacking you...please do not be angry with me. I really do want to know what changes have been made since I was JW. I am just regrouping spiritually. I have even thought about going to the Kingdom Hall but I am not ready and may never go. I will most certainly never go to any other church. Knock on wood.:biglaugh:

Bangbang

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT said:
to deny that would be a lie would it not? You know the answer to it. 1975 comes to mind, when apparently the ending was nigh. But does make jehovah's witnesses false prophets..no. Unfortunetly, we're still human beings and mistakes happen. You can't take the credit the governing body deserve for their studies. Ofcoruse, im sure they're much more aware of saying certain dates for this modern time.

out of curiosity, what's your beliefs now? have you a religion?
I could be thought of as a Diest but I am still a Bible Student. I have been doing a lot of reading lately and am getting lots of info but have not been able to come to any conclusion regarding my latest pathway..just....a lot more questions. Makes me think about this scripture.

Ecclesiastes 12:12 (New International Version)

New International Version (NIV)

12 Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them.
Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.

Bangbang said:
So.......I guess things are different since my days as a witness. Whats up with that? More light been shed on the Organization since then? Did the Governing Body vote on that again and change their minds. What happened? I am not attacking you...please do not be angry with me. I really do want to know what changes have been made since I was JW. I am just regrouping spiritually. I have even thought about going to the Kingdom Hall but I am not ready and may never go. I will most certainly never go to any other church. Knock on wood.:biglaugh:
I'm not aware of how things were back then if im honest. what happens now is basically this: a person is for example caught smoking, they would be asked to see the elders. basically council is given..if you're not sorry for what you've done, you're disfellowshipped.

ofcourse if a person is sorry, council is still to be given. afterall you cant just keep on smoking and say you're sorry every few weeks to keep in the organisation.

sorry. my wording is not great. i cud get the proper details of it later if u wish. what has made you thnk about going back?

Bangbang said:
I could be thought of as a Diest but I am still a Bible Student. I have been doing a lot of reading lately and am getting lots of info but have not been able to come to any conclusion regarding my latest pathway..just....a lot more questions. Makes me think about this scripture.

Ecclesiastes 12:12 (New International Version)

New International Version (NIV)

12 Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them.
Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.
you have questions. i'd like to think ive got answers. granted, they aren't spoken with much delicacy most of the time but i like to try. if you have any questions, be free to ask.

Bangbang

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT said:
i cud get the proper details of it later if u wish. what has made you thnk about going back?
Yes...please get the details. Thankyou. As to going back? Where else would I go? The Catholic Church? Most of them don't even read their bible. Most I have talked while going door to door believe more in what the the JW's preach and are not even familiar with the Trinity. They were the easiest to convert. I would use the King James Version with them for awhile then they would eventually prefer to read and study out of the New World Translation because it was so much easier for them to understand.

Bangbang

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT said:
you have questions. i'd like to think ive got answers. granted, they aren't spoken with much delicacy most of the time but i like to try. if you have any questions, be free to ask.
I will....then we will both become athiests.:biglaugh:

Bangbang said:
Yes...please get the details. Thankyou. As to going back? Where else would I go? The Catholic Church? Most of them don't even read their bible. Most I have talked while going door to door believe more in what the the JW's preach and are not even familiar with the Trinity. They were the easiest to convert. I would use the King James Version with them for awhile then they would eventually prefer to read and study out of the New World Translation because it was so much easier for them to understand.

well no. the catholic church slightly lost it didn't they. the king james version? now.. i thought that was the easier one to read..

did you teach trinity? haha

far much to discuss in one night. I shall seek to convert you another day.

Bangbang

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT said:
well no. the catholic church slightly lost it didn't they. the king james version? now.. i thought that was the easier one to read..

did you teach trinity? haha

far much to discuss in one night. I shall seek to convert you another day.
Goodnight and have fun my friend.

Bangbang

YmirGF said:
I could be wrong, as it was ages ago now, but when I was growing up at least once, but perhaps more... I remember hearing that the JW had predicted the end of the world. (Down to the time.)

I can almost hear a radio announcer saying " and on that happy note, traffic report up next". I am sure it was the mid to late sixties. (Help me out here folks. Are my memories sniffing glue again?)
Yes........They have made man predictions that did not come to be and have undergone changes regarding what policies that were to be followed by their membersof the congregation but I must make this point. The same has been done by other religions.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/witness.htm
[font=arial,helvetica][/font]

Ernestine

Are You Sure You're Not Spouting Sour Grapes? Sounds Like You Wanted To Do Something That Went Contrary To The Bible, Were Refused, So Chose To Disassociate Yourself From The Organization. You Certainly Find It Easy To Blame The Organization For Whatever Happened With You, But Ask Yourself What Role You Played In All Of It. Take A Hard Look In The Mirror Before You Start Condemning Others. At Least They Have A Faith, Something To Hold Onto And Believe In. If You Were A Member Just For The Purpose Of Having Your Ears Tickled, You Chose The Wrong Religion.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Ernestine said:
Are You Sure You're Not Spouting Sour Grapes? Sounds Like You Wanted To Do Something That Went Contrary To The Bible, Were Refused, So Chose To Disassociate Yourself From The Organization. You Certainly Find It Easy To Blame The Organization For Whatever Happened With You, But Ask Yourself What Role You Played In All Of It. Take A Hard Look In The Mirror Before You Start Condemning Others. At Least They Have A Faith, Something To Hold Onto And Believe In. If You Were A Member Just For The Purpose Of Having Your Ears Tickled, You Chose The Wrong Religion.
We aren't here to bash anyone. He's just saying what his experience was.

There is a lot of "Verse Throwing" going on. The Bible can be used to prove anything a person could want. Therefore it is best to back up the verse with your understanding of it.

As for whether or not JW's are false prophets, it is no one's place to say except for God. Although I am sure there are some JW's that are terribly mistaken. There are those type of people in all religions.

False prophet is a relative term. A religion can have false prophets within itself and that is most likely the truest way of using it.

Bangbang

Ernestine said:
You don't know anything about me other than what I have posted. I blame the organization for "spreading the wrong information" and ruining many lives. I don't feel guilty of spreading the wrong information to people and having such a great influence on people I witnessed to and converted to be JW's because at the time I was under the influence of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society not a god. I was decieved just as my "brothers and sisters" were.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/tsk_b/1Jo/4/1.htmlhttp://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/c.pl?book=1Jo&chapter=4&verse=1&version=kjvhttp://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/popup.pl?book=1Jo&chapter=4&verse=1&version=kjv
http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/versions.pl?book=1Jo&chapter=4&verse=1&version=kjvhttp://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/d.pl?book=1Jo&chapter=4&verse=1&version=kjv
1Jo 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

I agree with KATSPUR. Anyone can produce an Anti-this or an Anti-that website and try and induce people to go there as if those sites were "THE AUTHORITY" on a given subject. One can split hairs all day long to prove or discredit something. The true measurement of an individual is the Christ. Sounds simplistic, but think about it. A christian is a follower of Christ to the best of their imperfect abilities. Did Christ devote his short time on Earth Spewing hate towards people as Anti-JW's do? He did revile the Jewish religious leaders of his day. However his real focus was offering compassionate hope to people. THAT is the measurement by which any individual OR organization should be held to.

David_shem

Hello all,

The Jehovah's Witnesses are more or less the same as any other Christian body of Believers, they may differ on a few things here and there, but they are still Christians. They are no different than the Church of Christ, Baptist ect. Are they false Prophets? Are the rest of these Christian groups False Prophets? I will refer you to the passage, "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." (Isaiah 8:20).

Steve

David_shem said:
The Jehovah's Witnesses are more or less the same as any other Christian body of Believers, they may differ on a few things here and there, but they are still Christians. They are no different than the Church of Christ, Baptist ect. Are they false Prophets? Are the rest of these Christian groups False Prophets? I will refer you to the passage, "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." (Isaiah 8:20).
They are not the same as any other body of Christian believers, i dont think they would even want that label. They deny the deity of Christ among other things and believe him to be an arch angel as far as i know.

Abram

Abraham
Steve said:
They are not the same as any other body of Christian believers, i dont think they would even want that label. They deny the deity of Christ among other things and believe him to be an arch angel as far as i know.
The archangel michael to be exact. It means "chief angel"

They get it from the passage 1 Thessalonians 4:16 "The Lord himself will desend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel's voice." there is others as well this is just the one I remember.

David_shem

Steve said:
Hello

Maybe they do not believe that Jesus is god, but they do believe in Jesus, and they believe you must believe in him to be saved. They believe that he paid for their sins just as any other Christian. Like all Christians they believe that if you do not believe in him you are lost and going straight to hell.

may

David_shem said:
Hello

Maybe they do not believe that Jesus is god, but they do believe in Jesus, and they believe you must believe in him to be saved. They believe that he paid for their sins just as any other Christian. Like all Christians they believe that if you do not believe in him you are lost and going straight to hell.
JW do not believe in hellfire,if this is what you are refering to when you mention hell?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
searcher63 said:
I agree with KATSPUR. Anyone can produce an Anti-this or an Anti-that website and try and induce people to go there as if those sites were "THE AUTHORITY" on a given subject. One can split hairs all day long to prove or discredit something. The true measurement of an individual is the Christ. Sounds simplistic, but think about it. A christian is a follower of Christ to the best of their imperfect abilities. Did Christ devote his short time on Earth Spewing hate towards people as Anti-JW's do? He did revile the Jewish religious leaders of his day. However his real focus was offering compassionate hope to people. THAT is the measurement by which any individual OR organization should be held to.
I have got to say that you are right, IMO. I have 'put my foot in it' more than once (out of sheer ingnorance' by choosing an 'anti' website to make a point as ask questions.

Personally, I find the idea behind this thread itself distasteful. I have learned my mistakes on this forum from not understanding 'the whole story' and from reading propaganda that I thought was accurate.